Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

While this may be true, I have a hard time believing Marg would announce her departure in a magazine that would not be as publicized such as Entertainment Weekly, TV Guide or The Hollywood Reporter.

We'll see.

2. kc_from_kc

kc_from_kc Police Officer

Honestly, I wouldn't miss her from the show, because I don't even watch CSI lately, I just peep Marg/Jorja's clips on their respective sites. Can't be bothered to sit through full episodes anymore.

Plus, Marg is awesome and needs to venture back into more diverse roles. I know she can do so much more than the material CSI gives her. In fact, I've SEEN her do more. I feel like her talent gets wasted sometimes. <3

3. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Guess we'll need to wait until the interview is out. But plans can change. Even if she says she's leaving after season 11 now, doesn't mean she'll definitely leave when the time comes. She had talked about considering not renewing her contract after season 8, but she did anyway. :)

I'm with kc. I mean if Marg really leaves, I'll definitely miss seeing her weekly, but knowing that she can do better and that she's willing to do that, I'll support her decision and be happy for her. After all, she deserves so much more than CSI.

4. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Good point, guys. Besides, this gives them time to give her a nice send off, rather than the overdone "Character Leaving Series Gets Kidnapped; Will They Find Before They Die?" storyline. Perhaps a wedding? =D

This really does give her opportunities, too. I'd love to see M do a comedy. There's always a silver lining, ya know? And if she does stay on through season 11, that's another year of one hot supervisor.

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

The amazing Frenchy got the mag and translated Marg's interview into English. It was actually the interview TV Guide did with Marg and Jorja that was published in October, but this one has some details that weren't in TV Guide. Such as Marg's plan after her contract is due at the end of season 10 and whether Catherine will get a love story as Marg has always wanted. Scans and translation are available here. :)

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I read that article and I have to say, I'm glad that Cath gets a good 'love interest' that she has wanted.

Let's just say, I'm happy. :hugegrin:

7. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I just realized that I didn't get in trouble for yelling Tom and Bob in here. Someone *coughs*Destiny*coughs* must be laughing out loud now. :lol:

And I do love that she's finally gotten what she wants on the show...but just that still isn't enough. lol. We're talking about an Emmy winning actress. She can do better than what this show's been giving her. :D

8. ladyhunter

I agree with you Erica. Marg is a fantastic actress and can do more than just CSI. I'm saying that I like the fact that before she leaves at the end of next year, Catherine gets a decent love interest storyline. I really hope they keep them together or long enough for her to leave the show with him.;) But that's me.

I would love to see Marg do a comedy. She has such great comic timing and a very addicting and sincere laugh. I think she would be great. :D

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Oops. I didn't mean for my comment to direct at yours, Heather. Sorry for the confusion. I absolutely agree with you hehe. :D

Two weeks until the next new episode. I wonder what this show has in store for Catherine?

10. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I absolutely love that they've given her a man, too, cause you know, seeing M smile just absolutely lifts my heart and makes me smile. I would love it if they were to write her off as getting married and sailing into the sunset with Tony.

I was watching Weeping Willows yesterday and listening to Marg's commentary (cause good Lord that silky voice is just <333) and I had to smile when she was talking about Alex. It was cute.

11. ladyhunter

Now I have to break out my season 5 DVD's. :lol:

Weeping Willows was an awesome episode. I love to see those kinds of Catherine-centric episodes. :D

And Erica, no worries. I didn't think you were directing your comments at me. I think we are on the same page when it comes to both Catherine and Marg. :)

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

LOL that makes me want to watch the episode with the commentary on, too. Gotta do that on the weekend. Heh. :D

13. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I love listening to the commentary simply to hear everyone talk about how awesome Marg is. Lady Heather's Box is my personal favorite cause it always makes me smile when they were saying that Marg is so nice and that she is one of the only cast members who hangs out with the crew and gets them coffee and everything on the breaks. It's so her. I also love listening to them talk about her when she was doing the Lindsey rescue scene and how she did her own stunts and how they were really worried about her getting cold. I'm like Awww.....

I also love in Shooting Stars when they are getting ready to go into the building and Catherine pulls her gun and Danny laughs and notes that Marg is really good at stuff like that. <3

14. ladyhunter

I watched the commentary on Weeping Willows the other morning.
    First off, Marg has such a great voice. It was so cool to hear her describe the scenes and what was going through Catherine's mind, etc...

I never really payed attention to the commentaries before, but now I should go back through and listen. ;)

Oh and Lady Heather's Box is one of my all time favorite CSI episodes. :D

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Grrr you girls are making me really want to watch those episodes with commentary on, but I can't do that until the weekend. Hmpf. Well, look on the bright side, it's almost Friday my time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.