Mac/Jo: Making good first impressions

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 25, 2010.

1. macandjogirl

macandjogirl Victim

Okay, if we don't get some Mac reaction to Jo in peril after this, I'm gonna be so upset. He was clearly aware of how upset this case would make her, and the way he took in that last bit with Jo and the rapist going eyeball to eyeball, he has to know there's bad news written all over this once whatever happens to free this guy goes down.

Also loved how partnered up they were again tonight.

2. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

I think this might have been the only episode I was happy with the exact amount of Jo/Mac scenes we got. There was not a lot of them, but I liked where they go with them. Hence the whole Jo's storyline, I think it was the best way to start this: Mac convincing Jo they will catch the guy. It was practically the only thing he was saying to her during this episode, but I think this is what she needed the most: knowing he actually cares about this case, because he knows how important this is for her.

I'd love to see where this is going in the next two episodes (especially the last one). I'd love to see this relationship between them expand with this storyline, because this is - like we've discuessed this with The ChaoticBox - the best ocassion to go further with Jo/Mac as a possible relationship.

What did I like about yesterday's episode, other than Mac's silent support for Jo about Curtis's case?

I did like their partnership over the A-case. It fit, that the two main team members where talking to these girls (fuck, that was one sick case) and I liked how clearly disgust they were about it, even though they remained professional.

Oh, I loved Adam's comment to Jo! "You need to teach him a little patience"? :lol: Sometimes I think Adam sees more than others. ;)

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I loved the end with Mac watching the TV and seeing Jo and the rapist looking at each other. I also liked how he kept reassuring her and understands how hard this is on Jo. I do want to see more though. Their interactions were very professional and I would like to see more in the personal level.

4. LIE

LIE Victim

Does anyone else see how similar Jo is to Claire?

I mean as little as we saw of claire from this season's premiere. (8x01) Maybe she's not as fun and little kidish, but I can totally see the similarities! I think she is soo good for Mac!

5. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

I wouldn't go that far to say that they are very much alike. But maybe because I don't like the idea of Mac 'looking for' someone like Claire? BUT I would have said I can see the similarity in Mac's behaviour around them. Both with Claire and Jo he seems more relaxed, easier to deal with and - thank God! - less angsty. And if he was like this with Claire... And now he's like this with Jo... I think this might be yet another reason why I ship them. ;)

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I'd say that maybe they are similar in that they both have a fun and teasing personality. I agree that they also bring out a more relaxed Mac and that's great to watch. So it is indeed another reason to like them. Mac seemed happy and at peace with Claire and didn't mind her teasing. The same goes for Jo :).

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Promo for the next episode looks awesome :). Sela wasn't kidding when she said that the scene reminded her of The Fugitive. She really does get knocked around. I'm really hoping we get a nice scene with worried Mac afterwards. Ever since I read the spoiler about the woman from Mac's past I've been a little worried. And after all the goodies we've gotten in the past episodes with Mac and Jo I'm going to be so disappointed if their relationship doesn't evolve into something else. Still hopeful :).

8. LIE

LIE Victim

Yeah, that makes sense. If Mac goes for someone exactly like claire, he might be reminded of her too much. But Jo has that whole fun & joking kind of attitude like Claire did, but is also grounded and would help him in a mature way. Plus, like she said in an episode last season, I do think Mac would make a great father (to Ellie) I just think it would work so well!

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Oh my God the ending!!!!!!! I thought I would be disappointed because the episode wouldn't have enough time for them to talk in the end. I kept looking at the time just thinking it would end after she killed the rapist. But then Mac appeared and went to sit with her, placed the blanket around her, and then she leaned into him. That shot right there in the end is definitely my next avatar!!! Lovely, beautiful, awesome... I just need them to be together, they are just too perfect.

10. macandjogirl

macandjogirl Victim

Perfect, it was a perfect last shot. HOLY CRAP!

11. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Hi fellow Mac/Jo shippers. Hope you don't mind my dropping in like this.
    Here's why I dropped in. With some help from Google I found out the name of that song that was playing at the end of CSI: NY Friday night. It's Never Let Me Go by Florence and the Machine. I'm here to officially declare it the OFFICIAL Mac/Jo ship song. Everytime I play a sample of it on Amazon.com or Bestbuy.com I start thinking of that very last shot with Mac and Jo, before Jerry Bruckheimer's name popped up, and I just get giddy all over. :rolleyes: *faints*

12. macandjogirl

macandjogirl Victim

"I think the word 'sexy' makes you nervous."

OMG. I'll take any flirtation with an annoying woman that leads to Jo flirting with Mac and getting him all flustered. HEE!

13. Eve

Eve Pathologist

Hey guys :) May I join? I started to watch CSI NY lately and got soooo into Mac and Jo shipping... It's so funny to see how she is accosting him - like in school when boys are pulling girls' ponytails :D And Mac is so adorable when he has no idea what to say back. Like in the 7x14 epi with the "hot, steamy sex" scene. Mac was just abashed and it was so cute!

14. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

I am not sure what to make of this but I'll have to wait until season 7 comes to New Zealand-But I can see Jo is one hot MILF :adore:

15. greenfieldcsi

greenfieldcsi CSI Level Two

These two have great chemistry!

I really like their dynamic regardless of whether it is as friends or more.
    I really hope we continue to see them interact a lot. These two just bonded really quickly and have great chemistry together (only just got to the episodes where she was introduced :D )