Mac <3 Stella #19 - I won't give up if you dont give up.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Ghawazee, Jan 23, 2010.

?

Smackie NAME needed!

Poll closed Jan 26, 2010.
  1. Mac <3 Stella #19: Proving love can really conquer all.

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Mac <3 Stella #19:"I won't give up if you dont give up."

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  3. Mac <3 Stella #19: "'Coz it all comes down to Christmas".

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mac <3 Stella #19: "I need a sign to let me know you're here"

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Mac <3 Stella #19: "Because i will be right here waiting for you"

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. csimiamigirl

csimiamigirl Hit and Run

could someone please tell me the new lady (forgot her name) is suppost to save stella from drowning cause it mac suppost to be worried and goto the ER or something i don't know whats suppost to happen but i know we're suppost to get Mac/Stella scenes and i was just wondering when that episode was suppost to air

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

That will be the NEXT episode and it will not air for four more weeks we have a bunch of repeats coming up after tonight.:scream:
    Nobody knows what the reaction of Mac is going to be at this point. I dont think I read it any where, everyone is just speculating and hoping for some kind of affirmation to his feelings for her.:)

3. Sarcastic Queen

Sarcastic Queen Civilian

Hello, everyone,
    I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I discovered "CSI:NY" late in the season (around the end of season 2 and the start of season 3) and I began watching it for the police procedural plot lines and interesting dramatic stories. I wasn't looking to actively "ship" anyone, but for some reason, the easy friendship and close bond between Mac and Stella sat very well with me and their lighter scenes always put a smile on my face. Though I didn't realize it at the time, I was subconsciously searching for scenes with them together in every episode and my favorite episodes just "happened" to include some of their best moments. But it wasn't until the recent "Death House" episode that I sat up and took notice. The instant Mac touched Stella's hand to look at the phone and they grin as they started putting clues together, lightning struck and I was "Smacked"...hard.

Anyway, besides introducing myself, I also wanted to comment on one other topic: why neither have acknowledged their feelings. CSIz_4_H and Lori mentioned that they are currently stuck in their "comfort zone" and are afraid of hurting the other person. I heartily agree, and with their permission, would like to expand upon that analysis. Whether or not they realize it, Mac and Stella are very much in the same boat. With Claire's death, Mac lost his life partner and the instant the Professor died, Stella similarly lost her life anchor. Both Claire and the Professor represented Mac and Stella's past life, people whom they loved deeply and was arguably the strongest, closest relationship they have ever had with anyone. When that special tie was severed, Mac and Stella became essentially alone in the world. And because they are in hte same boat, they clung to each other for support, for friendship, to be each other's strongest tie in the world.

So to me, it may not be that they are afraid of hurting one another, it may be that they are afraid to even admit that a romance between them is possible. Up until this point, they have been able to whether ups and downs of their other romances because Mac and Stella have an intuitive and unspoken understanding that they had each other to lean on no matter what. But if that failed relationship is their own, they no longer have one another for support. They'll be right back to where they started: alone in the world...again. And that, I suspect, is more terrifying to them than anything else.

4. hammer227

hammer227 Rookie

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! 4 weeks?!?!?!? a freaking month without Stella and Mac?!?!?!? NO WAY!!!!

anyway just watched the episode *shudders* and desite the presence of Aubrey something, we still got some 'moments' i saw couple of smiles and the bond between them is still strong :D :D :D so i keep up my hopes!!!

oh and since i don't want this thread to close again, can we please use the spoiler button??? we've already gotten our head chewed out once this week, thnkas =)

5. csimiamigirl

csimiamigirl Hit and Run

sorry that was me i didn't know it was a spoiler i thought everybody knew that i'm really sorry it won't happen again
    about Mac/stella i haven't seen the episode yet but can't wait to see Mac/Stella but hate that we have to wait 4 weeks to see more Smacked

6. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

Just watched the lastest ep. Not much Smacked but I suspect the 'taking the chance' thing is the prelude for Mac to consider the possibility with Stella. Mac got rid of the tie at the ending that reminds me of Stella took off his tie and told him to loosen up a bit. Mac apparently remembered that. That's another sign of future Smacked to me. :)

7. Bonasera-Taylor

Bonasera-Taylor Prime Suspect

WHAT A Month with out any SMAKCED ....F*******k

what the h are they doing?

8. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

I loved the episode but I wasn't quite impressed when there wasn't much Mac and Stella scenes. However, there's a scene that made me blushed and smile non-stop. Shifts me from the ever pessimist to an optimist. :adore: The third last scene where Mac and Stella were done with interrogating the guy about the gold fraud, both of them exchanged a prominent and priceless gaze. :adore:

Here's screen caps from the episode entitled, 6.17 'Pot of Gold'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

ASPRINE!!! What a sweety you are!:thumbsup: Thanks for the uplifting pictures!:drool: I'm sure there are those who will find comfort in them.:lol:
    WELCOME SARCASTIC QUEEN! I very much enjoyed your comments and insight looking forward to more!
    Well about the tie thing as shell kiki said I was reminded of the first season as well! There was not a whole lot of Smack but wasnt expecting much as the storyline wanted to go off in another direction:rolleyes: But the pictures from ASPRINE will keep things flowing for the next couple of weeks when hopefully we will see Macs attention and hopefully "concern" on his Stella:thumbsup: Off to work have a great day all!!:thumbsup:

10. idwithheld

idwithheld Victim

I agree! I think they so did that deliberately. They've always tried to subtly relate Mac's thing with ties to Stella.

"But someone I know recently reminded me that sometimes you have to take chances- if only to give one to someone else."

The whole take a chance thing is Stella's idea since season 1 onwards, but I guess Reed reminded him of Stella during this ep.
    Reed - referring to the case whereas Stella -to dating.

It shows that Mac acknowledges Stella being the driving force behind take a second chance on dating, specifically when he's deciding whether to wear the tie or not. I loved how he put the tie on and then smiled :guffaw: then took it off laughing/smiling. (we all knew what he was smiling about)

The ep. was like 'hey Smacked fans, sorry for the lack of Smackedness but stay tuned'

Even though there weren't a lot of Smacked moments, I quite enjoyed the moments shared between Mac and Audrey. They were sweet! But whether they complement each other, now that's a different story :thumbsup:

11. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Awww, now look at those pics.:adore: How can you not get a little giddy with those looks? I thought that scene was adorable and a nice 'moment' amongst everything else going on. Loved it.:D So, I'm not crazy for thinking that the tie scene brought back the one between Mac and Stella. I thought maybe it was wishful thinking, but since y'all feel the same way I can't be wrong.;)

12. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Guys! You've been warned repeated about staying ontopic and after having read some of the last page of posts I can see that hasn't been happening, yes some posters have been doing as they were told, but some repeatedly post posts that have little discussion on Mac and Stella. Please can you guys remember that all posts must have at least 3 of ontopic discussion! Also, please remember to use spoiler boxes when talking about future eps!

Thank you, now back to Mac and Stella,
    Steph.

13. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

I've been lurking and watching and I have to say I am taking time-out.
    I do not like what this thread has become.
    I'm sad that people find it so hard to follow the rules ( I do try hard to follow them myself, if I have slipped it was not intentional).
    I have enough drama to deal with in real life without drama in forums, which should be places to get away from drama.
    I am going to miss you family but I can't deal with this now.
    I'm sorry.
    I will be back but later when things have calmed down and it doesn't affect my shipper habits not one bit.
    Take care ya'll!

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I think this lack of ability to follow the rules has gone on long enough with warning after warning after warning. It's not that difficult to stay on topic and follow a few simple rules. I apologize in advance to everybody who does follow the rules and would like to thank them for that but for the remainder of you who can't, this thread is being locked for 24 hours. Please do not make a new thread in the meantime, it will also be locked.

Thanks.

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

This thread is now open again...

Now, with that being said,

Mac and Stella, MAC AND STELLA only! No talk about other characters unless it pertains to Mac and Stella's relationship.

If you don't like a ship/character, take it to the debate thread, that's what it's for.

Three lines of on topic discussion no chit chat, no talk about your day. Save that for IM's or chat forums, but don't do it here.

And if you guys think that we won't give out official warnings to those who continually break the rules...watch us...