It's really over

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Whogirl82, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Whogirl82

Whogirl82 Civilian

i can't believe it's really over. 15 years of this show. I've been a Gill/Sara shipper since day one. My parents thought I was nuts lol. Now I truly rubbed it in. You get so invested in a show. Loved how they wrapped everything up. My heart is sad..but DB will move to Cyber let's hope the new Sunday slot won't kill t.

Happy Grissom, sharp52092 and GSR GR like this.
  2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

It's sad to see CSI go, but that show had a hell of a run! I'm glad we got a TV movie to close it out. :) (The series finale of CSI: NY was satisfying enough for me, since TPTB had been planning for the possibility--for several years, really. I think CSI: Miami was the only one that didn't get a very good ending. The 'closure' element of that series finale was too hasty, in my opinion, and there were loose threads that should have been dealt with that final season...)

I'm curious to see DB on Cyber, but I share your fear about the timeslot. CBS ordered 22 episodes, so it seems like they have some confidence in the show, but I guess we'll see how it turns out.

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I do agree about NY getting a good closure. I wasn't really into the Vegas one but did watch the last two episodes and the movie. I liked the next to last which should have been the finale. I might check out CSI: Cyber as well.

4. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

It sure all over- this show started when I was 10- and to think 15 years later it ended, what a shame but can always dream csi reunion one day, along with New York and Miami.

5. Faylinn

A reunion would be fun a few years down the road. :D

I remember renting the CSI DVDs from Blockbuster (that tells you how long ago it was! lol) and watching the first few seasons over and over again--and then they started playing it on SpikeTV (I think it might've still been TNN back then! So long ago!), so I was watching several episodes a night. I saw those first few seasons so many times, I loved those episodes so much. I don't know what prompted me to watch the show in the first place, though, I wish I could remember...

I saw CSI: NY from the beginning, although I think I missed the premiere and technically started with episode two. Oops! It'll always be my favorite of the four, I think, although those early seasons of CSI are special for me.

Surprisingly, CSI: Miami is the first one I watched! I remember watching it with my mom in the very beginning. My older sister watched CSI, so I probably picked the spinoff so I could like a different show than her, who knows lol. I didn't know the characters names or anything, though, and we stopped watching eventually. When I finally started watching Miami all of the time, I had to force myself to remember the character names. :p (That's nothing about Miami, though, just my inability to remember character names, sometimes. I have no idea why I struggled with Miami so much. lol)

And obviously, I started watching Cyber from the beginning, and I'll be watching it until the end. It's so strange to think that I've been keeping up with this franchise for so long. There are a lot of shows that have come and gone over the years, and I've usually given them up before they were even off the air--but the CSI shows have remained on my TV schedule. It sucked when Miami and then NY were cancelled, but it's so strange for CSI to be off the air now. It'll be even more weird when there aren't any CSIs airing new episodes at all. :(

Thus ends my brief surge of nostalgia. ;)

6. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

CSI: Los Angeles would be cool- or Colorado as they can use the ranch as for couple of crimes during the show run maybe?? got a feeling that NCIS will take over soon as the longest show.

7. Lynx

Lynx Victim

I liked the final CSI episode. A good, exciting episode and a nice ending. It was also great to see the old favorites again, I only missed Nick.

However, it's sad that it's all over.

"Cyber" will be aired where I live, start next week and I will watch it. But I doubt that it will be as good as this masterpiece. Not to mention "CSI NY" which was my special favorite. And yes, I miss "CSI Miami" too even if the last seasons weren't that great.

Otherwise, it's just NCIS to watch and when it's over, there's nothing.

8. Happy Grissom

Happy Grissom Hit and Run

It is hard to accept the fact there won't be any new episode anymore. This series was a part of my experience for so long......and it's sad to say 'good-bye' to it. CSI had the great writing crew - up to S9/10, anyway, and the incredible ensemble brought the excellent stories to life. I will miss it and I don't think I can follow Cyber the way l followed CSI.

9. CSI_Forever

CSI_Forever Victim

Although it's over (for now) at least we got a finale movie with most of the original cast! Sadly, many shows don't go out that way and often fans are left hanging.

Grateful for online streaming so we can relive our favorite eps. Imagine if this were the dark ages before Hulu/Netflix!

10. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

I'm convinced that the franchise is just hibernating. I enjoy CSI Cyber but, let's face it...it's not going to run the 9-15 seasons the others did. About 4-5 seasons feels rights.

At some point I'm sure we'll get another conventional CSI series with a new cast in a new locale.

Star Trek is an example of a franchise that took several years off TV, waited for interest to build up again and is launching a new series in 2017.

We haven't seen the last of CSI.

sharp52092 likes this.
  11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Yeah, hibernation is a good word for it. For example, while it's a different network, Fox has also been bringing back a lot of it's shows like 24 and now X-Files and Prison Break.

And considering that the networks aren't doing too hot right now, it's only a matter of time. I give it 10 years max.

12. Happy Grissom

Happy Grissom Hit and Run

Agreed. It may come back one day; but I doubt they can duplicate or reproduce the original CSI magic touch. Here's the link to a nice article titled 'Goodbye CSI. We weirdly really loved you.' from May 13, 2015 when it became known that CBS decided to pull the plug on our beloved show:

http://hellogiggles.com/goodbye-csi/

sharp52092 likes this.
  13. CSI_Forever

CSI_Forever Victim

While I would be excited for a reboot, I agree that they cannot replicate the magic since CSI was such a hit when it first came out because it was a novelty to see the science explained in such depth and it was a fresh take on procedural dramas. Plus they had a magical cast combination/chemistry that is hard to replicate.

sharp52092 likes this.
  14. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Well I have other question. In my country we have newspaper about different shows, and they release it two times in month. And in two pages they wrote alphabet of CSI and in S - spin-off they wrote about spin-offs we know, but they wrote something like this: producers planned CSI: London and CSI: New Orleans, but they resign. My question is - have anyone find or heard something about this? CSI: London sounds intriguing. I write here cause I think it's good topic.

15. Faylinn

I'm sure they considered various options to expand the franchise when it was at the height of its popularity, so that could be a rumor, or it could be true. I can't remember reading about CSI: London or NO specifically, but I might have forgotten! It's been a long time, haha. ;)

Oh, I just found this article from 2007 which mentioned plans to film in London, but I'm not sure if they were considering a backdoor pilot or just a one-off storyline there...