'I Have an Episode/Season Question' Thread #2. No Spoilers Please.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 2, 2007.

1. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

Re: CSI:Miami 'I Have a Question' Thread #2. NO SPOILERS PLE

:)In addition to being a "#1 tourist attraction", Christ the Redeemer is a religious experience for Catholics (like Mecca, Wailing Wall, Vatican, etc.). Of course, now it's also one of the Seven Wonders of the World.

:confused:Horatio, being a spiritual if not particularly religious man, would be inclined to do exactly as was shown; much as most Catholics would go to St. Peter's Basilica in The Vatican or St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC. And, as shown in previous episodes, he is or was Catholic and apparently still adheres to some of the traditions, i.e., "From the Grave".

:confused:, He was at the foot of CHRIST THE REDEEMER, after all; it seemed a fairly basic interpretation to me. And the film footage was spectacular.

:lol: :lol:IMO, that was the most compelling scene in all of Season 5 while most the balance of the season stretched the credibility factor to its limits, with maybe the exception of Eric's injury.

2. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

yes i think Eric's injury....which i just watched the ep Broken Home, where they show his scar! Poor baby!! i just wanted to hug him!!!!...was the only good storyline of S5. although i'm not going to pretend that Curse of the Coffin wasn't LMAO hilarious!

3. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

I too found that scene hypocritcal and very contrived. Remove H from it, and it would have worked perfectly well. Just another of Miami's 'ponderous superficialities' to quote some great reviews I've been reading lately. ;)

4. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:confused: :confused:Don't mean to belabor the point, but I can't imagine ANYONE visiting Rio for the first time who wouldn't make the trek to CHRIST THE REDEEMER as very nearly their first stop.

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Even a guy like me who was raised Jewish?

6. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

I agree it is a ‘must see’ tourist attraction. Absolutely stunning infact. What I didn’t like was the presumed symbolism behind H crouching beneath the statue, for reasons given.

7. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

I too agree that this 'Rio' opening scene was too over the top and don`t work for me at all , sorry. I can accept that H had respect for the Christ figure and takes inspiration from his faith , but his faith suddenly becoming too rush and ridiculous theme in S4 & 5, and for me this only make him look more like a martyr for the cause. blahh After all the guy go on revenge mission. Coz fo this there is no need to be involve Christ statue so direct. If they was show some pics of it ok, but H kneeling by Rio's famous statue make me think only a) tying up his shoelace, b) looking for his contact lens or c) just looking very cool.

8. ilovejontogo4evr

ilovejontogo4evr Rookie

i'd have to go with choice c Pusher :) lol he did look pretty awesome up there :)

9. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

How would you have felt about the scene if Horatio hadn't been praying? How about if they had him either looking at the the scene below or just looking up at the statue.

10. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Well in my opinion the irony about that scene was that he was going to commit a sin and he was standing in front of a statue of God. Yes it was to seek revenge for Marisol's killer but he didn't have to do it that way. He probably just wanted to have the last laugh.

11. csi_miami_roks

csi_miami_roks Civilian

Hope this isnt a spoiler but i am dying to know wat episode was it that calleigh got shot in the leg. our power went out right wen i saw her leg. please tell me which episode it was! thx

12. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

She didn't get shot in the leg. It was 'Recoil' not sure about the episode number. It was a vial of blood that Ryan had and he was so suprised by the shot that he broke that vial glass and then the blood got on Calleigh. Hopefully someone can explain it to you better.

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

csi_miami_roks, if it is the one I think it is, and it happens outside a courthouse, it is from Recoil (season 3, episode 21). You can read about it in the episode guide of this board (see links at the top of any page here). Just keep in mind that anybody who hurts those beautiful legs deserves the death penalty.

14. stephanie20

stephanie20 Rookie

when does csi:miami air on tv? september 24th right?

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ According to our CSI:Miami Episode Guide located at the top of the page, that is correct. :)