How do you think the planets were created?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Imperfect, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Imperfect

Imperfect Police Officer

I'm doing some messed up project for one of my classes, and I'm supposed to somehow randomly find 100 people to answer. So I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Big bang, baby. Big Bang! :D

3. Stoky

Stoky CSI Level Two

i think also the big bang :)

4. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Gotta go with the big bang theory as well.

5. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

The Big Bang theory.

6. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

I'm also going with The Big Bang Theory.

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Kah-booooom!!! Of course I am just guessing. Wasn't around when it happened. I am not THAT old.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Bang-Bang.

Whoops. CSI has screwed up my mind. ;) Also with the Bigbang theory. :p

9. allmaple

allmaple Judge

big bang! :D although reading about it makes me head hurt :lol:

10. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

Re: How do you think the planets were created? *DELETED*

Post deleted by heartagram69

11. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Big Bang, since it has the most scientific evidence to back it up. Heartgram I'm with you about being thakful for no religious freaks on here, where's the scientific evidence of a god.

I'm willing to believe in a god, but in terms of your beliefs I say go with what makes you happy and you believe, not with what your church says.

ETA: I wanted to add that so nobody mis-intrprets me by religous freaks I mean someone who believe that whatever the Bible says in always right and someone who isn't able to see a full argument only their side to it.

12. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Hm, well, looks like I'm the first one who voted "Religious theory", though I have to admit, I was very hesistant to post in here. I thought this could be an interesting topic of discussion and therefore could be an interesting thread, and I can't tell you how unnerving it was to come in here and find people saying things like "I'm glad/thankful that there are no religious freaks in here" and "God doesn't exist so he didn't create the world". Reading things like that made me really angry and shake my head in disbelief. I can understand if people could state their opinion in a calm and rational maner, but that felt like a personalised attack. I believe what I want to believe, and I don't have a problem with that, so neither should anyone else. When we did the Big Bang theory in science, even the teacher mentioned (and taught) that there were other points of view on the matter, and that was just the scientific theory, and we didn't actually have to believe it.

I apoligise to the mods for any toe-stepping I may have done, and please PM me if 1. I did anything wrong and it needs adressing or 2. If anyone has any questions. :)

13. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I'll say this since you're a religious person, I'll respect your opinion if you're able to lokk at something from both a religious point of view and a scientific one. If you're a religious person who can only see one side of everything and has to be right about it, then I won't respect you and probably wouldn't even be nice to you.

So far you seem to fall in the first catigory which I hope I'm not wrong about, you really do seem to be reasonable.

14. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Carlz31, I give you props. Even as someone who believes the scientific theory (because yes, a theory is all it is), I was offended by the comments made. Putting down the religions was really unnecessary.

15. wibble

wibble Corpse

And that gets you another official warning for trolling. Did you even read the other one in the I Can't Believe thread yesterday? We don't tolerate offensive comments and baiting of other posters:

I don't see what's so difficult in that rule for you to understand, and as this is your second warning within 2 days, you're well on your way to earning some time off this board, and most likely permenantly if you don't start shaping up fast.

Any questions or comments, you can PM me or take it up in QSF.