Horatio & Yelina #5 ~ How Can I Not Love You?~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

You know, I noticed that too. and we all know how much I love DuCaine {no offense} but that day I talked to you and MD about H/Y, and from the episodes and from just reading what you guys write, I've noticed all kinds of ways that H is with her, that he wasn't with Cal, and it really made me think, Maybe H really belongs with Y. Have I dropped DuCaine yet? No... but I could possibly one day :D

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I see the two relationships totally differently, I have to admit. I guess it's the old canon/fanon thing. I'm not really into 'fanon', but to each their own and I can see why some fans enjoy it. ;) I went into a bit more detail in the Miami Debate thread a few weeks back, about different types of chemistry and how much we should read into things (when it comes to what the writers are really telling us), so I shouldn't really get into that here.

It's good to see you here though. I thought you would enjoy the pics. :D

3. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Indeed. There's a great deal to be said about "canon" and "fanon". The only real problem with "fanon" is thinking it's "canon". Other than this singular anomaly, "fanon" can and should still be enjoyed for what it represents i.e. a creative outlet.

Luce, your location rocks my socks. Ain't it a wonderful place to be, though? :D Stay the course, please.

4. Lucy

Very much so. :)
    Oh, it is an amazing place. I am more than happy to be stuck here! :D And yes, I will be sure to stay the course Ma'am. ;) Such a shame that Miami is a world away. C'est la vie for now, but the horizon is still looking a little brighter for H/Y. It's just taking one hell of a long time to kick start the journey there again!

5. polina

polina Rookie

inge I ` m glad you like my banner, I thought they would show how much they both missed each other in "Rio" :(
    the year has passed since they ` ve seen each other and what? nothing ...

Lucy are you trying to seduce me with your avatars?
    Roxton is so sweeeeeettttttt :D
    and thanks for the pics again,
    this place is the reason why I ` m give up my hope for H / Y

6. Lucy

This thread has been great for therapy since the writers took leave of their senses in the summer of 2005. It has certainly helped me keep my H/Y hopes up too. :)
    Yes, of course! I aim to please and I do admit, Roxton certainly brings out the fangirl in me, that's for sure. :D

*credit to Thumpy for my avatar* ;)

7. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

do u think they can make it ?! to continue this H/Y canon ?! :rolleyes: yes, H/Y thread was nice therapy, but till when ?! as i see S4 and S5 are for all "fanon" mimai fans. :( even me is ready to change my shipp probably H/Rick or H/snake... after all i`ll have a lot fun, not like now to feel betrayal and somehow guilty or helpless that we can`t make anything to bring Y back .....

but most i`m a afraid that after we have find some salvation in others tv show (House, TLW or BSG) till waiting for new H/Y epi...in the end things can turn out that CSI Miami is not the same too long time and even H/Y relationhsip can`t make us like it... only to keep grumble and be disappoint like after epi 'Rio'...

PS hope i have understand right this word game "canon" and "fanon" thing :rolleyes:

8. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

Hang in there Pusher! ;) Having come this far, I won't give up on H/Y unless it becomes an absolute impossibility. There will always be hope as things stand and this thread is testament to that hope. :)

9. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Hear, hear Swany.

No one's giving up per se, Pusher. We're disenchanted with Miami but never H/Y, so no worries. There is no doubt that there is much better tv series viewing out there which are more deserving of the banner of "total entertainment" compared to the "thing" Miami has become but H/Y will always bring us back here because they are worth the effort and support. The fact that this thread continues to sustain itself is a testament to that belief.

We're just biding our time but "two swallows don't make a summer" is pretty much how things stand just now with us and Miami. However, there is always hope. :)

10. Lucy

Absolutely. :) Indeed, even if Miami will never be the show it once was, all is not lost. We just have to wait and see where the writers are planning to go.

Other TV shows have served two purposes for me - they have made me realize just how poor Miami has become, and they have been incredibly rewarding to watch. Although I really miss the good 'ol days of Miami, when we literally couldn't wait to find out what had happened with H/Y in an episode, other shows have stepped in to restore this sense of heady anticipation.

As has been said, unless H/Y becomes something completely irretrievable, hope will always remain. ;)

11. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I'm currently watching quite a few new soaps which does provide us with some good old shipping moments like House, Bones, Prison Break etc but still I miss H/Y sooooo much! :'(

12. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I miss Miami *cries*.. Yeah, I jumped some ships, joined ships, since A&E started showing reruns. I like them. Plus Yelina is cute, and she brings out a different side of H.

13. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

^ Ma`am President i`m glad to read that the hope is still around here ;) i totally agree with urs and Lucy`s posts. but somehow all of this remind for one Bill Adama quote When you think you love somebody, you love them. That's what love is-- thoughts. in meaning 1) even to stop post here/give up or change the ship/tv show - H/Y still are in my heart 2) why, ohh why in S5 we don`t have one H reaction or action what to remind us for Y - his biggest/real love ...

14. Lucy

She really does. :) The Horatio I admire the most always had his family close by. His interaction with Yelina, Ray Jnr and Madison highlighted his human, slightly vulnerable side. Interestingly, the non-Horatio fans admit to liking him more when his family are around for this very reason. This side to his character is heartwarming and genuinely touching ie. not contrived.
    ...because the current writers are clueless when it comes to continuity. They are capable of plot continuity at times, but the portrayal of subtle emotions (that indicate a awareness of what has gone before) is largely non existent. :rolleyes:

15. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

very true not only for non H fans. last year this time H thread was so popular and active. and now after S4 we don`t have new posts there for days ... H family past and care for the kids or victim was the most good and strong side of his character. when Y leave he become one dark shadow far away frome the holy hero that he use to be (we love). hope the writers can fix this mess :rolleyes:

i have feeling that now i`m in a movie Eyes Wide Shut...only pretend that watch tv show...but the naked true is that i kill 44 min of my life...not like in the good 'ol days of Miami... every epi was challenge and curiosity (not only for H/Y relationship)...we have a lot human plot line and very cool quotes...not like now to look at my watch when the f..ck will finish this soup...if Y is back in S5 as Tally have say two swallow don`t make summer, but this will be good sign that at last this monster will try to return a little theirs fans trust... after all i have never see H to act so silly and selfishly when Y was near him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.