Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Couldn't have said it any better. Horatio finally showing us that he is only human, and I agree that David was fantastic. The episode was even better than I expected and he blew me away! Awesome job to him and the whole cast.

2. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

loved how he was sweating and had dark circles under his eyes-yeah he wasn't super cool and handsome but in serious pain..and still wouldn't give up on stopping the bad guys. Every movement was agony but he kept going on and he was amazing! I loved this episode and if this is what we can expect this season is gonna rock!

3. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Last night on CSI: Miami David's acting was so good I had to remind myself that he was acting. I don't think I could play injured and in agony that good...unless I actually was. I kept wanting Frank or Eric or Natalia or somebody to grab Horatio by the back of his shirt collar and drag him kicking and screaming and wheezing to the hospital. If I'd been a character on the show, that's what I would've done. Then I would've strapped him to the hospital bed and handcuffed his wrists to the rails on the side of the bed so he couldn't get up and leave again till the doctor said it was okay to leave.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

He did an awesome job in last night's episode. Way to go, DC! :thumbsup:

5. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I was pretty harsh in my review of this episode and completely forgot to mention this. David was good, just didn't like him suddenly hulking up with a gunshot wound (not to mention that he might have exposed himself to serious infection jumping in that water with that would).

6. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I actually liked him "hulking up". If he hadn't, it might have been the end of Eva's character Natalia. Then all of us Eva/Natalia fans, myself included, would be in the Eva/Natalia thread bitching about Natalia being killed off. And apparently you haven't read my latest You Know You Watch Too Much CSI: NY When... post. So I'll quote the relevent part of it here for you.

7. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I didn't mind it in the intro as I attributed that to willpower. However the rest of the episode, I started to mind.

8. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I was hoping we get to see more of Horatio in the hospital and maybe recovery, but I guess I really shouldn't have expected that, yeah he got knocked down and was wheezing up a storm to the point where I wonder if any CSI around him actually had a functioning brain to notice...but I would have preferred if he wasn't doing his super-hero routine everywhere...

And really, whoever the nurse that doctor called out to stop Horatio should totally be fired because she completely failed at stopping him from leaving the hospital!

The fact that they actually let him run around was incredulous, and even more that no one thought of dragging his butt to the hospital when he looked like he was gonna keel over at any moment? Seriously!??!

I get that H is a tough guy, I'd expect nothing less than him jumping in the water to save Natalia, it's who he is, he would have never stayed down when one of his own was dying. I was completely okay with him but it was the rest of the episode that just had me baffled that everyone just let him run around instead of putting him in a chair and tell him to sit down for a second.

Note that this is not me criticizing David because he was totally awesome in his acting, I wanted to hug Horatio the whole time watching him in pain, but really, it felt like Super-H all over again with him leaping around everywhere like a mad-man. The man's got a wound that's not even healed and barely patched up and they let him run around to chase down a serial killer? I'd have locked him in a supply closet or something! :shifty::scream:

But I guess this is how the show works so I'll just take what they can give me. I was really hoping that H being actually shot this time would have more of an impact, see more of H actually being down and the team having to learn to stand without H always holding up the line, but it became another mad chase around Miami...I felt rather disappointed by that storyline....

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

No,not really.It shouldn't have been the doctor's expectation for her to stop Horatio.Horatio couldn't be held (by nurse or doctor) if didn't want to stay.Take it from a nurse who has tried to stop patients from leaving at times.

10. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Totally agree - nothing winds me up more than 'allowed to leave hospital' and such phrases. What is it? Prison? Doctors advise only. And take it from someone who has walked out of hospital against medical advice.
    As far as Horatio is concerned... Well, he's Horatio. He's always going to go on until it kills him - which it might, one day. And no one in his team, regardless of their concern, could tell him, even less make him, do what he doesn't want to do.

11. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

[​IMG]

Just love this one of Horatio

12. spencerreidfan

Me too. Such beautiful eyes.

Does anyone have a screencap of him from the premiere with Marisol's photo in the hummer? That was the sweetest scene :)

13. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Question (for H addicts, which is why I'm using this thread). His bullet wound - the doctor called it a perforating wound from a bullet fragment. That doesn't mean a through and through, does it? He didn't appear to have an exit wound. And as he checked himself out so quickly... does he still have a bullet fragment in him? What do you think?

14. spencerreidfan

No, I don't think he could be walking around with the bullet fragment in his side. And I believe they called it a through-and-though, so he would have an exit wound. But I don't know for sure.

15. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Maybe I should have put a smiley face on this because you guys seemed to have missed the sarcasm, I wasn't being serious.