Holiday Fan Art Gift Exchange 2009

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dragonfly, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

We've done a few of these before, and they've always been a lot of fun, and a big success, so we're bringing you another one :D

What is a fanart gift exchange?

Well, it’s exactly what it sounds like! All participants will both make and receive a fanart gift. For those of you familiar with a ‘Secret Santa’, that’s basically what this is….

So here’s how this is going to work:

[1] Everyone who wants to participate must sign up. You can do this by replying to this thread.

[2] In your sign up post, you should also leave a short description of what you might like to receive. Keep in mind that these are only meant to be guidelines to help your gift-giver along. Keep it short and simple. If you also want to include a character that you don’t want included, that’s fine to, as long as you do so politely.
    [example]: My favorite show is Miami, especially Ryan Wolfe. My favorite ship is Ryan/Greg. I also love Greg and Nick. I’m not a big fan of Horatio or Sara. Get the idea?

[3] I will keep an updated participants list at the end of this post. If you see that your name is missing, or that it’s on there and shouldn’t be, please let me know so I can fix it.

[4] When the sign-ups are finished, each participant will be randomly assigned another participant to make something for. You will be notified of who you’re making something for by PM (or by email if you are unable to receive PM’s)

[5] Once you know who you’re creating for, you can use their sign-up post as a guideline. You may make whatever you want. Icon, banner, wallpaper, some combination things, it’s up to you. If you know that they have a LJ, making something for that is a possibility as well.

[6] When you are ready to send it in, you have two options. If you want them to know who made it, you may send it to them directly. If you wish to be anonymous, you may send it to me, and I will pass it on to them.

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join!
    If there are any questions, please feel free to ask!

Participant List:
    GregNickRyanFan (aka DeanCasAngel)
    FallenForFlack (aka Joyeux Noël)
    fo_poozle
    Something_wicked (aka Trek the Halls)
    happyharper13
    Mrs. Sanders (aka Mrs. Claus)
    shazza_018 (aka JingleBells)
    Hannah06_95
    Adorable_Crazy (aka Twilight Angel)
    Axelsonfire (aka SilverAndGold)
    speed_cochrane (aka Castiel)
    GeekLove<3
    nattybatty55
    H_Miami_Fan

I'll let you know later how long I'm leaving signups open. It depends on when they start to slow down ;)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm in.

My favorite characters are: the six listed in my location plus, Vartann, Valera, pretty much any Vegas labrats/MEs (especially Archie and Wendy), Riley, Dave Benton (Miami av guy) and Natalia. (The trio friendship of Jesse/Ryan/Walter is cool too). friendship of Greg/Nick, Greg/Sara/Nick or Greg/Nick/Cath.
    Favorite ships are: Ryan/Valera, Greg/Riley, Nick/Mandy, Mac/Stella, Cath/Vartann.
    Not a fan of pairings of E/C, GSR, Adam/Stella
    not a big fan of characters Tara, Haylen or Aiden.

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I had great fun with this last year and can't wait to participate again this year!

My favorite characters: Tim 'Speed' Speedle, Ryan Wolfe, Don Flack, Mac Taylor, Horatio Caine, Nick Stokes (I don't watch Las Vegas much anymore)
    I don't ship anyone
    Characters I dislike: most of Las Vegas team, Eric Delko, Stella Bonasara, Adam Ross

4. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

oh, i'm in too!!

i watch all 3 shows, my fave characters are nick, warrick and catherine(las vegas), speedle and ryan(miami), and all the ny characters.

5. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

count me in too :)

favorite shows are Vegas and NY (Nick, Catherine, Greg) and (Adam, Danny, Flack)

6. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I'm really glad to see another one of these up! The summer one was quite fab :)

My favorite show is Vegas. My favorite characters are Wendy, Riley and Greg. My favorite ships are Nick/Greg and Cath/Warrick.

7. Mrs. Sanders

Mrs. Sanders Police Officer

Nice idea... I'm in! :)

My favorite show is LV... I love all the characters... specially Greg :adore:... and I'm a GSR fan too!

8. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Oooh nice I'm in! :D

I love all three shows.

As for character Catherine and Greg (las vegas), Ryan, Horatio, Jesse and Calleigh (miami), don't really have a favourite character in new york.

Dislike:
    Eric, Grissom, Riley and Mac.

9. Hannah06_95

Hannah06_95 Police Officer

I'm in! this was great fun last time!

I love CSI:miami and new york but miami is my fave. Don't really watch LV anymore.
    FAve characters: Calleigh, Ryan, Speedle, Natalie, Stella, Mac, danny and flack.
    (but i don't dislike the people i haven't put on here just these are my faves!)
    Ships: Calleigh/Ryan, Stella/Mac.

I'd love icons (140x140 if possible although i won't complain if there not)!, banners and wallpapers! :)

10. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Oh, I'm in. :D

Watch NY, my favourite characters are Adam and Sid and I ship Mac and Stella. Used to be an LV fan, My favourite characters are Gil, Catherine and Nick and I ship Gil and Cath. :D

I'd like banners, icons (I prefer 140x140, but I'm fine with 100x100 as well) and wallpapers (1280x800) please.
    Many thanks,
    Steph. :D

11. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I'm in :)

Watch all three but NY's my fave.

Characters: Catherine, Archie, Greg, Alexx, Yelina, Walter, Stella, Mac, Sheldon.

Ships: Catherine/Greg, Wendy/Hodges, Horatio/Yelina, Eric/Calleigh, Mac/Stella (My OTP!).

Dislikes: Ryan, Tara, Peyton.

12. Dragonfly

Ten people so far! Anyone else interested? Tell your friends to come sign up! I'll keep this open for a while longer :D

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I think I'll have a crack at it. :)

-Fav shows: CSI:Miami, CSI:NY
    -Fav characters: Horatio, Speed, Danny, Adam, Jesse, Natalia.
    -Scenery okay.
    -Icons are fab, any size.

14. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

I'm in. :)

I love the original CSI: LV team.

I ship - Grissom/Sara.

Characters I like - All of the original team; Grissom, Catherine, Sara, Nick, Greg, Warrick. I miss them all together.

Characters I dislike - Langston.

15. Dragonfly

I'm going to leave signups open until Wednesday December 16th, so if there's anyone who still wants to join, please do!