"Helpless" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, Nov 13, 2013.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

THE CSIs INVESTIGATE WHEN A MAN IS FOUND DEAD INSIDE A HUMAN-SIZED HAMSTER BALL, ON “CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION,” WEDNESDAY, NOV. 13

When a man is found dead inside a human-sized hamster ball, the CSI team is brought in to investigate. Also, the team collaborates with a swing shift CSI on a case involving a serial rapist, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Wednesday, Nov. 13 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Matt Davis guest stars as day shift CSI Sean Yeager.

GUEST CAST:
    Larry Mitchell (Officer Mitchell)
    Matt Davis (Sean Yeager)
    Mark Famiglietti (Jared Wallace)
    Christopher Cousins (Ken Wallace)
    Noell Coet (Amy Morse)
    James Martinez (John Fletcher)
    Sherry Stringfield (Dawn Banks)
    Gabriel Sunday (Zach Fisk)
    Dar Dixon (Bryce Nierman)
    Cynthia Murell (Bunny Nierman)
    Bonnie Morgan (Melodie Davis)
    Adam Hicks (Tyler Banks)
    James Shanklin (Roy Davis)
    Cyrus Farmer (Reno Detective)
    Joseph Patrick Kelly (Officer Metcalfe)

DIRECTED BY: Karen Gaviola
    WRITTEN BY: Tom Mularz

2. NazgulNaz

NazgulNaz Victim

Alright, the only part that I'm not happy with is when Hodges and Henry became "CSIs" I was like "woah! How come it's easy for them to do field work whereas Greg needed to go through exams?

The episode is ok for me... It's not a WOW! Kind of episode, but it's ok.

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

This episode was okay but I was not overly thrilled with it. I got distracted half way through it and missed how Sherry Springfield's character got in trouble. :lol: She looked good though. It was nice seeing her again, seeing as I was an ER fan.

I really like Matt Davis' character. I wish he would stick around but I know he is only temporary.
    I totally agree with you here. They have had them in the field way too much with no real training out there. If they need to find them more airtime, have the regular CSI's find more evidence for them to process.

4. mirdaishan

mirdaishan Hit and Run

I agree on the Henry/Hodges in the field part, it even made me (the positive one! :p) frown for a second.

Further I did enjoy the episode, a few nice Greg/Morgan scenes, which I always like, and the storyline was good too.
    Seeing the dog search for Dawn made me think of Sam... I hope he'll be back this season too!

5. NazgulNaz

NazgulNaz Victim

I thought that DB tried to make them search for evidence in the bins. That was ok for me because I remembered Greg did that before when he used to be a lab rat. They should have made Sara do that since she's working on the case too.

Yeah! The dog really reminded me of Sam :D I like Matt Davis's character too! I too hope that he will appear in future episodes.

Oh, I also like Greg being a badass in this eppy. Hopefully we can see badass greg in future episodes.

6. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

An okay episode. Aside from the huge hamster ball, I'm loving a lot of crazy lines throughout. Especially from Brass. "Have a ball.", "She needed space, or lack of..." As well as Brass' other lines with open spaces concerning the suspect's occupation and "sharing her love for lack of space" (jail), or something like that. But, I do like D.B.'s comments with balls like that being carnival rides, since they now exist at the carnival where I come from. Though, I'd never ridden in one, it does look like fun. Then again, there's the concern for airtight moments, which I'm not fond of, being an asthmatic and all.

As for the rape case, I'm sure that I've already seen the family member/lawyer turning up guilty before, yawn. And that Jared's such a dick! I actually do find that moment between Jared and Banks interesting, apart from the bore of a rape case anyways. One Hit Wonder, anyone?:rolleyes:

And Greg fighting back the ginger dude was one that I wasn't expecting at all. Nice!

A pretty average episode at best.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  7. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

Everything goes too smooth and simple in the Hamster Ball case; does DB name a suspect? Two seconds later they get the package...there isn’t any competitor, or a next-door psycho; another jealous woman who likes to get the gerbil’s thrill. They get a suspect and...BANG! it’s the right one. The rapist case is more intriguing. well, they must choose between two or three suspect at least. The superfluous surfer is back. How many viewers does he bring to the show? As usual, Morgan gets her daily drama...every time the girl needs some pantings and thrills...As usual, the cast makes a good job, and Brass is a delight. so, what’s wrong? briefly: it’s not a matter of cases... they could find the most intriguing and interesting ones; they could put ten cases into a single episode. and it couldn’t work as it worked in the past. it’s a matter of chemistry: there isn’t any team anymore. it’s not a matter of relationships or friendships; it’s not a “family” affair. Now they don’t even meet in the workplace they share. It looks like they were working in different buildings, different cities, distant planets. Once upon a time there was a hallway; and it was their agora; Grissom and Brass, side by side, going through at a fast pace; then Catherine comes and Gill gives her the papers...two lines. and Sara comes from the opposite side...then Warrick...and Nick, Greg. a peek into the labs...plenty of Lab rats...how did it last? two minutes? well, it was enough to give us the
    sense of a close team. stop! BTW, is there someone who control (and care) the editing BEFORE the final cut? it’s not an important issue; it’s only a matter of accuracy. and it’s not the first time: when the Reno Detective enters the room, we see Brass’ shoulder; he is getting up; the next shot he is still sat. it’s a minor issue, but i don’t like it. A homemade video edited by my eight yo grandson would be more accurate...too much haste.
    Despite all the things i don’t like, it’s still my favorite TV show; maybe because i need to rant at this stage of my life...;)

8. Rena

Rena Rookie

I don't remember Greg being in that episode :confused: All I can remember is Fynn and Morgan, that mom and D.B. Sara was in there for like 10 seconds but didn't actually process anything. Nick was still missing. Brass had funny lines but didn't actually detect anything. What's the purpose of his character? Everything is done by the CSI these days. Brass shows up at places, arrests people and interrogates them. But he's a detective! Give him some work!
    I agree with you, Ren, I thought this case was too smooth and simple. It didn't really capture my attention.

9. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I like (i) the "real" episodes where these things actually happen, or (ii) the "strange" episodes, where the plot is flown in on a paper airplane.

So please, don't mix the two like they did in this one. The first half of the show was spent cracking every ball/rolling/sphere pun they could find in Roget's Thesaurus, then they settled down to a realistic story. Hard to keep track of. But heck, it was better than anything else on at the time, so CSI gets the win.