Grissom and Sara #36 A Love Story

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sharp52092, Jan 23, 2013.

1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

I do miss getting episodes from people like Sarah Goldfinger, and people who enjoyed exploring the relationship. It does feel like the writers now have a mentality to continue what was started, however, it's not something they started themselves. It almost feels like they're eager to wrap up this storyline to commence a larger storyline on Morgan's love life, in particular.

I think I originally fell in love with this relationship because it juxtaposed the bad with the good. GSR was so mature and they had real emotions, and fears.

I'll be sad to see it come to an end, but now I'm just really really hoping the current writers will be able to give it a happy ending.

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I agree with you, JFF. in everything.
    And the writers do seem to want to address GSR and then move on to other things. Which is fine by me, as long as Grissom and Sara's 'happy ending' is preserved.
    In moving on, and creating what is really a different show now in many ways, I feel very strongly that they need to honor the show's past and preserve Grissom's legacy. And in honoring him, they need to honor GSR. It was a large part of his character development on the show and the core of WP's whole exit arc, from a show he had a large part in making a success. Messing with that final epic Hollywood ending in One To Go would taint the whole series, IMO.
    Especially when it would be soooo easy to keep Sara and Grissom in a happy marriage, and still produce a good PROCEDURAL crime drama.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  3. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Hey beachlady

Try not to double post, wait until someone else posts or you can click edit until and add more to yours post until 24 hours pass

Thank you :)

4. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

I took a quick look at the official FB page and it's amazing how many people want to see them end up in divorce. That's the result of this new storyline, it's actually given people hope that they will break up and now we're even back at a debate. It's unnecessary since probably nothing major is going to happen and the only good outcome is that we're discussing them. Such characters just don't divorce, it's impossible, it shouldn't even be an issue. I'm 100% certain they won't. The writer who uses her own life experience to write this will probably write it the way her marriage 'could have' gone, not the way her marriage ended. It'd be a very creative process for her and it'd keep the fans happy. Otherwise, to write it all the way it happened to her would be boring and uncreative.

5. JorjaFoxFan

I wish the original writers of GSR could have had the honour of writing them out, because their storyline is straying from what it used to be. I'm one hundred and fifty percent certain they'll never divorce, but neither of their behaviour is characteristic of them anymore.

It feels very much like new writers are trying to introduce a new wave of fans to a dramatic relationship that they just can't garner from GSR; hence all the focus on Morgan and the love triangle with Hodges and Greg and whoever else. It's not interesting to me. At all. GSR was original, and it has real emotions, and fears, and set-backs and it played itself out over six years. It was subtle and refreshing and it made you want more. Morgan doesn't do that for me, I dislike her character and feel like she's all over the place.

If the writers are done with GSR, then they need to write it out peacefully and focus on whichever romance they really want to put focus on, but I won't be watching.
    It's difficult to accept what they're doing to these two, and it's actually very hard to watch after 13 years of watching their interactions, and rooting for them.

I hope ep. 15 gives us some more clarity as to the direction the writers plan to go..

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I so agree with this. It's so painful to watch the angst at this point in their relationship.

I wish I could say I was looking forward to future episodes, but I'm just too worried about what they will do to them. I can't imagine that the writers would put GSR through a divorce, and it certainly would be waaayyyy OOC, but....I honestly don't know where they are going with this story arc.
    ETA: I just don't believe for a minute that they would hurt each other or give up on their marriage, with all we have seen them go through to be together.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  7. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

After the latest info and pics we got of episode 15, I was wondering...

What are the chances for Basderic being the dead guy in the hotel room? We have a photo of the victim's right hand to compare, but I don't have the time to check it out yet and make a comparison.

Edit: Okay, I just read a spoiler about this and it's not him. Might as well delete this post :devil:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  8. JorjaFoxFan

You know what, it would almost be better for us if Basderic were the victim. Because what we do have is a really attractive victim, who Sara has spent the night with. Regardless of what they did during that night I feel like that in itself is almost a betrayal to Grissom, or it's a parallel to Lady Heather.
    Either way I find it very upsetting that we finally get fantastic story lines like this, and Grissom isn't even there to be a part of it.
    Via Twitter the writers did however confirm that ep. 15 will explain the call at the end of Dead Air... So I feel like we maybe won't know where these two are at until the end of the episode.

9. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Re:
    Exactly, I was hoping it'd be him, as then other characters would have more time for development like her mother etc. and the 'guy spending the night with Sara' would be just a trick to get more viewers, but it's not... Although, it's still possible that they didn't really spend much time together and most of it happened because she was framed (unless I've missed another spoiler again!).
    I'm glad we'll find out soon what the call was about, even if it won't solve their issues. I still think it won't be before the end of the season or the beginning of the next that it'll all be sorted.
    I really hope they won't pull a 'Lady Heather', it'd be wrong in so many levels. It'd also be more believable if it were Doug she spent the night with as a friend than a totally new guy. Got to wait and see... :confused:

10. JorjaFoxFan

Sara was really angsty in tonight's episode, the little that we actually saw her. This scares me.. it's like Sara ca. S4/5 again..

I never saw a promo for next week, but her attitude this episode was not a good indicator for the next. She seems like she's falling back into a really dark place and Grissom isn't there for her this time, not really.

11. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

It looks like she's going to be really angry in the next one.
    (judging by the photo of an episode past 15, where her hand is bandaged, she'll probably punch someone or something as well)
    I wasn't expecting Sara to go back to the old seasons mood-wise, it's like a step backwards for her. Unless she eventually deals with it all without Grissom and we'll be shown how she can manage without him.

I'm not exactly looking forward to the next promo...I don't think I'll like what I'll see... I might even give it some time before I watch the actual episode too.

12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Trust me, GSR GR, you won't like the promo.

You've pointed out what truly bothers me about all this: both Sara and Grissom seem to have regressed character-wise. We've already seen Sara deal with problems without Grissom. Wasn't that the whole point of her leaving the first time? To bury her ghosts? And she came back stronger, and was willing to leave again to give him space and to keep her own self happy and healthy.
    Then eventually we were lead to believe that Grissom evolved and chose love over work, and left to live his life with Sara.

Now we're back where we started, and maybe even worse. It's beyond sad what the writers have done to them.

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Agreed...i dont even wanna watch. Someone said it was like a fic and I agree.

14. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Alright, I'll biteā€¦

After the initial shock, I figured the following:

1) The guy could be a link to Basderic, or someone she wants to extract information from, or a random person she met there. Whoever he is, I still don't see her cheating. If this is the best 'did she cheat' shot of the episode then the rest of it can't be much. They're just pulling a 'Lady Heather' like we suspected they would.

2) We already know she didn't kill him because we already know she was framed. So the question is whether she kills Basderic or not. But since we know she's in the next episodes out and about then Basderic's fate shouldn't have a negative impact on her (other than a possibly bandaged hand).

3) The knife scene, it could be the moment she finds the murder weapon used to frame her.

4) That leaves us with the subplot of her mother and telling us what the phone call was about. All this is too much for a 40'-43' episode, there isn't enough time and I worry they'll mess up somewhere. They can still make this a good episode, it depends on how much they want to stir the ship's fans.

Of course, there's Monday's article coming up and I could be wrong about everything but oh, well.

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What do you mean by Monday's article?