Grey's Anatomy #2 ~ The McThread, Seriously!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I hope that is not true as it would be a big mistake. Spin-offs generally suck and don't make it. Geez let's just tank her character and career.

2. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

No, A spin off would like suck. I think/hope Kate Walsh is smart enough to understand what a mistake it would be.

3. RBC

RBC Coroner

I hate the spin-off idea too. I think a show about only neonatal surgery would be really boring. Next to that, they will have to get rid of Addison on Grey's. I would hate to see her leave, since she's one of my favourite characters. If they proceed with this, I hope Addison goes on a sabattical or something like that, and can return as soon as the spin-off would fail. I'd hate to see her character go downhill. Bottom line: Grey's without Addison would suck for me.

4. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

I come bearing spoilers from TVGuide.com!

Michael Ausiello said that at least one of these things will happen before the season is over: Callie will reveal that she is pregnant, Izzie and George will hook up, Burke will break things off with Cristina and then transfer to another hospital, Izzie will be reunited with her daughter, and its someone we've already seen on the show, Addison will be diagnosed with a life threatening illness, Derek and Meredith's relationship will hit a roadblock when one of her exes shows up on her doorstep with one thing on his mind

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Hmm... interesting. Some of those things I like, others not so much. Thanks for sharing!

6. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I predict the demise of GA. :mad:

Is that kid that was with Merideth when she drowned, Izzie's daughter???

7. Dragonfly

I had the same thought, but I couldn't remember how old she's supposed to be.

8. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

No Addison cant leave. Me and my sister were saying that we would be ok with it if Alex went with her but i dont know if i would watch Greys...unless G/I happened

9. Annika

Annika Prime Suspect

I think the girl is way to young to be Izzies daughter . Izzie was 16 when her daughter was born .

10. RBC

RBC Coroner

The girl should be between the age of 10 - 12.

11. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

More on the spin-off. :(
    LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Taye Diggs will star opposite Kate Walsh in ABC's potential spinoff from hit medical drama "Grey's Anatomy."
    The show will test the waters as a back-door pilot, an expanded two-hour episode of "Grey's" slated to air in May. It will center on neonatal surgeon Addison Shepherd (Walsh), a character who has enjoyed a strong following from fans since she was introduced at the end of the hot surgical drama's first season.
    It is understood that the back-door pilot episode will feature Shepherd on the verge of leaving Seattle Grace, a scenario that will be triggered if ABC goes with the spinoff for next season. There were no details on the character Diggs will play.
    "Grey's" creator/executive producer Shonda Rhimes is writing the episode and is expected to shepherd the potential series.

12. RBC

RBC Coroner

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :eek:

They're totally killing the character. I'm almost positive the show will tank because a show about neonatal surgery can't live that long. If the show tanks, I hope Addie goes immediately back to Grey's where she belongs.

13. Dragonfly

Well, I still don't like the idea of a spin-off, but OMG! Taye Diggs :D

14. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

Last nights episode was INCREDIBLE! :D I loved how Callie finally stood up to Izzie. Izzie has no right to tell her that her marriage to George doesnt mean anything and I was proud of Callie for finally telling her off. :D And that spinoff could quite possibly be career suicide for Kate Walsh...which is a shame because shes a very talented actress! :(

15. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

I loved last night's episode too! I think it was the best of the 3 parter.

Sandra Oh was fantastic- I loved Christina and the 99 cent store! "This, this right here is quality Sodoku. Seriously, like $2 worth of sodoku" (or whatever the exact line was) :lol:

I said it last episode and I'll say it again- DENNY!!! The bickering between him and Bomb Squad Guy (seriously, what was his name?) was so funny. And I loved that they brought Bonnie and her mother's nurse back....Oh, and Doc!! :D

I love the stuff with Alex and Jane Doe. He's made such a connection with her.

Are they really going to try and get McSteamy back with Addison? I don't like that idea. I still think he should take a shot with Izzie. Nice timing/editing after Addison's "Who am I going to sleep with?" and then cutting to Alex :p

Ellen was great in that scene when she realized she didn't want to be there. Very emotional. And the whole team did a great job with trying to decide if they had to let her go. The reunion with Cristina was great as well!

Fantastic episode! :D