Grade 'Vacation Getaway'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 26, 2010.

?

How would you grade Vacation Getaway?

1. A+

20 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. A

15 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. A-

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    9.3%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. C

13 vote(s)
    13.4%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  10. D+

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  11. D

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  12. D-

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  13. F

11 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Maybe by night Shane turns into::lol:
    Rubberman cartoon 1 - search ID msin330

[​IMG]
    Related topics: user, users, snack, snacks, snacking, friend, friends,

2. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

So, yeah, just watched the finale... Have to say, that wasn't a finale worthy episode... It was distinctly average... I've really had enough of the whole happy families storyline, (and after reading through some posts here, I see I'm not the only one...) the whole episode was totally predictable, right down to Casey surviving the fall... I'm with a lot of you guys, the show has really gone down hill this season, the writers are really going to need to buck up their ideas (up their game, I guess that's a very Norn Iron phrase?) if this show is to survive... I really hope something totally unpredictable will happen in the prem... I mean come on... Last finale was also Danny in danger (even if we didn't know it til 6.01), let some of the other characters have some time in the spotlight...

Ok... I'm done... Sorry for the rant...

3. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

my theory is that Danny is dead, because Carmine is probably sick of playing Danny Messer as a bitch baby.
    This show is so bad.
    This was the last episode that I plan on watching.

Nice chatting with you guys over the years, but I am done!

Peace out!
    Tata!

-Lo

4. Duke

Duke Witness

What a load of old rubbish.

I'm just going to list everything I hated about this episode:

Danny's peach/orange sweater, Lindsay, the cheesy dramatic music that made us think something shocking was about to take place when it didn't, Lindsay, the helicopter taking all day to reach the lighthouse, Lindsay, totally ruining the fascinating character of Shane Casey by him claiming he was just insane, Lindsay.

5. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I gave it an A. The only thing is that the story of Shane Casey is wearing a bit thin now.

6. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I gave it a B. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. It wasn't an awful finale in my opinion but it wasn't particularly strong.

It was quite hit and miss, like much of the season.

7. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Grade = D+

A few weeks ago, I had written a longer review, but at this point, I’m not very motivated to post it.

Others have highlighted quite effectively the various shortcomings of this episode. It suffered from many of the issues which have plagued the show all season – significant logic flaws, too much time spent on exposition and filler, too much focus on shiny ideas / gimmicks instead of substantive storylines and development, etc.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t care less about the cliffhanger in this one and won’t be spending much time speculating about its resolution, especially considering the show’s track record with underwhelming season openers.

However, I will be checking in from time to time to see how spoilers for season 7 are shaping up. And unless there are indications of a significant shift in direction, I probably won’t be watching. It’s much easier to watch the DVD’s at the end after all is said and done instead of suffering through another disjointed, disappointing season.

8. lovehiphugger

lovehiphugger Victim

I LIKE THE SEASON FINALE THAT WAS A GOOD FINALE IT MAKES YOU WHAT TO COME BACK AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM :) THE WRITERS DID GOOOD

9. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

F

The most boring season's finale of all 6 seasons so far. I know there are a lot of Danny/Lindsay lovers out there, but why would you choose a happy-family-on-vacation theme for a finale episode? If I wasn't sure I was watching CSI:NY, I'd have thought I'm watching a cheesy chick flick! Horrible! Considering the fact what CSI:NY is actually about. Solving Crimes/Procedural Work. I don't give a rat's ass what the Messer's are doing off work let alone be 'forced' to watch a WHOLE episode of it. CSI:NY has never been that far off before!

I started to root for the bad guy and I was hoping Shane Casey would finally shut up both of them to make it at least a little bit interesting.

10. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

OMG This show is truly a chick flick. :eek: I didn't realize that until now. :lol:

11. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

In my opinion, it has turned into one. LOL.

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I don't know but the finale felt like it was sacrificed for the sake of premiere. The writers of the finale were responsible for some of the greatest episodes of the series. It's hard for me to think that they came up with a finale like this without planning for the premiere. I'm optimistic, yes. Look at last year's season premiere, who would have thought it was a random shooting, maybe few. Some of us thought it was Dunbrook, the Greeks that Stella pissed off etc. I really hope they can come up with something awesome because I hate to see my favorite show go down.

13. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

From what I've read about the cellphones at home scenario, sounds like
    Lindsay's in on the whole Shane thing.

14. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Last night I was watching Hung Out To Dry.It's such a shame that they wasted such a great character after that awesome(and some other)episode.Worst CSI:NY finale ever.I hope the season premiere saves the storyline.

15. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

The episode did exactly what it was suppose to for me. It has me dying for September to get here. I want to see what happens. I loved the ending. Very Criminal Minds vibe to the black with the shot. Pissed about the move to Fridays, but makes my weekend start of awesome.