Grade 'Past Imperfect'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 25, 2007.

1. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Seems to me that Louie must be dead, and Danny can't talk about it.
    I suppose he could be in a persistent vegetative state or something, but if that were the case, I would expect a lot more Danny angst.

2. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

It was okay. Was glad that Stella ended up neg but wondered still how TPTB would've done it if the story had been done differently? Mac in his angry mode was good. LOL We'll see what happens with next weeks ep. LOl

3. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I thought Joey Lawerance was a bit creepy. He's definatly evolved since Give Me a Break and Blossom. I give him two thumbs up for his acting.

I personally can't believe that they would think for a second that Mac would push the creep off the roof. He's a military man and he holds himself to a higher standard than most. Mac feels that if you do wrong no matter who you if you commit a crime you should go to jail. He's a lot like Horatio in that aspect.

I was thrilled that Stella is HIV negative and I think it's great that they did an HIV storyline.

I felt so sorry for Adam he didn't do anything wrong, if I was MAC i'd give him a day off.

It never accured to me that Louie could have died, I suppose it's possible maybe TPTB could let us know.

I'm assuming that Lindsey is still taking it easy on the set after having a baby.

Cant' wait to see how everything onfolds. But they better not get us all pumped up and then ZELCH! I'll be an unhappy fan!

4. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

B+.

Joey Lawrence was effectively creepy as Clay Dobson and I hope we're gonna see more of him and Mac in the next two episodes.

Loved the camera work on the Flack/Mac scene. Very well done. It gave a kind of seriousness, urgency to it and the close-ups worked great.

I knew Stella couldn't test positive so no big surprise there, but I'm definitely looking forward to next week's "revelation".

Mac? It was cool to see some emotions finally creeping through his stoic facade, Gary did an awesome job.

Didn't really like the B case though Hawkes and Danny on the boardwalk was funny. Oh, and yeah, I agree with everyone. They totally missed a great opportunity to tell us what happened to Louie. I'm still crossing my fingers that TBTP will redeem itself before the finale... ;)

5. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

A

Lots of excellent scenes Mac/Flack, Mac/Adam/Stella, Mac/Dobson. I liked it that -again- they showed that Mac is not always doing the 'right' thing, but I don't believe he pushed Clay Dobson (what a creep!) from that roof.

6. FLACK_ATTACK

FLACK_ATTACK Prime Suspect

I give this episode an A+++! Holy crap, the ending was unexpected! I can't wait until next week!

7. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

A+++, definetly, and yes Mac didn't push him from the building, My Son and I say he cuffed him, and then He ran from Mac, and hurled himself over the edge. Making it look like Mac pushed him.

8. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

what a cliffhanger. I dont believe he pushed him either. great job from Joe Lawrence. the look he gave Mac after his first visit was scary.

I got a feeling like Mac was acting quite un-Mac through the whole epi but I think it was intended. especially him pursuing Dobson on his own was pretty impulsive. I enjoyed Garys performance a lot.

the second case was good too. I especially liked the Rusian guy. although I will heve to watch the scene at least 3 more times to understand every thing Danny said.

the little D/L scene at the beggining was so sweet. and the wink, OMG

but the one that owned this epi was Stella. Melina rocks. the scene with the results was incredible

9. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

I gave this episode a "B". I had to take points off because there was no mention of Louie! :mad: The moment with Danny and Hawkes talking to the side show characters was cool.

Stella's storyline can't be over that easily! Not after all that buildup... of course it was obvious she was going to test negative but I was hoping the conclusion would manage to have a little more excitment, that was totally anti- climatic.

Poor Adam! He really didn't deserve to get yelled at by Mac. I'm glad Stella defended him.

Obviously Mac didn't push Clay off the roof, and obviously since Mac is the star everything is going to work out. But this should still be a little more suspenceful than Stella's HIV story, because this time the suspence will come from how he gets out of it instead of if he'll get out of it. Kinda like watching a James Bond movie.

10. ejacksonian

ejacksonian Hit and Run

I agree with the persons that believe that Mac never pushed him. First, he has strict black and white morality, which means when anyone does anything wrong, like that cop, they are wrong, period. Two, there was little to no reason for him to push the guy off, because he already found the last girl alive.

Of course, there is just enough doubt that he would; Mac did allow him to escape because of Mac's actions, and he still killed two more people after they had to relase him. I believe Mac never pushed him, but there's enough doubt to have a good show.

11. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

You know that and I know that and so do the rest of the audience. But Internal Affairs and whatever review board Mac has to face, they won't know Mac like we do and they won't/can't just take his word for what happened.
    Obviously Mac is going to get out of it somehow, but there'll have to be some evidence to back up whatever he says happened.

Personally I think it would have been better if Dobson hadn't been handcuffed. As it is, we all know that Mac isn't going to push a handcuffed prisoner off a building (presumably Dobson jumped) but if Dobson's hands had been free then in theory he could have attacked Mac and gotten pushed over while Mac was defending himself or he could have jumped.

Anyway, loved seeing Flack and Stella together.
    Wanted to smack Mac on the head for being such a self righteous git. What happened to following evidence and not just fixating on the guy he wants to be guilty? Or do those rules only apply to the rest of the team.

It's almost a pity that Dobson was the perp. I'd have liked it if maybe he'd been innocent of this killing, but then started killing again afterwards.

12. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

I gave it an A-. Really good for the most part, nice intensity at the end. Joey Lawrence was creepy as Dobson, and you knew he was up to something by the look he gave Mac when Mac put his gun away. Can't wait to see where this goes next week.

13. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I give Past Imperfect a shiny platinum A+.

Joey Lawrence as the sociopathic suspect Clay Dobson was creepy as hell on this episode, a fantastic performance.

Mac Taylor was such an immense asshole though and was way overboard in his foul attitude but Angry!Mac though is lots of fun which made this episode even more entertaining to watch. I was however rather turned off at how he went at Adam who I felt did nothing wrong.

Seeing Stella test negative for HIV was also a major boost to this episode as well. I knew from the beginning that she should never test positive, not because of the notion that they would never make a female lead terminally ill but because of a very unlikely route of transmission which has happened only 97 times since the AIDS epidemic began. In the days and weeks leading up to PI, I read many posts on the Knowhivaids Stella forum where they wanted to see Stella test positive and it made my blood boil. In my opinion, I'm glad the writers flung the 'positive wishers' aside with full violence and made her negative. Still though, while I admire that they brought the HIV story up, I wasn't particularly pleased with how they handled the HIV storyline. A wasted opportunity to shed the stigma of this terrible disease it was. Making her positive would've permanently destroyed CSI NY for me. Thankfully that did not happen and Stella stands tall as a Goddess.

Some of the animosity resurfacing between Mac and Flack was also very good as well. I don't know about most of you but I think the dialogue as best when the two are at odds with each other especially in the episode "Consequences" where Don was reluctant in arresting a police officer.

On Danny, I think he as a charachter has been significantly weakened into a one-dimensional charachter, not because of Lindsay but just because they seemed to have left him to flounder lately. Whatever happened to Roughneck!Danny? I would like to see more of that Danny again. I don't mind him with Linday who thankfully had a limited presence this time around.

Overall "Past Imperfect" ranks as one of the strongest episodes of this season. I am excited for the remaining episodes leading up to the season finale.

Two callused thumbs up from me! :D

14. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

I gave it a A+ simply because of the Big Burly man with Gun line.

15. Messers_cupcake

Messers_cupcake Lab Technician

It was a good episode. The storys are more about the characters and thats what I like.

First... Danny and Hawks caase. Not much interesting but like everyone already mentioned here tptb could really put in a line or two about Louie. Danny could said to the man in the hospital something like he said to Casey in 'Hang out and dry' It's possible that he feels responssiable for what happened to his brother and it would be nice to let us know about it, tptb. Thats stupid, it was a big thing and it's his brother! So why can't we know about the end of this story? I don't like unfinished storylines.

The scenes in Coney Island... :lol: It's really good to know that Danny would do everything to solve a case... *on your knees, CSI...* that was a funny picture:lol:

Thanks god... oops! I mean of course tptb :p Stella is not infected. That would be really stupid to give her character HIV. She's one of the best in the team. I don't understand what would be so interesting in watching her suffer because of being HIV positive...

Flack... first... I love him for his very very funny lines. He's the best. The scene with Stella on the 'key party' was brilliant... :lol:
    The second thing is the scene with Mac. Great. I love it that Flack can be in one moment funny and in an other very serious. Amazing. It's nice to see that he still remembers about what happened in 'Consequences'. Now we know that it's not all forgiven between him and Mac even if they kinda sorted things out in 'Sweet 16'. Okay, so after all the screaming at Mac part came the perfect line 'What are we gonna do about Clay Dobson?' That's Flack. Teamwork like we have already seen before. He's always there for his friends.

and Mac... it was interesting but not such a big surprise. It's nice to see him in trouble and not always being Mr.Perfect, it was getting on my nerves already :rolleyes: I expected that something like this could happen after his kinda squablles with Gerard. It was obviouse that Mac is pissing them off and sooner or later tptb may use it for an episode when he will need thier help or trust like in this case and he will have a problem. So it will be very interesting to see how this will affect Mac and his position in the PD.

An other beautiful moment in the Flack/Mac scene was when he said to the detective 'you having a good time saying I told you so?' :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess it was a big pain in Mac's cut a$$ to have to listen to Flack's sermon :lol:

Wasn't it odd for you too, that when Flack came to the place where was Clay's office, he didn't go in? I mean he waited for back up, I understand, but Mac was there so shouldn't he go and help Mac instead of waiting outside and doing nothing? When I saw it I immediate knew that something will happen between Mac and Clay... that was so obviouse... :rolleyes:

aah.. and the only thing Mac has to learn is to say 'sorry' to a certain cute lab tech :p :D

Annie