Grade 'Open and Shut'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

^Thanks for clearing that one up jorja. That lady who played Grace, DeeDee Pfeiffer is also Michelle Pfeiffer's sister. She's very talented. She went from pretend gireving wife to cold-hearted bitch in a split second.

2. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

No problem ;). I agree that DeeDee was phenomal at her role of Grace. She did an excellent job of making us hate her for the way she acted at the end towards Stella. Only a good actress can quickly change personalities that quickly & make it so convincing. Oh, and before I forget I was clearly dissapointed on why she decided to kill her husband. Sure, a lot of marriages can be a pain in the ass but is that really a good reason to hit someone in the back of a head of hammer. I guess we'll really never know her true motives & that bugs me.

3. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I was wondering if they were related, they look very much alike. And she was pretty good last night.

4. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I meant to comment on the hole about the reason why she killed her husband too, but I forgot. I suppose I *should* stop visiting the board when I'm supposed to be at work :rolleyes:

The glimpses that we had into their homelife suggested that Grace was always in therapist mode. She was always looking for something to "fix" with them, it seemed like. So it may very well be - and this is pure speculation - that she was the one who was impossible to live with and nothing that he ever did or would ever do would be good enough for her. But in her skewed perspective, divorce is not an option because it would mean that she failed in some way, so she killed him.

Does that make sense at all?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

When Mac and Stella were talking, I think it was after the little spat with Lindsay, there's a painting on the wall. It looks like it could be one of Carmine's paintings. Did anyone notice it? I'll look at it again later but it looked like his style.

6. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

I noticed that too. I didn't think it was one of his ... I didn't think it looked like his style. :) Of course, I could be so totally wrong!

That's kind of an indication of how interesting this episode was to me. I was more interested in the funky vases in the background at Grace's house, and I really wanted to get a close look at the painting behind Stella's head :lol:

7. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

B-, I never really got into it. Cases with supermodels usualy don't bother me (like Summer in the City), sad for the girl, but the whole camera thing was a bit lame. The 2nd case with Stella was better, but I very predictable. Not the worst episode, but not a special one either for me.

8. keich

keich CSI Level One

Gave it a B.

This is probably my least liked episode. Yeah, both cases were pretty much open and shut, but I liked the one with Stella in it because she was just so affected by the case, and became determined when she found out she was being played.

9. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

I hear you. The most interesting moment to me was when I realized that Stella's desk was the exact same place where I was sitting when I visited the set. :)

10. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

:lol: :lol: Well that would have done ANYONE in for crying out loud. I would have been squeeing with excitement!! :eek: :D

11. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Aaaaaw shucks, my friends & I could have sworn up & down that Flack called the model "Kitten", not "Kid", and we even listed to it twice. (Kitten makes more sense to me somehow, and it sounded more "Flackish" :lol: But yeah, it was probably "kid") *pouts*

And I agree, DeeDee Pfeiffer rocked in her role, terrific actress. She played both ends of the emotional spectrum brilliantly. Hey, if you're going to get a well known name to appear in your show, you may as well get one who can act the hell out of their roles, yes? (And I really did want to see Stella bitch-slap her in the end, but of course I'm glad she didn't :D)

12. JulieAnn

JulieAnn Witness

I'm pretty sure he called her "kitten".

13. tvgeek1

tvgeek1 Victim

I had my closed captioning on, and it quoted Flack saying "kitten."

14. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

Thank God I'm not the only person who feels this way. As I was watching that scene, I was getting as frustrated as Lindsay. And then Mac let Stella continue the investigation? Ugh. Someday he's going to have to stick it to the man and pull her off a case. But, as per usual, the reviewer at Talk CSI: made Lindsay off as the bad guy in that scene -- for some reason, the author doesn't really review, just hates on Lindsay. I've decided to just not read them from now on.

15. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I think the point there was that Lindsay was showing a marked lack of sympathy for Stella at that point. Yes, she did show some spine in standing up to Stella who is, after all, her superior. But, she always seems to only show any sort of real emotion in those cases where she somehow empathizes with the victim. Otherwise, it's sort of a screw you, you're the bad guy attitude that turns many people off.

I, like the reviewer you just reviled, liked her just fine in her first several outings, but then the character entered this weirdo downward spiral of badly written lines and poor acting, a function of problems in the production and the acting. She had the potential to be so awesome, but now is confusing...