George/Nick:Texan Charm #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Elsie, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Doesn't it figure! I forgot to watch (routinely forget on weekends) and they finally do list his birthday. I was mad at them last year for not including him. :lol:

Just figured out last night why I've been so screwed up on the date. I kept looking at my watch and it doesn't do leap year! :eek: It took me 10 minutes to find the instructions (it was bought in '91) so I could fix that and next weekend I've got to change the time. :eek:

Susan

2. blackflag

Don't think anyone will mind a double post - The last one was around 24 hours ago anyways! :eek:

Found this in some trolling around. The actors are officially back at work. It's a little video from ET Online talking with actors from several different shows. I lost my sound shortly after George and ended up with stop and go video but my computer and ET Online don't usually co-exist nicely anyway (I was lucky to play it at all!). He's in the beginning right after Charlie Sheen. Don't blink or you'll miss him, but hey it's recent and my video froze with him on screen. :D Says he lowered his golf handycap! :lol:

ET's with CBS stars as they go back to work

Susan

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Thanks blackflag. Now if GE's lowered his handicap will that mean we can see him on some of these pro/am tournaments :) Please George :)

4. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I posted in the wrong thread...

5. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i'm counting down the days for our Darling to reaturn to TV. cant wait to see new episodes and new NIck...

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

blackflag Thanks for sharing that video.

I figured he would golf a lot. He loves to play golf.

I'm so with you Jacquie, that would be great. I wish if when there are celebrity tournaments that they would air them. Maybe, then we could see him.

ETA I found and article with George, Marg and Gary. From Malaysia of all places.

here's the link I think I can post this. If not, sorry, Destiny.

Don't know how the link will last, so.....

This is what they said about Nicky early in the article:
    while Nick Stokes (George Eads), the soul of the team, senses that in the fallout of the Miniature Killer ordeal, his “family” is breaking apart and fights to maintain their unity.

I have to agree, I think Nick is the "soul" of the team.

What a perfect way to describe him.

Here's George's part:
    Talking to George Eads, the chatty, opinionated, distinctively alpha-male actor from Texas that plays Nick Stokes, one gets the impression that nobody loves the show quite as much as him.

Even after eight years of playing the same guy, Eads still gets very excited about the task of bringing his character to life.

“Well, I think that they hired the right guy,” opined Eads, still dressed in his blue Crime Lab jump suit for the interview. “I’m just very passionate about the show. In one respect, you get to play the same guy for eight years, and you wonder how you are going to make it fresh this time. But in another respect, it is a long movie where I get a chance to mature and evolve.

“With every passing week, I get an opportunity to improve my acting because I get to do it day in, day out. So a lot of times, I compare it to being a professional athlete.

“I feel like in the eighth season, I’ve gone from maybe a good high school quarterback to someone that is throwing the ball harder and faster with more energy and who has more ability to lead a team.

Eads added: “So I’ve got to evolve this character to being not only more of a man than he was in the beginning, but a better CSI too. And I think he’s kind of fallen into a role of possibly being a leader of men instead of a follower.”

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Hey Speedy! Thanks for posting that and for weeding out the *important* part for us. :) Alpha male soul of the team. Can't argue there!

8. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

I love how Nick can be an "Alpha Male" and a really sensitive, compassionate guy at the same time. (Yeah, I'm sure it's been said a million times...)

I watched Cockroaches for the first time last night, loved that scene between Nick and Warrick, somehow I knew Nick would be the one to call him out on his drug use, and then getting all angry and throwing the pills in the bin! If only Warrick had listened. Those two have come a long way since their rivalry in earlier episodes.

This is going to sound weird but I really wish they'd give us more shots of Nick's hands. They're really, um, big and, er, probably better not go any further with that actually... :eek:

9. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Speedy thanks for the article. I will throughly devour it when I get home this afternoon. Alpha Male :) :)

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

You should come visit the Ward when it's my turn to name a theme. A whole bevy of hand photos! :D

11. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

No Seren_y_Gogledd you definitely should go further with that!
    Big and lovely and strong and...oh see your point in stopping :devil:
    Thats not weird at all! I join Smokey and you in the love for that particular appendage :D

12. blackflag

Thank's for the article Speedy. And thanks for making it easy on us and weeding out the Nick/George parts. How come all the good stuff gets posted once I've gone for the night? :lol:

I think I've seen seasons 1 - 3 too much. I fell asleep shortly after One Hit Wonder started on SPIKE last night! :eek:

Susan

13. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

Alpha male...yep i agree with that nickname. We surely love the way he plays his character...dont we! ;)

14. blackflag

For anyone who can get american commercials (sorry Jacquie, I know you can't) CBS is running a commercial with their actors returning to work. George Eads is in it. He's giving the peace sign. It's another one of those things where you blink and you'll miss him. I've seen it twice now. I thought he was in it the first time but waited for confirmation (which I saw last night) because it went by so fast.

It's just nice to see this stuff. It gives hope of seeing some more new Nick. :D

Susan

15. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I love George/Nick's hands too... I can totally see what you mean and join the love of his hands too, but if we wanna keep it PG-13, we had better stop here... :lol: :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.