Former X-Philes, Unite!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ziggystarduzt, Mar 25, 2006.

1. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

Ooooh well, why didn't I find his thread before???
    I was a completely obsessed freak when I was younger (I think it's probably the reason I had no friends because I used to tell all the kids 'the truth is out there') lol. And I still watch all my videos, haha yes videos not DVD's!
    Total M/S shipper obviously!
    I almost met Gillian Anderson when she was filming Bleak house because someone related to my mother (can't be bothered to work out his relation to me) was a co-director on it, but I had an exam on that day and my mother wouldn't let me go (I failed it anyway so I was REALLY dissappointed) but that's life I guess.
    I would love for a new movie to be made (I really hope so)I loved the first one. There's been rumours going around about this for ages though, and nothings come true yet :(

2. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

ohhh...x files rocked!!! I can't wait for the next movie. I don't know how its going to be a stand alone case though. The only way that would be possible for it to take place before the events of season 8.

3. shady

shady Hit and Run

carn't wait, I really miss that show, it was fab, even more so when it was just mulder and scully, lost the spark when Duchovny left.

4. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

Yay! New movie at last!!!

5. shane2

shane2 Prime Suspect

If the release day holds up there is 221 days til the movie is in theaters. I am so excited it has been a long wait. I even have my 9 year old son looking forward to it. He watches it with me on DVD and even will watch them on tv.

6. Point

Point Dead on Arrival

Looking forward to a new movie and maybe they can pull a Mulder and bring back the LGM ("Jumping the Shark" sucked, to be honest), provided they don't set this before that episode. Have almost the whole series on DVD; only missing 2 and 4, but once I have those, I have them all. The only new X-Files I've seen in the past few years was that game, which I have and have beaten a couple of times. I also have the older game (that one was fun, as I shot Skinner a few times, lol...either ended up behind bars or in a grave for that).

Will be nice to see new X-Files, even if it's only a movie :)

7. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Hey, CalleighD, you found us :D I was going to send you a link.

Guys, I've been talking to some of my sources, and they can't confirm or deny the release date that is given. It seems it's leaning towards a 'no' but don't quote me on that yet. I'll do some more digging. ;)

Okay, back to the show rather than the 'movie', which season did ya'll like best and why? We need to lien this thread up again :lol:

Jodie x

8. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

:( on the movie front, but then again, if they did make one, and it didn't live up to my expectations, I would be so horribly disppointed :(

Seasons 1-8 were my absolute favourites, I missed the Mulder/Scully interaction from the earlier seasons.
    I tend to have favourite episodes rather than a favourite season as such- the wierd little, funny stand alone episodes I liked a lot like 'small potatoes'.
    I really liked that wierd one when they were on the boat and it went back in time- Triangle or something. and 'How the Ghosts Stole Xmas' :) (watched it today)

Other random favourites are-
    Herrenvolk, Momento mori, never again, rain king, arcadia, 6th extinction, requiem, paper clip, kaddish (I really like this one, becaese my grandma used to tell me stories of the golem and such), the beginning and biogenesis.
    Seesm to be a lot of s6 in there actually :S

The stuff from the early seasons (1 and 2) i didnt really understand much when I first watched them. I was about 6 years old sitting there watching them with my dad (oh the fun times). but I've seen them a lot of times since and I do really like, that every story was really fresh and some were really quite out-there. And the whole Scully abduction thing started in s2, I like how that played out over all 9 seasons almost :)

In short, I just love XF hahaha.

Edit- You know the really creepy s4 episode, with the inbreds? I never saw that until 3 years ago when I bought a boxset. It was never shown on british TV I don't think, either that or i missed it all those years ago.

9. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Yeah, I have a select few I like. I've seen all the episode, but I only own season 1, 2 and 3 at the moment. But let's see what Santa brings me.

I almost stopped watching when D/R came in, it was almost sacrilidge to add more people onto the XF. But I carried on and the pair actually grew one me. M/S is the one true love though. I mean, that's the sort of love every girl dreams of, without the aliens, secret govnerments and liver-eating mutants of course.

10. shane2

shane2 Prime Suspect

I would also say it is more select episodes then actuale seasons. There were just so many good episodes off of each season I don't think I could possibly pick a favorite. I am currently watching the Mythology series I am on the first one Abduction. It is really neat to see the epidoses that just invovle one theme. I liked the episodes that were fun and light hearted but I was into the conspircy of it all too.

11. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

I loved the mythology, all of it haha, I find it impossible to choose. This may sound a little blasphemous, because this is a CSI forum, but I think I was more obsessed with XF than I am with CSI:Miami, but thats maybe because I'm older? I dunno lol.

12. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

I've seen the theme sets--it's a good way to focus on just one aspect of the show. Fry's had a sale on box sets a while back and I bought seasons 1-4 on DVD for $19.99 each set. I had VHS sets of key episodes from each season, but as DVD came up I held back from buying any more figuring I would upgrade.

Sometimes Sci-Fi has marathons of old episodes every now and again, and it's cool to see. That 9th season without Mulder for much of it was a little much though... From what I've heard from the rumour mill, the new movie (YAY! WOOT!) will not have anything to do with the alien conspiracy, but will be more like some of the horror episodes.

To the person who mentioned the episode with the In-bred family: it was called "Home." It only aired once and was banned from US broadcast TV due to a lot of complaints from members of the general public about it being too violent, graphic and sick for over the air TV. It has shown up on Sci-Fi, which is cable TV.

13. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

I remember that one :) It was a bit... odd.

Hey, guess who got the X-Files Box Set for christmas? :D Santa must have got my letter :lol:

I can't wait to get started and watch them all agian, it'll take me years, I never have any free time!

14. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

Yay! Jodie You're so lucky :D What boxset set you get? Is it the s1-9 one?

Because I really wanted it, kept dropping hints and everything but I got something else instead hehe. Guess my mother thinks my videos are sufficient lol.

15. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

No, it's one that has all the 10 series in and the film. I don't know where my aunt got it from, but it seems my not-so-subtle hints worked rather well. :D