Flack/Jo Danville - too new to have a cool name

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Ceindreadh, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Yes, I'll admit it, I was a total Flack/Stella shipper...until 'The 34th Floor'.

Granted I might change my mind after a few eps, but I kind of like the idea of Flack and Jo - and not just as a Stella surrogate.

I know they really only had one scene together (Flack introducing himself to her), but he did seem quite impressed when watching her in interrogation.

Anybody else think the same?

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree. Flack totally got his flirt on when he introduced himself to Jo and he seemed to be really impressed by her. I'm anxious to see how their dynamic continues to play out and evolve.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

He was definitely smiling big at her. It was a cute scene. I don't know if I could see them together romantically, but I wouldn't be against it at all. :) It would be a nice dynamic. I liked their scenes together though. I thought she fit in really nicely with everyone in general.

As for a shipper name, how about Flo? :lol: or using Flack's first name you would get DoJo. :lol: Fanville maybe? I dunno... that's all I've got right now lol.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Not even gonna lie, when she walked in and Flack spoke to her, I was like 'Oh really?' And then when he was acting like a total fanboy during her interrogation, I was like, 'Oh really?' :lol: I'll be interested to see how things play out between them as the season goes on - as of right now, I'd definitely be on board with shipping them. I mean, look at his smile:

[​IMG]

"She's pretty damn good." Oh, Flack. :lol:

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah i spotted it too, there was definitely something! she was flirty with lots of the boys but he was the only one who seemed to reciprocate in the same spirit.

surely they'd have to be "flo" ;) which, btw, is the name of my car :D

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I am ready to be a shipper here :D Besides I like how Jo flirted with everyone else (and i am still laughing for next week's promo:lol:) She is like the sun tearing shadows away and loosen them up a little bit:thumbsup:. She worked great with all of them so the "Floville" has my support :D

7. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Oh, glad to see I'm not the only one who sees potential for a ship here. I love how Flack gets his flirt on when he sees her. They always exchange little glances, and he flashes her that killer smile. I'm definitely interested to see how things are going to play out between them. :D

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

This ship is really grabbing my attention. I love how Flack is all smitten with her :D. They definitely have chemistry and I'm looking forward to more scenes between them. I have to be honest though that I also like Jo and Mac and I'm kind of torn, BUT episode two really made me lean more towards Jo/Flack so I decided to post. I really do look forward to more scenes between them :D

9. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

^ I'm with you, I'm really looking forward to seeing how things pan out for them, I love their little flirtations. I'm hoping that we get to see a lot more of them as the season progresses. :D

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I'm bored out of my mind right now so I went looking into Sela's imdb and realized that she is 54. She doesn't appear to be over 50 (I thought 45) so I was really surprised. So anyway, I went and looked into Eddie's and he's 32; that's a 22 year difference. Now I have no idea how old Jo and Flack are supposed to be cause I know they sometimes change the ages of the character but I was wondering if the big age difference would be an issue for shippers. I'm all about chemistry when it comes to my ships and I definitely see it between these two. There wasn't much interaction between them on last week's episode and I really hope we get something tonight. So what does everyone else think?

Note: I'm not trying to create a discussion about Sela and Eddie's age difference but about Jo and Flack's ;).

Mods: if this topic is better for the debate thread, let me know ;).

11. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I guess it depends on how old the characters are supposed to be. IIRC, Flack is older than Eddie - he'd have to be to have been an experienced detective 7 years ago.
    And my guess is that Jo is 5 to 8 years younger than SW, so the age difference would probably be more like 10 to 15 years.

It wouldn't really matter to me from a shipping POV.

12. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

Count me in as a fan of this particular pairing, although I think I'm more partial to DoJo ;)

I too noticed their chemistry from the first moment they were on screen together. Jo of course was being charming and flirty with all the guys, so it wasn't surprising how she was around Flack. But his reaction to her was unexpected, he really took a shine to her from the get go. And he seemed quite impressed with her technique in the interrogation room. On a side note, the fact that Jo & Mac in that same scene had a dinner bet about whether her trick would work says a lot about how she's able to bring out Mac's playful side, which I think is a very good thing for the show.

I think an even better Flack/Jo scene though was in the 2nd episode, when they were interrogating Sass' boyfriend, and she did the whole OCD/swallowing trick. You could see from the look Flack gave her that he wasn't sure where she was going with it, but he let her go. And then managed to pick up on it well enough to jump in when it was time to get the guy to "de-stress" himself with some therapeutic admissions. :)

What I'm not certain about is what I would actually like to see happen between these two. Age differences aside, she's a mother of two kids, one of which is 18. I don't see anything really serious happening between them, more likely just a bit of fun. :)

Even if they never hook up, I hope we see a lot of them working together. Their chemistry is similar to what Flack & Stella had, with that little bit of playfulness. And I have a feeling they're going to be just as much if not more fun to watch in an interrogation than Flack and Danny.

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree with you that the age difference in the show is probably less. I don't have evidence of this because I'm especially bad at timelines (especially since NY's is all over the place) but I just think it is.

Yeah I was quite surprised at Flack's reaction with her, it was quite fun to watch.

What I like most about them is that fun side they both have. I think they could share great scenes together and could really rally up against an unexpected victim :lol:. The age difference is there and so are her two kids so maybe something serious is farfetched but I will just enjoy seeing them interact.

14. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

Yeah, I have a feeling they're more likely to just end up being a good team that gets a little flirty from time to time. We know she likes her mind games, and I think Flack's the kind of guy who will like to play along :)

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

^^I agree.

It would be fun to have a scene like the one she had with Adam on her first episode were she was telling him the FBI had a file on him and grabbed his cheeks. I wasn't particularly fond of that scene because IMO it didn't look right with Adam but something similar with Flack would be great. Just a little flirty comment here and there would be really fun to watch with these two.