Fishburne Says Goodbye To 'CSI'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 8, 2011.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

According to Deadline.com, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’s leading man Laurence Fishburne (Dr Ray Langston) is leaving the crime drama. Fishburne’s contract was up for renewal, and he decided not to sign on for another season. How do you feel about this development? Head over to TalkCSI and share your thoughts. Thanks to Shane for the [...]

More...

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm not really surprised. Fishburne seems more like a movie actor than a TV actor anyway.

But now I'm curious to see how the show writes him out. They definitely gave themselves multiple options to work with, considering the way they ended things in the finale. I guess we'll see!

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised. I'm not Ray's fan but LF did a good job on the show. I of course blame the writers for the mess.

On the other hand, I'm happy the focus now shifts to the original team. :thumbsup:

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm not surprised either.I know how I would like Ray written out but it may impact on the other characters.

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I'm pretty indifferent to him as an actor, and wasn't very impressed with the writing of his character on CSI (from what I did see, anyhow--take that as you will) so I can't say I'm sorry to see him go. I might catch the new season to see how this plays out.

7. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

I'm surprised to hear that LF isn't coming back, he's great actor, but I'm getting sick of his character Dr. Langston, I find Dr. Langston is a dud that CSI tries to keep the character more interesting, but its not near enough.

Another thing is I'm agree with Geeno that the focus will be back on the main cast of the show :)

8. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

Eh. He did okay, but I really lost interest when he came. besides, he looks like a snake. Does this mean that they're going to try to bring William Peterson back?

9. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

While not a big fan of his character, I'm nevertheless bummed to hear this. I was far from being a fan of his character Langston and replacing a titan like Grissom was no small task. I sure am not a happy camper now. :(

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well, as a huge fan of his and thinking he was the best character ever on CSI not slamming the original cast, I thought I'd die when WP/Grissom left, and was so against anybody else taking his place, but I was amazed and thrilled by LF as Langston coming on CSI, but was amazingly thrilled by LF's character as Raymond Langston's character, I was surprised myself:confused:I think is might be the last straw of this great show. I'm sad and devastated by this news. I will miss him and his great acting, but wish him the best in his future endeavors:bolian: good luck Laurence:cool:

11. NickyStokes

NickyStokes Hit and Run

I for one, while I have nothing personal against LF am glad...he did NOT mesh with the show or the characters, he went from being someone with no experience to leading assignments. He disregarded anything Catherine said, got Nick on his side...tell me again what did Sara do so wrong that she almost warranted firing yet none of the others ever came close? To bad so sad...bye bye Fishy...swim...swim...be free.....

12. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I guess I'm surprised, it was only a month ago that LF was saying in EW that he was planning on sticking around. I wonder what the true story is behind this? Of course we may never know, but maybe the details will leak :p

I mostly liked his character, and all my negative issues were with the writers, and not LF himself or the way he acted them out. I just hope this doesn't affect everyone else with their contracts.

Vegaslights said in another thread that CBS is expecting to hire a replacement, and if that's the case, I certainly hope they don't handle it like they did with Ray's character and at the expense of Nick, Catherine, Greg, et al.

Now that he's leaving, there's plenty of interesting ways they can go with the finale's story line. I'm wondering if they might have even suspected this when they wrote it. :shifty:

13. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I'm really surprised with this news...It will be sad to see him leave but his absence may help the show in the end...

14. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

wow surprised, even though I felt indifferent to him as an actor and his character. Like someone said he seems more like a movie actor than a TV actor.

15. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I am surprised; however, it makes sense. He was never popular with the fans, and like Eddie Cibrian, CBS decided it was not worth keeping actors that don't click with the fans.