Eric/Ryan Slash--Unresolved Tension

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

Alright, sorry for the delay... here's the scene between Eric and Ryan.

Ryan :*walks into the crime lab*
    Security Guy: Good afternoon, Mr. Wolfe.
    Ryan: Good afternoon.
    Security Guy: Who are you here to see?
    Ryan: *pauses and doesn't answer immediately*
    [cut to Eric in a lab, on the phone]
    Eric: *motions to security guy and Ryan outside the door* Yeah, bring him in. [to phone person] Yeah, all right listen, I gotta go. Yeah. Bye. [to Ryan] *clears throat* Mmm, you're late pal. What, did you get, uh, stuck in the make-up chair?
    Ryan: That's very funny.
    Eric: Where's your visitor's pass?
    Ryan: Are you serious?
    Eric: Yeah, I'm serious.
    Ryan: Alright, so you're pissed at me now, too?
    Eric: No, Wolfe. I got my own problems. Now put your visitor's pass on before I get my ass thrown out of here, alright? Now what have you got for me?
    Ryan: This is so strange.
    Eric: Yeah. *long pause* This is the footage you dissected from your... TV Show. *mocking Ryan* Now, uh, as a CSI, I like to work from the outside, inward.
    Ryan: You have an uncanny gift for impersonations. I actually should have practiced what I preached. Take a look at the part where Jason gets in the front seat. There, you see that?
    Eric: No, see what?
    Ryan: Roll it back, go back to where you started, now isolate that moment. Ok now break it up, because video records at 30 frames per second, so it's too slow to have picked it up. Right there on the roof, you see that spark that's on the top of the frame? Then it skips and it's in the bottom.
    Eric: Goes between the frames. That's a good eye, Wolfe. How many times did you watch this?
    Ryan: After the, uh, city-wide manhunt I started... a few. That spark, I think it's a ricochet. Somebody fired a bullet.
    Eric: Yeah, well, Cheri Williamson didn't mention anything about gunfire to Horatio when she spoke to him. She's been in on this the whole time.
    Ryan: Not bad, huh? I still got it.
    Eric: Yeah, it's, uh.. it's too bad you can't do anything with it because I'm going to be the one taking it to the judge. *laughs, slaps Ryan on the shoulder* Good work.
    Ryan: Nice shirt.

It was such a cute little scene, because even when everybody else is pissed at Ryan, Eric wasn't AT ALL! Despite all the tension and conflict that they've had in the past, they were perfectly friendly and flirtacious! Yeah, they are SOOOO doing it.

It's such a shame that in practically every lab scene the camera always films through the glass windows and screws up the screencaps with bluriness. Dang it, I wanna make icons!

2. nozomin

nozomin Victim

You guys are welcome. :D

I'm surprised that Eric didn't mad at Ryan too. Much better than what I could expect.
    I also think Ryan didn't expect "thanks" or something else after the "nice shirt", because that's the way how they tease each other, and Eirc said "Good work.".
    And they both looked happier than they're apart. :)

Something bothers me. :rolleyes:
    When Ryan said "This is so strange.", and Eric answered "Yeah." after the pause, what did Ryan mean?
    I thought what "strange" is that he needs to be with the visitor's pass now, or he meant the video?

25 pages already!!! :lol:

3. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

I think he meant that it was strange needing the visitor's pass. He's so used to being there as an employee, as Eric's coworker, that when he's there as a civilian it just seems kind of weird and surreal.

I liked how Eric and Ryan had that sort of silent moment when Ryan said it was strange. It would be a big change for them, and they don't really know how to cope yet. Also, if they for some inexplicable reason haven't hoooked up yet, I bet they feel even more distressed by Ryan getting fired because they don't get to see each other. Mind you, the whole 'office relationship' thing would be out of the way...

4. nozomin

nozomin Victim

Yeah, I love Eric's reaction too. The silent moment and the answer. It touched me. So I want to double check what Ryan meant. :)
    Eric's answer is meaningful to me. It's "strange" when Ryan is not (belong to) here, not with him. Then they laughed, joked, tried to ease this feeling.

5. SwiftTales

SwiftTales Lab Technician

I'm so curious to see this episode now :p
    this sunday we had the episode where Eric and Nick get in a fight and Ryan grabs around the middle to hold him back *swoons* so much hand on body contact!

Anyway, I'm very glad to find out that Eric and Ryan are being friends even though Ryan lost his job ^^ I'm also very glad that the sexy, teasing banter is back between them, this feels very good
    BTW, I couldn't help but notice Ryan's sexy hair, it's like a cross between the long of season 3 and the really short of season 4 :p
    it's always sticking up, which isn't something I'd normally associate with Ryan, I reckon Eric keeps running his hands through it :devil:

6. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Doo it! I love your fiction so this would be great with next week being the season finale.

Thanks quickbeam for the dialog. That scene just makes my day complete, and it's been four days since it premiered.

7. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Oooh, thanks for the caps and the dialogue people! Fabulous scene!

Hehe! :lol: I think you're right. :devil: And Ryan just gave up trying to smooth it down.

I wanted to ask a question. Here in the UK, we'll get S5 in the summer, whereas I know that a lot of you have almost seen the whole season now. Which S5 episodes have the best Hardy Boys scenes, in your opinion? Which ones should I be sure to video so that I can drool over slashy scenes time and time again? :p

8. HellsBells

There is a lot of teasing in Curse of the Coffin. A lot of teasing. And theres a scene at night. ;)

For some reason I can't think of any others besides Curse of the Coffin and last weeks episode.

9. SwiftTales

There is also that episode where Eric gets into a fight with Nick and Ryan pulls him back, a lot of body on body contact! :p really hot

I'm not sure what the name of the episode is though :p

10. ebonymist

ebonymist Police Officer

That's Internal Affairs.

They already mentioned COTC and last week's ep... Man Down is good, even if there's only one scene, with Ryan at the hospital. Ryan being extremely worried and angry about what happened to Eric makes the episode really good.

There aren't many episodes that don't have a scene with them together, but right now I can only think of the angsty ones, like in Triple Threat, when Ryan tried to by sympathetic and Eric got defensive.

I'm working on that ficlet, Happilyhappy ;) Unfortunately fluff takes forever for me to get out. :rolleyes:

11. nozomin

nozomin Victim

The episode is called "Internal Affairs"
    http://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5x127la7.jpg
    A lot of "touching". :devil:

I think "Man Down" is a hardy boys episode too.
    You can see how much Ryan cares about Eric from this episode. ;)

--
    Oops! I replied the same thing. :p

12. HellsBells

That's ok! Take your time. With tonight being the last episode of the season, I'm going to be driving myself mad over the summer. Especially since we don't know if those two will have any scenes tonight.

So, fiction will happily get me through the summer. ;)

13. inge

inge CSI Level Two

I'm disappointed that there was no Eric/Ryan scene in the finale.
    If Ryan gets his job back I want a nice welcome back scene between them. :D

They are working together and discussing the case.
    Then Eric leaves, but before he goes he says to Ryan: 'By the way, welcome back' and leaves.
    and Ryan's of course totally stunned by this. :lol:

lame? nice?
    any other ideas? :D

14. SwiftTales

I think something like that would be nice to see, it reminds me of that episode with the headless corps that Alexx boiled and Eric says: good work and Ryan's completely blown away :p

I think I'd like some body contact when Eric says it though something like clapping Ryan on the shoulder and then saying: welcome back Ryan or it's good to have you back, Ryan or it wasn't the same without you

I think it would be nice to show that Ryan does have a place on the team and that they missed him, that he was missed, that things were different and not in a good way

although that scene in Kill Switch where Ryan says this is weird and Eric says yeah comes close to admitting that they're not exactly happy with the new situation

15. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I'd like for him to do that too, a pat on the back would really blow Ryan away. and plus saying that.

Of course he's missed, but it would be great for them to say he was missed and that he's apart of the team, not just wb. He needs the "glad your back"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.