Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: "Do it for us"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by adorelo, Jul 4, 2008.

?

New name?

1. My destiny in your hands...

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. A Ho No Mo' so let's get nekkid

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Between us

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Because I feel for you

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Do it for us

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Even nuns want to see some action!

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Without you I wouldn't know what to do

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I'd wager that Eric knows more about her than pretty much all the other men she's dated on this show. They all seem to miss or underestimate some kind of basic thing about Calleigh that spells the demise of the relationship. Not that I think she's necessarily an easy person to date -- she's somewhat complex. lol And she needs her space, and her freedom, but still I'm sure wants to be taken care of and treated from time to time. So I'd wager she's probably kind of a tough balancing act if you don't know her really well. Which, thankfully, Eric does.

2. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Calleigh hasn't been waiting for him, she said she FEELS like she has. Now it's time that she goes chasing Eric. The man deserves it. And, knowing him, she won't have to do it for to long. All she really have to do is show him the glimpse of her feelings.

3. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

Okay, seriously, lol at how fast some people switches gears. Please, if you were even somewhat sympathetic of Jake/JC just one page ago, screaming feminism from the rooftops now and pretending like you were singing this song the whole time is kind of hypocritical. Opinions are a-okay.

We all know Jake can be manipulative. I'm not sucking his dick because he brought Calleigh a bag of guns. I'm just saying it's the kind of thing that would explain why Calleigh fell for him in the first place. You don't necessarily have to be stupid to fall for manipulations, and not everyone has the luxury of having an unbiased third-person's point of view. It's different being in the relationship and being on the outside looking in. How many times have we seen our friends date dumbasses and not been able to really do anything about it? How many times have we seen them go back to those dumbasses a second time? Obviously, for us, the ideal case is Eric. He's perfect for Calleigh. Relationships don't work on ideals.

That said, I do see your point, and I admit I was probably manipulated by how Jake acted in the premiere, but I stand by what I said about wishing he'd been like this all along. It puts Calleigh in a position I can understand, whereas I've been scratching my head throughout all of seasons 5 and 6 wondering what the heck she's been on.

I think part of the complexity of relationships is that none of them are really the same. I don't think we can generalize and say that just because they're mature adults, they'll act like mature adults. Yeah, Calleigh's smarter than that, and like I said, it's too late for Jake, but I still think that the premiere shed some light on how their relationship played out the second time. He didn't act like a mature adult, so he lost Calleigh again.

I do agree that Calleigh needs to make the move though. We've been saying that since Eric started to really show his intentions.

And let's face it. The writers love this kind of stuff. It works. People watch. See Grey's Anatomy.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  4. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I still do feel sympathy for Jake. But at the same time I sympathize for Calleigh, for having to deal with Jake's shit in the first place. He wasn't there for her, Eric was. It's as easy as that. I don't think Jake was being manipulative in the premiere but if Jake had been like that from beginning I wouldn't have a problem with him. And I only do feel sympathy for Jake because it's too late for him and Calleigh, that's his fault though. His feelings did seem to run deeper for her than I thought though.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

I also think that Calleigh needs to make the move on Eric, otherwise I don't think anything is going happen. We all know how he feels about her and Calleigh knows how he feels about her because he's definitely let his feelings known but I'm just not sure that he'll actually ever ask her out or something like that.

But that may change things now that Jake is officially (hopefully) out of the picture. Eric has known since the episode Kill Switch in the 5th season that Calleigh and Jake had been talking, then we found out in the season 6 premiere that they were together. So maybe Eric was just being respectful by not making a move.

5. Marija_Magdalena

I think that changing your opinion when you hear arguments is also okay. :) That scene was very cute and it's very easy for people to like it, but it's also normal for them to change their opinion once someone (in this case midnight_tiptoes) points out something new or something that has been forgotten. I must admit that I really enjoyed that scene and I was touched by their performance, but I also agree with everything midnight_tiptoes had to say. And I also have to say that I will never be able to be objective, because I just can't stand Jake. And while I think that scene was extremely cute, I can't help it but think that, for the feelings on Cal's face, there was a wrong man in front of her.

I must agree with you about writers loving all of this. There's always going to be a handful of people who don't like all the questions about ships and EC relationship Emily and Adam are being asked in the interviews, but there's always going to be much more of those who are interested in those kind of stuff. As Emily said, there's nothing people like to watch more then two people falling in love. Cases can be interesting, but if they show only that, most of the people will get bored.

6. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I'm eager to see McSwimmy walking around the lab in a pair of Speedos and making some McSteamy with a certain blonde in the supply closet. Fun and games until Isaiah Washington joins the cast and calls someobody a fag.

7. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

That's exactly my point. ;)

McHomophobic was the best though.

I'm not worried about Jake, at all, but I feel like it'll be something that's not going to go away quietly and easily. I'm not saying Calleigh's one of those girls who hangs on to old relationships until the end of time or anything (which is annoying), but with Jake popping up again, it probably put her a step back. I don't think it's going to damage or somehow set back the progression of EC, but I actually kind of hope we get to see them talking about it, however briefly or in passing. It would be a nice scene to have Calleigh initiate the conversation, you know, wanting to confide in him.

I think Eric is in a position now where he can't really do much, because he's put himself out there and Calleigh's response was kind of neutral and confusing. He can't pine for her forever, so it'd be nice if she could provide some kind of indication that he's not waiting around for nothing, even if the time is not now.

8. midnight_tiptoes

The only thing I'm worried about is once E/C get together I'll lose interest. I tend to do that. But I came for the love and will stay for the nudity. There better be plenty of both.

9. JoannaRose897

All I have to say, is I think the writers giving closure to J/C was a big step for them.. because they kind of suck when it comes to continuation.

So maybe a conversation between Eric and Calleigh might be too much to ask for? We all know how the writers are. It would be a really nice scene to see though.

And though Eric can't and shouldn't pine over Calleigh forever something makes me think he would. I hope he wouldn't, but he's already spent this long waiting for her. Poor guy. I agree that she needs to hint or tell him that there is hope for them.

I think Calleigh just has a problem. We know work relationships don't phase her. She doesn't seem to mind breaking the whole 'no fratnazation between co-workers' rule. It's also a bit obvious that she has feelings for Eric. So why not just go for it? The two things I can see being an issue is how closely they work together (she only worked with Hagen and Jake on occasion) and their friendship. Maybe she doesn't want to risk their close friendship. The break-up with Jake probably is a set-back for Calleigh, but only a minor one.

10. midnight_tiptoes

I think Calleigh's problem is that she knows she'll be happy with Eric.

11. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

^^ God forbid that that could ever happen. </sarcasm>

Calleigh needs to just walk up to Eric and kiss him. Hard. No talking necessary. Then plenty of nudity can follow and I'll love the writers forever. *Sigh*

Wow, I haven't been in here for a while. How is everyone?

12. Marija_Magdalena

Hey, I'm glad you're back, we've missed you. We should throw you a party or something...:beer:

Yeah, Calleigh could be one of those people who are afraid to be happy, because that means somebody could hurt them (probably the one who is making them happy in the first place). But it's kind of stupid, because you can get hurt even if you're unhappy.:rolleyes: Okay, now I'm just gonna stop pointing out the obvious...

I think that writers are never going to address the whole JC thing again... I don't say it's the good thing, I just think that, based on their history when it comes to continuation, it's unlikely that they'll do that. We already know that we'll have some kind of moment in 7.03. We just have to wait and see if there's gonna be one in the next episode. My guess is that the EC relationship is just gonna continue developing exactly the same way that it has been in the sixth season and in one episode they're just going to get together or we're going to find out that they already are together.

I think that the writers are afraid about the same thing. They don't want to get them together, because then there won't be anything people could hope for. But they don't have to worry about that, because there's always going to be enough of us, dirty minded EC shippers, to hope for nudity. I have a question. How much of nudity could they really show us? I mean, is CSI Miami rated PG-13 in USA? And what's considered appropriate for a 13 year old? I'm asking that because "appropriate" varies from country to country...

13. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I completely agree with that. He needs to be thrown a bone. The only real indication of her feelings we've gotten so far is that one scene in My Nanny, and he didn't even get to see her facial expression when he said "maybe when I find the right girl". Poor guy, probably gets down in the dumps every now and then wondering if she'll ever return his feelings.

I'd hate to think this thing between them would drag on from season to season with no real fruition. As for people losing interest, yeah that's possible, but since the primary focus of this show is the crime solving, with the relationships the B, or even C plotline, I would think the writers wouldn't have to worry about losing viewers over people getting bored with it once they get together.

They should be more concerned about losing viewers over all the Ho drama.
    And this particular episode has yet more Horatio/Julia drama.
    Then again, if a lot of viewers are hanging around just for E/C, and would get bored when they got together, I guess they would have something to worry about.

14. Marija_Magdalena

Her feelings were obvious, to me, at the end of 'All In'. I just don't know if it was obvious to me because I am an EC shipper or was it obvious to everyone. The way she whispered 'okay' was great. I always wonder, when I watch TV shows, if those little moments are products of actors or directors... For example, the scene at the end of 'All In', did the director (I don't remember who the director was) say something like: "Okay, Adam, Emily, play this scene like you're head over heels in love with each other" of did Adam and Emily just spontaneously do that? Maybe it's a bit of both... What do you think?

15. JoannaRose897

I'm still not sure how I feel about the scene at the end of All In. Calleigh seemed sort of hesitant to respond to what Eric had said to her. Maybe 'hesitant' isn't exactly the right the word though, she might have just been surprised. Because here Eric was actually saying something for the first time. In Born to Kill he just let her know that he was jealous about her visitng Jake in the hospital and in other episodes he's just mentioned how he didn't like the whole situation with Jake. So inAll In, Eric voiced his feelings. If it were me in Calleigh's situation, I probably wouldn't have had much to say other than 'okay' either.

So I don't know if Calleigh was showing her feelings to Eric in that scene or if she simply just didn't know what in the world to do/say.

I agree with Jennifer, though. My Nanny was like the only episode where we've seen indication on Calleigh's feelings for Eric. It was all in her facial expression, when Eric had said what he said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.