Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csi681

csi681 Hit and Run

i already deleted my dvr recording and didnt watch it what exactly happened during it

2. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Darn ... last night, my significant other only started recording "Miami, We Have a Problem" AFTER the initial teaser and the 1st set of commercials. Could someone please elaborate on what this spliced commercial was, or better yet, put it on YouTube? [​IMG]

3. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Yes please, put in on Youtube! The rest of the world will be able to watch it then...:)

4. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I didn't record it and my memory is posibly spotty, but I think it was just a voice over a montage of CSIM characters, but when love and romance were mentioned, it was over clips of Eric and Calleigh. They were individual, but they were there. Anyone remember anything else?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  5. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

guy's i'm new here ,hope you all welcome me:p.... i'm big fan of eric and calleigh in csi miami...but i did see the commercial which you all saying...can anyone give me the link of the commercial please:confused::confused: .hope you all help out:)

6. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

LOL I totally squealed. :lol: What was it, "This Valentine's Day, embrace the love" voiced-over Eric and Calleigh? It probably doesn't mean anything at all, seeing as it's just a commercial, but damn, it was like confirmation from somebody else that they are in love and we're not crazy! :lol:

That's exactly what I got from that scene as well. I think Calleigh connected with the wife on some level in that way - she definitely had to be making the parallel there. What if, like the husband, Eric didn't come home to her? I think at some point that thought had to cross Calleigh's mind. I bet she went to him after that episode, whether that meant going back to her place to be with him, or going to his place (in the event that they're still doing this "we need to talk about this stuff that keeps happening" thing).

I got the impression that Calleigh, whether or not she got to go home to Eric, was really, really missing him in that scene. Missing him at work, missing the chance to see him during the day. I really think Calleigh is in deeper in this than she ever thought she would be...and I love it. :adore: It's been evident all season in the short amount of time we've seen them together - she's fallen pretty damn hard for him, aww. :D

7. electra

electra Pathologist

I have not watched the commercial and do not believe it mean anything but at least they are being recognized and "The couple" of the show.

I hope the writers decide to wrap this storyline like they did with Grissom and Sara on Las vegas.That way Eric can always come back.

8. Divot

Divot Victim

Jessica 237, You said that perfectly! And it was nice to see the nightscape of Miami with Nora Jones singing "Come Away With Me" - very very nice lyrics too. Sigh,

9. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

So well said, Jessica237!! [​IMG] I also noticed the pensive look on Calleigh's face during that heartbreaking final scene with the victim's wife. You could see the wheels turning in Calleigh's head, and you could tell that she was thinking of Eric. [​IMG] Emily Procter gave a wonderfully-nuanced performance in this scene - she really is the Queen of subtle emoting. [​IMG]
    -----------------
    ~ Delquesne
    My Fanfiction Page: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1963442/MightyMiaBoo
    My 1st CSIM fanfic (E/C-centered), is entitled "The Talk."

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  10. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Hey everyone! Vote on Eonline's TV Top couples tournament, Eric & Calleigh made the cut, so vote early & vote often http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b166812_tvs_top_couples_tournament_happy.html

lets show everyone what true love really is all about, Eric & Calleigh make Miami sizzle with their chemistry and now it is time that everyone take notice. Who cares what other people think, we know that these two belong together more than anyone else on the show. They deserve all of the happiness in the world.

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

All done Captain:) ...anything else:thumbsup:? How can they be at 0 % after I voted? It was a bit surprising that couples from tv - series past and gone were on the same list. IMO they could have split the list in past and present couples. As our couple still has the best to come and might provide an ending never seen before on TV. LoL. Not only some hot loving but .......You know what I am getting at:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

12. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

It seems like some fans (e.g., "House" and "Chuck") are using spamming or automated voting software to rig the poll. :shifty: If the techs @ E! Online are on the ball, they're going to catch this and cancel those votes.

But there's noting wrong with manually voting more than once ... all you have to do is reload the web page. :thumbsup: That's probably the only way we're going to get Eric & Calleigh above 0.0%. So please feel free to reload and click again to cast a repeat vote for our favorite couple!:)

13. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Hey, I'm a native Chicagoan. Voting early and often is the Chicago way! Consider it done.

14. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Hi all!

Just a heads-up that TV Guide's Megabuzz online gave a sneak peek into what's in store for Calleigh & Eric's relationship for the rest of Season 8:
    <<Any scoop on the Eric-Calleigh relationship on CSI: Miami? Please tell me the writers plan to give them a happy ending! — JC
    ADAM [BRYANT]: Would that I could, JC, but I'm leaning toward something a little more dramatic. Here's what we know: Delko will return when Calleigh faces a life-and-death situation at a crime scene. While he's around, he'll also launch an undercover investigation of the CSI lab for the State's Attorney's office. Rest assured, though, that Calleighko fans will get some closure. "They're going to face a defining moment of decision," co-executive producer Barry O'Brien tells us. "All the starts and stops in their relationship are going to be put to the test and they will finally make a decision that will inform their relationship for the remainder of the series.">>
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz-Lost-Glee-1015069.aspx

Looks like the CSIM writers are determined to keep us on the edge of our seats until the end of the season regarding their relationship. [​IMG] I sincerely hope that the "life-or-death" situation will be the event that FINALLY gets Calleigh & Eric to admit that they're in love with each other. [​IMG] Sometimes, a near-death experience can act as a catalyst to make people admit feelings that they've been hesitant to admit aloud. Please, please let this be what the writers have in store for our Hiphuggers! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  15. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I just read spoilers...it's actually in the news as well, so I will not wrap it in the spoiler coat.
    I was expecting them to get some kind of closure at the end of the season, for me it's not a spoiler as it doesn't say anything. They cannot drag this 'are they, aren't they' situation forever. And it's really hard to say what will happen. Sara/Grissom's and Lindsay/Danny's examples give me some hope, but CSIM was always more dramatic, with all the relationships broken down after a while. So I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a happy ending :(
    I'm hoping for the best, when does the last episode of the series screen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.