Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I don't think that meant that they hadn't seen each other since he was cleared. He's just been cleared as being well enough to come back to work. So when she said she hadn't gotten the chance to tell him how glad she was that he was okay and that he was back, it was in the context of work - she was glad he was medically okay to come back, and hadn't had the chance to tell him that day because they'd been busy with the case. She hadn't had a moment alone with him since he'd gone to the hospital for his final check-up. And to me, she only looked sorrowful when Eric was despondent over what was happening to Ethan.

I don't think a verbal response from him was necessary, especially after he told her "you always did read me so well". I think the look on his face when she asked him totally said "I think you know the answer to that question, silly woman". And he did follow up her statement about CSI not being the only game in town with "Like I said, you know me so well". Just the look on his face & in his eyes was enough, she could read that - of course they were still "you and I". To me, the lack of a response was completely okay given the message that she knows him so well, better than anyone else there, including Horatio.

CSI not being the only game in town simply mean that being a CSI isn't the only thing Eric can do (for a job) in Miami. There is so much more he can do as well. Like being a reef tour guide with his own boat (like in Speckles' story).

I think she cried because she was going to miss having him around at work. I mean, they met and really got to know each other there, and have worked side by side for more than 8 years, so yeah, I think she'd be sad enough to cry when he leaves the job. She won't have him around her during the work day anymore. I'd be sad too! She cried when Alexx left, doesn't it stand to reason that she'd cry when Eric left work? She still sees Alexx, and she'll still see Eric - but not having them around at work was sad for her.

2. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

OK I saw the facebook post from CBS and it stated the catch phrase of the episode, which was something along the lines of 'Eric and Calleigh's relationship reaches a turning point', and some of the comments on facebook were pretty negative. Quite a few people said that they can't believe E/C broke up after a such a short period of time.:confused::confused: I am so confused?!:confused:

Why can't the writers just make it clear for us already!!!

'turning point' could either mean they've broken up, but it could also mean something positive, like them getting married. that could be classed as a turning point of your life.

3. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Hi Jennifer!
    I totally agree with all your interpretation of that particular E & C conversation.
    I think Eric was kinda speechless when Calleigh asked that question because it caught him off guard. He thought that is was perfectly clear to Calleigh how he feels about her.
    When Calleigh said the "CSI is not the only game in town", she sort of let Eric know that she was okay with his decision to leave CSI, that she understands that he needs to find himself, reevaluate his life and explore other opportunities.
    They both have a mutual understanding that no matter what happens they both know that they are there for each other and that they will always love each other.
    During Adam's Pix interview he was asked how he would want the E & C to end and he said that this couple deserve their "happily ever after" and I think this is were it's heading.

4. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

I finally got to watch the whole episode & leave it to Eric & Calleigh to make me cry. We got a hug, a kiss & Eric's hand on her face & hair yey:thumbsup:

I'm still a bit confused about the status of their relationship but I guess the looks & smiles they gave each other are positive signs. Plus with Eric leaving CSI:( they are now free to be together. I just wish that Eric told her something like "We're gonna be ok" instead of giving her a meaningful look.

I was like what was that? with the "csi is not only game in the town" comment was she talking about them or the job? But Jennifer's take on it makes sense so I am more optimistic about it now:)

It was also nice to see Calleigh looking as smitten to Eric as he was to her during the last few seasons. They are trully so in love with each other:adore:

Overall I loved the episode & I'm still looking forward to what the future holds for them. A happy ending with marriage & babies I hope.

5. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Oh honey, you and me both. For a long time, up until Smoke Gets In Your CSIs (which airs next Monday!), Calleigh really hadn't given any outward indication that she had a thing for Eric, like he does for her... except for that one scene in the "My Nanny" episode where she had that look on her face when he mentioned finding "the right girl" before he had children. But since they've taken their relationship further, we've seen so much from Calleigh in relation to how much she loves Eric. There was the entire episode of Sink or Swim, especially the "I would've married you" thing and the kiss, the "diversion" comment in the bachelor reality episode, the morning scene from Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing, the various smiles she's given him (like the one in Target Specific when she was at the house, talking to him on the cell phone), the worry and crying in Seeing Red, the crying and worry in Out of Time *sniff, sniff*, and of course last night's ep... I could go on and on. Just suffice it to say, its been really nice that the writers have let Calleigh express that love she has for Eric now... even if neither of them have said those three little words... at least, not on the show (but that lives on in fanfic world)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  6. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Hello Jennifer!:)

I totally love all those scenes I remember smiling a lot during that call in target specific, that was so cute.. We know Calleigh to be tough as nails who rarely show her emotions but with Eric she does that a lot. She lets her guard down. I just hope that the next time she cries would be when he finally asks her to marry him;)

hey AJ!
    you are missed:)

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:guffaw::guffaw:so glad to see someone noiced I was back at lurking....Thanks Rhee.

Well I decided to return to lurcking for the very same reason Monica mentioned.....In my book thery are broken -up and Callcharacter is free to use in other lovestory lines...

My base of argument:
    In olden days game = girl and in Calls conclusion. CSI (=Call) is not the only game = girl in town.

And we allready knew an open book ending was comming. Adams words. But this?????
    I can´t tell you how mad I am. (Without ranting to much). But for Call - emotionally closed up CAll - to appeal to her boyfriend/love ---what about us?-----and for writers to have her leap to other game. Even with the interpretation of another job. We are "talking" of a character with an alcoholic childhood, boyfriend killing himself and Jake putting work before her. SHE IS APEALLING to her boyfriend whom she loves. GREAT acting by Em btw. And then writers have character leap to ????????.
    I take it she heals fast and can be replace in new romance next year:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And Erics treatment by writers....the guy said back in the day: I would choose love over work and work night sift. AND - I can´t imagine living my life without you. AND he knows about her past with her dad and with Jake.......HE CHOOSES not to reponse.....PLease ....how far will writers go to keep all options in play and how much will they destroy characters?

So in my book they(showrunners) are free to do anything....Even have Eric finding new girlfriend off screen and have Call mention that ..:scream::scream::scream:..

HI D&D Just saw you come in.....Sorry this is not my day of optismism

8. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I agree with everybody that Eric & Cal are still together. When I first posted in this thread right after watching the episode for the first time, I wasn't sure about the sequence of events in the locker room. Did he hug/kiss her before she asked about "you & I", or after? The fact that he answered "...you know me too well", and then took her in his arms right after totally proves that he still vey much wants to be with her. I mean, how cruel would it be if he responded like that and then left her? You just don't do that to someone who you know loves you!
    And this entire boyfriend/girlfriend/ring scenario has to be foreshadowing (crossing my fingers) for things to come. The writers could've easily done the plot with mother/child, brother/sister...etc. duos. Not only did they have Eric see the ring and have a conversation about the proposal, they even made him go to the morgue and slip the ring on the girlfriend's finger to sort of reunite the lovers (how sad & morbid)! You could totally see Eric's struggle and pain through the entire ordeal!
    I heard somewhere that Adam will be back shooting CSIM sometime at beginning of November. Does anybody know when that epi will eventually air? I'd really like to have some comfirmation about our hiphuggers' relationship status!

Hey Aj, what's up? You have been absent form Hiphuggerland for a while! Hiphuggerclan needs you ;)!

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi D&D

As you can tell from post ....I need to vent for a while....Did actually watch epi on Tube day after the Americans ...but was soooo ( see the above) Now a day later I am still :cardie: :guffaw:. But being a faithfull hiphugger I will return to joyfull and nice AJ soon. I NEED SPOILERS for upcomming hiphuggercomments by Call and upcomming Eric episode (Date of shooting 3/11 I think)

Please ---anyone---give me something to raise my hopes again....to my fellow clanmembers I promise not to continue on this negative path the remaining season but IF writers mess up more.....I will be so disappointed.
    I will accept this open end theme....but ladies I will not back down from my stated facts....In my book we had matured from "are they or are they not". So this was soooo disappointing.
    I agree we did get more then -a world apart". But we didn´t get the words. Why did he just say?

Call: what about you and I ?
    Eric: Call I am not leaving Miami.

Or

Call: What about you and I?
    Eric: -non answers - lends forward and kisses her.

I will give you. It would be fantastic IF episode couple could mirror our storyline. But for that to happen the realistic one in me says: Let ratings tell the showrunners that they are on the wrong path as to leaving this storyline hangíng.
    And then we will have Eric returning with "The ring" which would prove this show to have a mature and healthy attitude to love even amoughst co-workers. For crying out loud...does anyone in staff pay attention to their own storylines?
    Have either Eric or Call committed in other loveline off or on screen..:scream::vulcan: I will :scream::vulcan:

OH even worse ....Have Eric return and Call wishing him good luck with his new life/game or Call recommitting to someone this season. And - no - I wasn´t thinking Jesse...:guffaw::guffaw:Eventhough ladies his name starts with a J like Jake - Oh you cleaver and funny writers:rolleyes:- or it´s that too much even for CSI Miami writers?:vulcan:

But should I just pause and annonce: I ain´t watching the show untill Eric returns. I will stay in here and you will have to let me know what epi´s have Eric or Call/Eric comments.:)

10. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

I dont think I'll be able to watch Calleigh have a romance with anyone else. Eric is her dude! I'lll leave CSI if they do not have a happy ever after. :(

11. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

"If you lose faith in humanity that is terrible. But if you lose faith in happy endings that is worse"

Aj, isn't this part of your signature? :)

Don't waste your time waiting for spoilers! You know very well how misleading they could be!:rolleyes: Just listen to us, and keep the faith! You can do it!
    Remember the power of thought? WE WILL HAVE OUR HAPPY ENDING :)

12. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

see, THAT would've been perfect! we get our kiss and they are together...what a perfect ending to a episode!

That mini but loud peck reminds me of the little kiss Jake gave Calleigh in 7.01, and thats when Cal rejected him.

I keep having debates with myself, one minute I will be all happy cos I read the phrase 'CSI is not the only game in town' as 'CSI is not the only reason for Eric to stay in Miami'. But the next min I will be all sad from reading all the 'they've broken up' comments....argh!!! When is Eric's next appearence?? lets hope the writer clears this up for us.

OH no!! lets not give the writers ideas about putting Jesse and Cal together! I love Jesse up to this point, but if he starts to get all flirty with Cal I think I might have to start to dislike him.

I think IF they've broken up (which i really hope not) then the writers will, IMO, invent something that will cause Eric to think 'life is too short, I have to propose to Cal'...THEN they will get back together.

13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Little things make me smile...like a tweet from Adam, but I digress

Ok here is my mini-rant.

I don't think that they are broken up completely, I think that they are taking a break. Eric needs to re-evaluate his life. He knows what he wants in life, a wife & kids and him risking his life day in and day out is something the he does not want to do. I mean after two brain surgeries....wouldn't you want to re-evaluate your life too.

Calleigh's line about CSI not being the only game in town means to me that Eric does have other options. He is leaving the job, he is not leaving her. Yes, if someone I worked with closely left after so many years I would be teary eyed too but she will see him...just not at work. :(

I believe that their love will get them through this bump. I don't think that the writers would foolishly put Calleigh with someone else as a rebound, she is not that type of girl. She is very much in love with Eric as evident by their interactions with each other.

You can tell that the seperation took its toll on both of them...now is the time for them to re-establish their relationship.

Don't give up hope until the very end. I do think that there is a forshadowing of events to come because I still say that Eric was eyeing that engagement ring suspiciously. The wheels were turning when he was talking to Ethan about proposing.

And besides, Adam says he wants Calleigh & Eric to have their happily ever after :D

Ok rant over...LOL

14. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Besides the obvious reason that it would be completely out of character for Calleigh to hook up with a colleague on the rebound, I seriously doubt that the writers will pair her up with Jesse. Here's why:
    The show's trying very hard to get Jesse accepted and liked by as many groups as possible.
    Q: Who's completely opposed to Adam leaving the show, and Eric being replaced with another character?
    A: Adam's fans and us, hiphuggers.
    This is a very large fanbase, and the show needs our approval of the character that's replacing Eric.
    If you noticed, so far, Jesse's the only one who's asking Cal indirect questions about E/C, and trying to cheer her up. It used to be Ryan who did that. IMO, the writers are doing this to show that Jesse is a hiphugger, one of us. This way, we won't reject him since he's on "our" side. Pairing him up with Cal will only result in antagonizing us against the character.
    Does this make sense? It does in my head, but I don't know if I explained myself properly :lol:

Patience everybody! WE WILL GET OUR HAPPY ENDING! I can just feel it :guffaw:

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I am thinking very hard and concentrating on happy thoughs

As for the sig....That is true. I did loose faith in a happy ending on Tuesday. But now I am back as normal hiphuggerfan.....AND I don´t have to dedicate any mondays to show unless you fans tell there is some hiphugingthingy there.....See.. that is looking on the bright side of life.;) and I would never let you fight this one alone.

Do we know what Em has said or push for?

I like this:
    You can tell that the seperation took its toll on both of them...now is the time for them to re-establish their relationship.

Mayby writting another letter?

Rhee how are we doing on the "strip"? And vid master any news?

I have two more questions.

1. What keept CSI from killing Sara and bring her back in this season?
    2. And what do you think it will take to get a Sara and Griss. ending ? I am not sure I will like an offscreen wedding but at least they will be married.

The latest episode of CSI: Miami, “Bad Seed”, earned the top spot on Monday, October 19. It pulled in 12.65 million viewers and a 3.8 rating/10 share in the important 18-49 demographic. ABC’s Castle came in second with 9.88 million viewers and a 2.4/6 among adults 18-49. The Jay Leno Show was third, giving NBC 4.74 million viewers and 1.4/4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.