Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Hey hey, I'm not saying she's miserable in comparison, but I think we all know that her cheerfulness has dwindled and even though it's coming back, she hasn't quite reached that "seasons 1-2 perkiness".

I completely agree that she's coming back out of her shell, that she has more of a reason to smile these days. Who in their right mind could KEEP from smiling if they were dating Eric/Adam??

I'm saying that this obviously DOES mean a lot to her, more than Hagen, more than Jake, and if she loses this, well, in terms of devastation, it may be on the same level as losing Speed.

Ah yes, this new Calleigh apparently makes some people feel like barfing. :rolleyes: Personally, I like to see her smile more, that's all. It matters more to me that she's smiling rather than whether or not she's wearing fancy clothes or developing a taste for expensive truffles. She is human and her tastes do change. If she's made mistakes, had moments of bad judgment, or ditched her halter tops for black suits, fine, but she needs to keep smiling.

Precisely. Weird, huh? That the guy would do all the moping and pining and lip-quivering instead of the chick!

2. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

*Runs in to say "Hey" and comment on Monday's episode*

Hi again, guys. Wow, it's getting close to the end of another thread. I can't believe how fast we've been going through these. It just goes to show you that we have a big group of dedicated hiphuggers. *Grins*

Okay, maybe I really, really felt sorry for that poor woman. I thought that Calleigh was going to cry at the end. Whew, I don't know, I might have wanted that doctor dead, too.:scream:

I'm glad that we're only getting work related interaction right now. It will help show Stetler that they can work together and their relationship doesn't affect the quality of the work Eric and Calleigh do as CSIs.

We all know that we're going to hit a bump in the road of coupledom, but I don't think that it will do anything as drastic as break Eric and Calleigh up. They're adults, they might disagree, but I think that they've been friends long enough that they will be able to talk to each other about anything.;)

Let's not look for trouble that isn't there...:shifty:

Or as my Mother says, "Be careful what you wish for...":shifty:

Okay, I'm jumping off my soap box for now...

3. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

Hmm, I really don't think the writers will split them up for that purpose. Shipper feelings aside, I think its a stupid reason. I mean, really... How many people have quit watching the show all because of Eric and Calleigh? And they're not the first ship within a CSI team to go canon, I really don't see the big deal.
    As for the future ECness... I hope the writers will continue on doing what they're doing. I think they are blending the shippy-ness well into the episodes... A little here, a little there. Although, if they are going to base their screen time together on viewer compliments... LOVESCENELOVESCENELOVESCENELOVESCENE...*coughs*...

However...
    As Adam said might happen
    if they do break up, which the angst-addict in me wants just a little, I trust that the writers will A) Be doing it because it fits the storyline and the characters, not because a few Bitter Betty's can't ignore the 30 seconds of EC in an episode and B) Do it right. ..I do have faith in the writers and if they are broken up I'm sure it will be for a plausible reason ('cause its been 7 years!). I can't see them breaking up for just anything, so I'd hope the writers would make it good.

Good question :)... Well Calleigh has been surprising me lately.. Maybe we'd see more of a change in her?

I agree that they would both be professional, but there's bound to be slip ups. Either of the two could be acting too professional towards the other and then some good ol' confrontation.. Because they've been atleast friends for how long and it would be weird, especially working on scenes. I would imagine it to be hard for them to lose some of that team chemistry they have if their relationship went sour for a while. I can see Ryan asking why they are both so gloomy.. then some death stares from the two.. awkward.

Yeah, I can definitely see it being awkward for a while atleast.

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I think (for me anyways) the inconsistency(?) is the problem. I don´t think a break- up could fix anything.

1. They would be ending up together anyways.(As we debated before starting this storyline have had quite a few consequences both postive and negative so they(writers) did make this relationship "more" then their privious attempts at relationships aka Eden and Horatio and Yelina)

2. Any break -up drama would flood the show (say a whole season of "will they or will they not in this season?)and again for some time put E/C in front. And for what? What storyline would benefit? Who would watch a season of Calleigh being jelaous of Eric and Eric hinting: I don´t want to see you hurt" ? The haters would hate that:lol:. Because writers would only put it in to hint of feelings still between characters.

3. And getting them back to just being friends. Hmmm. Did we not go there with Nat and Eric? .....It would not be long before someone would comment on Erics relationships with all female characters on the show. Would even Ericfans who disliked Calleigh not hate that characterdevelopement?

But because we haven´t any feeling of direction or commitment by writers -"anything goes".

Right now nobody not even writers (IMO; just based on what you gals tell me) quite know where they want to go and how to show it in show. Some episodes you get bare skin next episode you get a chairpush. Why:confused:

If we as the whole fanbase got the feeling of thoose two being showcouple and the other characters got some privatetimescene I think it would be different.

As you gals say:" why don´t we get a lovescene?" Let there every 3 episodes or so be some loving(just a kiss not:devil:). For the rest of the episodes let the remaining 4 -6 others characters on the show to have some drama, some love, some familytime.

This rollarcoster use of storyline makes even hiphuggers in doubt wether or not we are heading for a break-up. But as I "said" above.....
    Would this not annoy more then please even for a disliker?

I wonder whether or not to put this part of our debate in spoilerlab so we could get others to comment on the overall development of show but are fans to focused on E/C and hope a break - up would fix everything?

5. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

Well I think putting EC together was totally their idea, they saw the chemistry that these 2 had but I do think that all the fans wanting them together did speed up the process and made them wanna do it. As for the writers splitting them up, I think personally that it would be a waste of time, I mean they've just gotten together but if they start loosing viewers over the relationship then they probably would break them up, I mean its all about the viewers but I dont think that they would take any notice of the complaints as much b/c every show has complaints, you cant please everybody.

I think they would act professional but I can see there being a little awkwardness sometimes.

I think it would affect Eric a little more than Calleigh, I mean hes the one that wanted to spend the rest of his life with her and we havent really heard what Calleigh wants or what she thinks, we've only seen Erics feelings sure we've seen a little in 716 but nothing like we've seen of Erics plus, Calleigh tends to hide her feelings a little better than he does even though I have a feeling she isnt gonna be very happy, I mean ive never seen her this happy before, she smiles and laughs more now and I would hate for that to stop. If they do break up, I could see them getting together in the end anyway, Im sorry...but they loved each other :adore: :lol:

6. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Good questions!:thumbsup:

I don't think writers will split them up just to make non-fans happy. They might break them up, but I think it will happen to create some drama and to fit the storyline. Of course, I would love to see a happy, lasting relationship on TV just for once and I hope that one relationship will be EC.

IMO, if they break up, that will live them both devastated... Calleigh just started to get out of her shell and we've all seen what happens to Eric when he suffers.

Everyone wanted a cheerful Calleigh back and now that she is heading that way, non-EC fans think she's week because a man is partly a reason for that happiness. That's just silly, IMO. They are finally happy, let them be. People complain about the lack of screen time for other characters and I agree. Others should get more screen time. Personally, I'd hate to see episode without Eric and Calleigh, but I'd go with it if it would make other fans happy. For example there could be one (one not more) episodes where is mentioned that Calleigh and Eric are on vacation (maybe that could come up in a conversation between Ryan and Natalia) and Nat and Ryan could do the whole case with lab rats... Or the thing with them always being pared up and not having the team spirit anymore... It has nothing to do with EC. That started somewhere in season 3 when Cal was always paired up with Ryan and Eric with Horatio. I don't see anyone mentioning that as a problem. I agree that everybody is entitled to their own opinion but some people (not all) just keep repeating the same reason why they hate EC and it's getting boring. Okay, I vented... Sorry for that, I just had to let it out.

I'm glad you people started sending your feedbacks to CBS. Let's remind them that there are a lot of people who are happy with this storyline and the saxyness of the couple.

7. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

I'm trying not to think of them breaking up any time soon. Even though Adam thinks they might down the line, I like the fact that Emily is staying positive and thinks that we will be getting more action.

8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Great questions JoannaRose!

I would really hope that they would not split them up just to please the non-fans. Because IMO, I really think that they would be pissed off to see Eric & Calleigh moping around being depressed becauese of their breakup. Do I think that the fans have an effect on the writers, I do, but they also have to write what goes with the storyline. Eric & Calleigh have been building up to this relationship for 7 years, what is the sense of killing it after only a quarter of a season.

They will never break up! :lol: Ok so I am sure I am dreaming here, but if they were to ever break up I would cry for them. Ok, I'm done now.
    But to answer the question, it would be very awkward for not only them but for the rest of the team. I know that it would affect Eric greatly, he is head over heels in love with Calleigh. I would like to see her greatly affected by it as well. She is so reserved that I think if they were to ever break up it would shake her core. They would be professional, but I can see Eric going over the edge if someone starts flirting with Calleigh. I know that they wouldn't bring their problems to work so I would hope that they wouldn't do something like that.

I think that the team would know that they are not together anymore (I am sure they would be surprised if they ever broke up), I would like to see the team make them get back together. I can see Ryan telling Eric and/or Calleigh that they are not acting like themselves.

9. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I suppose writers are interested in what people think about the show and what they want, so probably it may have some effect on what they write. Though I don't think people's opinions are the most important thing for them, I guess they just try to connect what they want for this show with what we the viewers want.
    You know they have to reckon with our opinions, cause we watch this and they do it for us, so it's natural they try to please us.
    I don't think they will split them only to please those who don't like E/C. No matter what they write there always will be people who won't like it. So it's impossible to satisfy everyone. But maybe the whole complain help to bring the team together. People are complaining, because the team is not as they used to be, so if they fix it there's a chance there won't be so many unsatisfied.;)
    In my opinion if they will split them up beacause of those who don't like it, that definitely would be the stupidest thing ever. They built this relationship so long and carefully it would be complete misunderstending to waste it now after few episodes. It wouldn't make any sense.:)

I think it would be awkward. They are in love and happy, so if they break up they definitely will be hurt. I guess they'll try to stay proffesional at least at work, but I think it would be hard for both of them.
    I think it would affect both, I mean maybe Eric is more open and emotional, but I guess she's really involved with him so she'd be affected as well as him. The thing is she can hide her feelings better then him, so probably she would try to show everyone that she's ok even if it's not true.
    But I hope it won't happen and they will be ok, even if there will be some problems on their way, they survie everythin, because they love each other and want to spent the rest of their lives together.:)

10. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I don't think they are looking to make the non-fans happy. I think that even they wanted this to happen for many years but like all relationships, they have to throw a twist in it to keep it interesting. Who cares about the non-fans?? (sorry, but true) I don't think they watch the show because of Eric and Calleigh if they are non-fans anyway. :) They want a different couple to happen with either but it doesn't work. I don't mind seeing and Ryan and Tara or Natalia happening in the future, but for now, since this is new, they are hyping Eric and Calleigh's because they are a hot couple, and like I said, this has been brewing for years. They keep it interesting and I know personally when I watched the show since season 1, I've been looking for little hints between the two that revealed their true feelings. When it started to be very apparent in season 5, I looked forward to seeing the show, just to see if something would happen between them, even if it was a little touch or a look.

I do believe the compliments and complaints have an effect because they wouldn't have finally given us the relationship if the viewers thoughts didn't matter. Honestly, the Eric and Calleigh couple has brought some spice to CSI:M. If you take a look at the interviews, even though they cover the plot, which is always a good one, they always squeeze in the questions about Eric and Calleigh's status and what we should expect for the future.

At first, it will be awkward and intense because the cut will be fresh, but if they have to work together, they will eventually be respectful of the other remain professional. Eric will probably show more hurt on the outside than Calleigh. I think that once they've crossed that bridge of being committed to each other, if that happens, they will miss each other and make little comments here and there with a little gaze or a half-smile, while being alone. Eventually they should work it out (please) and get back together. I know, my stomach turns from Adam's comment about them splitting up and just remaining friends, but I'd rather that than they become enemies. Before anything Calleigh and Eric were friends, and I think it would be important to them not to lose that, if all else is lost.

I guess we should start thinking of new thread names...any ideas?

Mine: Eric and Calleigh #36 We're In This Together Now

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  11. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Personally, I would love the tension between them if they were to break up at some point in the future. There was tension between them before they got together because the feelings they have for each other are just so damn strong. He's been in love with her for at least two years, maybe longer, and that's not something that's going to dissipate immediately with a breakup. And Calleigh's not going to bounce back either; in breaking up with him, she would lose not only her boyfriend, but her best friend too, so imagine the tension there would have to be between them at work. It's not like they can always switch cases with Ryan or Natalia in order to avoid each other, heh. ;)

As much as I'd hate for them to break up, that above is something I'd love to see, if the writers presented it right, of course. And by right, I mean with tension you can cut with a knife, and with more than just a sneaking suspicion that they are still in love with each other and that they will end up back together - I think that's inevitable, really. But in the meantime, I still love angst. :D

Personally, I feel it'd be ridiculous to split them up. You don't just throw a storyline you've developed for 2+ years out the window...well, Miami does, so maybe that negates my entire argument. :lol: Still, though, this isn't a supporting character thing like the Madison thing or the Yelina thing or the Jake thing; this is two main characters, and to spend so much time developing their relationship only to pretend it's nothing would be a really dumb move on the writers' part.

12. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I'm not a big fan of angst, but I'm okay with some if there's a happy ending. I don't think the writers have to break them up to create some angst. I would like to see one of them being really upset with a case and how the other would act now that they are together. I'm sure we all remember the sweetness in 'Death Grip'. Imagine what it would be like now that they are together. Of course, that's angst for one character and I must say I prefer that. This relationship really grew on me and I don't want it to end. I think I'd be devastated as much as Eric and Calleigh if that happened. Oh, and I can't wait to see the bumps on the road our favorite couple will have to go through. IMO, we'll get to see those in the next season, not sooner. Maybe there's gonna be some interaction with Stetler in the season finale, but I doubt something big is gonna happen before the next season.

I think EC relationship is really strong and that it would be really unrealistic to break those up for something stupid... well, to break them up at all.

13. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I wouldn't be worried about EC breaking up if it wasn't for Miami's infamous lack in continuation and dropping storylines almost as soon as they start. But I'm not sure that they will do that with this..it took two years for them to build this storyline up. It would have been a complete waste of time to just break them up this soon whether or not the intention to get them back together is there. Eric and Calleigh are still in the early stages of their relationship, they deserve to be happy and drama free for at least a little while.

I mean like the remainder of the season when I say they should be drama free for a while. They should tackle all the being outed and break up stuff in season 8 when the relationship isn't so new. I'm not a huge fan of angst either, but it seems inevitable for Eric and Calliegh that there will be angsty moments if their relationship starts to go downhill.

14. electra

electra Pathologist

I would HATE if they split up.Personally ,I want to see them like Monica and Chandler in Friends in the sense that they learned together how to be in a relationship.Eric and Calleigh have changed a lot(and for good) but it will be interesting to see them evolve even further.

And I honestly think that sometimes disliking something so much and the end helps promoting a ship.Even I that like them , generally don't dedicate so much attention to details like the ones that don't.

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Spending two years to build something up only to break it down or up in about 9 eps would be a waste and would be totally retarded. That, IMO would be the kiss of death for any writer and story....to take the time and effort they did to obviously drop hints and work torwards them getting together isn't done if you expect it to be a "wam bam thank you mam" type of storyline.

Now, that is not to say that they won't break up at some point...it is a drama afterall and ALL dramas, I don't care what show it is, almost always eventually break up their main cast characters in order to create MORE drama...which imo is stupid b/c fans tastes have changed and more often than not most want the characters they have grown to love and respect have a happy ending. I am not talking storybook but at least one that doesn't contain or fall into the usual tv show relationship cliche's....it would be a nice switch for this show considering every ep isn't 100% focused on the lives of their characters. We have already seen over the last few eps that they can work together and act professional around each other. We have also seen that the writers don't feel the need or just a need to show us the romantic side of them for the sole purpose of letting us know that they are still together. Which is something I am happy with as long as what they do show us is sexy and pertanent.

What most fans don't see is/are the correlations to what they do show us and how it compares and relates to whatelse is going on in an ep. They only see their scenes as stand alone and therefore b/c they do that, they see them as being out of place. I guess maybe b/c I studied tv shows, movies and writing in college, I understand this stuff and see it a little differently than most.

I see that and totally agree with it....publicity is publicity...either way the writers and producers are getting people to talk about the show and what is going on in it. Hell, there are probably people who the hate ship tuning in just to see them, simply for the fact that they hate it. Curiosity is part of human nature and curiosity is what almost always wins out with any viewer even if they aren't always a fan of what they are viewing. How many times have you tuned into a show you either don't watch on a regular basis or don't like simply b/c something in a promo or interivew has your interest or curiosity piqued? I know I have done it. Heck, 20+ million viewers did it for Grissom's departure earlier this season.

People will tune in to shows they don't normally watch when/because:
    1) main cast characters leave
    2) a main cast charcter dies
    3) a main cast character's life is in peril
    4) main cast characters possibly getting married or breaking up
    5) when a long running show is going off the air

*not necessarily in that particular order

.....and the reason people tune into these not-so-normally-watched shows b/c the promos have thier interest piqued and their natural curiosity just begs for them tune in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.