Episode 9x22 - 'Mayday' - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, May 7, 2011.

1. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I just have to say, and I'm not trying to be mean towards Calleigh or Calleigh fans, but I think the only reason there's been so much Natalia this season is because Emily was pregnant. Otherwise I definitely believe half of what happened to Natalia this season would've happened to Calleigh, like usual. Since they couldn't use Calleigh that much this season they went to the only other female lead. That's my opinion, but it makes a lot of sense. Too bad they can't use the male characters more when it comes to being in danger. I guess Eric and Horatio are too cool to ever be in danger, aside from this finale with Horatio. And who knows how that'll actually end up in the season 10 premiere. They could turn it into a simple little graze or something. As for Ryan, he has been in danger before but he gets so little in terms of story line that it hardly ever happens. :rolleyes:

I can understand why people are feeling like there's been too much Natalia since that's exactly what happened with Calleigh. Everyone got annoyed because she was always in some kind of danger. I just think they used Natalia this season because Calleigh was unavailable. I don't really expect Natalia's screen time to stay the way it is in season 10, because Emily will be back full time. :/

2. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Eric was shot in the head twice. That's not considered danger?

3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

That's true, but in his whole nine seasons of being in this show, it's only happened majorly twice, unless there's other things I can't remember. Of course everyone has been in danger before, but not where we had to really worry about them. I think Natalia was in danger way more than two times just THIS season and I can't even count with Calleigh.

4. fanilowchick

Calleigh was kidnapped then got smoke inhalation two seasons in a row. Eric was shot in the head twice. Natalia was in the meth lab explosion then got drugged and kidnapped this season not counting the trunk. Ryan was nail-gunned then beat by the Russian Mafia. H has never had naything happen to him so it's about time.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Mine either,and my TV is only a few months old.

Agreed, more likely a lot more than half.

And run off the road and ended up underwater as well.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  6. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

That makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

7. fanilowchick

I hope that's not the case. Eva is a great actress that deserves more than being a background character and I think she's proven this season that she is capable of holding her own next to the boys.

8. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

OMG, I know I'm late but here goes:

~Now we know that Horatio is NOT invincible...but I'm still sad for him. I loved how Natalia was frightened for him, it's nice to see it the other way around, you know? It's out of the ordinary.

~Calleigh, Calleigh, Calleigh... I've missed her so much, I could just jump through the screen and hug her

~speaking of hug, when that girl hugged Eric it was cute (kinda wished it was Cal;))

~At first it was kinda slow but it picked up and had me screaming 'NOOOOO!' because of the cliffhanger.

I can't wait, I can feel the fanfiction storming in me, but i have to wait til after exams :(

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Mine is a brand new 42" HD and she looked beautiful. No orange look to me. She looked her normal warm, golden brown.

Possibly true. Hopefully Natalia is not kicked back into the background next season. She has MORE than proved her worth.

It truly is a shame that the only story the writers of this show can come up with for female characters consists of a significant amount of damsel in distress scenarios.

That said, Eva did an excellent job this season and pulled it all off with a lot of talent and a lot of class. It was very refreshing and it is my sincere hope that Natalia continues to be a real presence. She's proved it's where she belongs.

10. elliecatt

elliecatt Dead on Arrival

I hope Ryan is the one to rescue Nat...;)

11. elliecatt

elliecatt Dead on Arrival

I agree with you totally. I think they should dedicate the whole episode to H's team rallying around him and waiting to see whether he will be allright, not just sandwich him inbetween finding Randy and Toller and have him all better by the end of the epi.
    I hope they pick it up right where they left it with the team getting H to the hospital and the big emergency room drama! and Alexx should SOOOO be there.
    H has always been so strong and so supportive of all of his. he's always so together and full of that distant dignity. it will be an awesome exploration of the character for him to show weakness, pain and vulnerability for a little while. the most vulnerable I have ever seen him was when he broke down at Erics bedside after they fished him out of the glades a few seasons ago.

12. Titaneers

Titaneers Victim

anyways...in other news.. there is still an escape convict that has some prints :D

13. fanilowchick

OMG I know!!! He looked like the weight of the world was on his shoulders. David was incredible in that scene. I'm not ashamed to say it made me cry!

14. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I don't know what to tell y'all. On both my TVs, the HD flatscreen in the kitchen, and the non-HD non-flatscreen (but not too old either- maybe about 5 years or so) one upstairs, she looks orange. She also looks orange on my laptop (which has the essential superior display I need for graphic design work), even after I calibrate it. Every time I see her, I want to go "Oh honey, don't walk, RUN away from the tanning salon!". :lol: Someone would tell Eva if she was orange in real life, so I doubt she is. But she always seems orange on my screens.

15. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

The finale? Thoughts? Great villain, but unnerving that it's always a female victim that people seem to like to see being killed. The adolescent girl? She seemed rather blase at times about being at sexual assault's and/or death's door. I got the impression that she was one step from telling the guy "oh, WHATEVER....". It was difficult for me to believe in her innocence (if she was supposed to be a representation of an un jaded youth,) or real fear- that seemed forced from the actress as her scenes moved along.

After giving it some thought, I did like seeing H making that final last effort after being shot (that's Horatio to the core...kudos to DC for that!). Natalia being trapped? I was worried about her, but all in all this was not a great cliffhanger for me. I think Renee spoiled it for me. She and Horatio just don't have any chemistry- I found her to have as much "chemistry or charisma" as a turnip and her look, she made me think of someone who was in desperate need for medicine to relieve constipation. I could only think of Yelina, who can emit chemistry with a gush of air causing her curly, rich hair to move sensually.

TPTB should bring her back; she would be the one that could heal Horatio's deep wounds and those two just have chemistry without words. Renee just sounds like an angry woman. I wish I could have been more excited about this ending but I wasn't and I also felt that the near drowning as well as the counterfeit money had been plots that were used before....so they tended to bore rather than excite.

Not writing in the pregnancy really hurt the show I think; Emily's been missing so long that the show seems out of balance when she appears- I now think that when CSI NY chose to include Anna's pregnancy and write with it, the team held its glue as a team and has improved.

Last but not least... yep don't like this Renee person- I hope she fades in a hurry... (wishing to see Yelina again....)