Episode 8x14 - "In the Wind" - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Jan 29, 2010.

1. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Not a bad episode. Always great to see Adam again, its like he never left.

Haha, I loved when Walter and Ryan were at a distance from Natalia talking about her hearing and she said I can hear you (she's wearing a hearing aid). Ryan called her a bionic woman! LOL!

Kyle!!! I've missed him, he's in the army now. That took me by surprise since there was no talk about it in previous episodes.

As for the case itself, interesting twists to the case. Kept you guessing who really killed that woman.

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just watched this one so I thought I'd give my initial thoughts.

-The title was pretty clever for what happened in the episode.

-Natalia is wearing a hearing aid (it's not the traditional one; looks like an ipod earbud) and was cleared for work. It's too bad she didn't appear for roughly 20 minutes. :/

-Jesse and Eric going head-to-head was interesting to see and I'm glad they managed to shake hands at the end.

-Ryan's looking much better this week. :D He looks so much healthier.

-There was actually quite a nice balance between the case and Horatio's personal connection with it.

-It DOES get dark in Miami! Woohoo!

-Totally loved the witness. :lol: She was awesome.

-The Eric/Calleigh stuff didn't take over the episode for me, which was great. I can't say I'm their biggest fan but I'm also not completely hating their dynamic either. I just wish there was some sort of wrap-up before Adam totally leaves the show. That is, unless he just freaking comes back. :rolleyes:

Overall, the case was okay. My family and I were trying to figure everything out so it was fun in that respect. Thing is with the trees...would they have even been anywhere near the same height 15 years ago? Why was that never addressed? Maybe it wasn't an issue, I don't know. Either way, I was glad to see the team get out there and do one of those famous CSI experiments. :)

3. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emily Proctor is one LUCKY lady!! I'm sweating right now! So, happy we finally got a steamy E/C scene (even if it was short) !:drool::drool: The ending E/C scene was funny. The conversation about how they woudn't hook up anymore. That smile between them! Funny! Come on seriously, if you had a guy as sexy as Adam Rodriguez, would you be able to resist? I think not! :)
    Why does Adam have to go! Happy dreams for me tonight! ;) And "Farmer Ted" was in it!!! Love Anthony Michael Hall!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  4. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

Anyone notice they were all wearing shades of red??

From Eric in pink, Ryan in Salmon, Natalia in a red shirt, Jesse had on a red tie, Calleigh had on a burgundy Jacket...even tripp had on a red tie and Louise was also wearing a red shirt. --- I was thinking maybe this was the wardrobe dept's subtle way of making them a 'team'

Also...so Natalia has a hearing aid now, is that it for that storyline?? That's what I hate about this show.

I would love to see more of Natalia and Ryan...I want more character rich storylines and development... and it seems everyone wants this...so why has it not been given to us??

loved the opening scene, have we ever seen into a CSI's home before? -- I think that scene was the most intimate character related scene we've ever seen on this show

5. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

am loving seeing Kyle again-he looks so grownup and poor H looks so concerned...but proud papa. Loved the twists on this s/l-the tree growth thing had me thinking as well and how confused that older woman could be but then if she did witness a murder it would affect someone forever I guess. Am so glad to see Miami at nighttime again-wow it's about time! and more continuation of Jesse being around as a young inexperienced cop at the time. Absolutely LOVED AMH as the killer doc-he was so believable..liked the guy who played the son as well..yeah good scenes-somebody pls make a fanvid soon of the last 5minutes..awesome..and post those pics asap!

6. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

strong episode IMO. of course, how can i not love those last five minutes :)

i have to say i was thoroughly pleased seeing a killer who was so smart and manipulative. better than the cardboard cutout villains of recent plotlines. i guess that really speaks to the talent and range on Anthony Michael Hall doesn't it?

due to the EC romance, we've seen more of calleigh's place than anyone else's. wolfe's has shown up once, too, but i'm still waiting for that glimpse into H's pad that i was promised :evil:

7. slower

slower Lab Technician

Good episode!!!

Random thoughts:

1) Too much Jesse...once again. :brickwall: Although I did have some sympathy for the character, when the attorney pressured him into changing the report.

2) Not enough Ryan: It appears they are just throwing him anywhere to appease people. What a waste of a great talent. He looked good though. :)

3) E/C...UGH :rolleyes:

4) Anthony Michael Hall - Excellent

8. kljmiami

kljmiami Dead on Arrival

I loved this ep.

The E/C scenes were great and I have never been the biggest fan of that relationship. Eric's closing question "your place or mine?":drool::thumbsup:

I especially liked the way the case wrapped up. Failing to take account of an unusual weather pattern that caused large trees to suddenly not be obstructing a normally obstructed window fifteen years after the murder is the kind of "cold case" story that is actually believable. Miami tends to come up with the most insane stories; this one is at least plausible.

I hope this is not the last of the Natalia having hearing issues that we see. I want to know what was the cause of the inner ear injury that the explosion aggravated. Was it the ex husband or someone else????????

Also interested to know what is going on with Jesse. He was reading an online story about someone claiming to have a stalker.... Is Jesse the stalker or as he claims only looking out for some woman in danger.

9. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Yay!!!Eric and Calleigh together? Can't wait to see it!Thanks guys!

10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

This episode was even better than the last one. Nope, I'm not a fan of E/C, but I don't hate it with a passion either. And something else happened--something really weird: I LIKED Jesse in this ep. Yes, you read it right. And I liked him and Eric in the scenes they had.

I think the reason I liked Jesse in this is because he wasn't depicted as being just oh-so-wonderful-and suave, which is boring and grates on me. And it didn't seem like he took over the show. Maybe everything worked because Eric was back, and almost in his normal role. He was in the lab and it made things feel right. Adam Rodriquez does need to come back to the show because the Eric character needs to be in the show to make the show be its normal self. Oh, also I'm a big fan of nice hair on a guy. And Adam/Eric had his hair back, and he looked great. It's a HUGE improvement. I really don't like the bald look at all on a guy. And maybe this is part of what helped the episode be so outstanding, too, because in the earlier episodes before the show had gotten to be such a joke in some areas, Eric had his hair just like how it was last night.

Everything worked in this episode and I'm giving it an A+. I even liked the music. It added to the drama and pacing of the show. What an improvement over that poppy, techno crap they too often have. I hope these improvements on the show will last. New writers and directors have started working on the show and they're GOOD. :thumbsup: I'm feeling optimistic and hoping that this means a good storyline for Lt. Rick Stetler/DLS in the not-too-far future.

I'm not sure what to think of Natalia's storyline, though. I hope last night wasn't the end of her storyline.

It was great seeing Kyle and how worried H was for him! You could really tell! Awww. Seeing how worried H was made me worry, too. Awesome acting by DC throughout this episode. :thumbsup:

Eddie still needs some acting classes, but he made me feel sorry for Jesse last night. I could just imagine how pressured he must've felt to go along with what the attorney told him to do. He made a mistake, and it made the character more three-dimensional to me. And again, I liked how he and Eric looked in scenes. I could see them working in the future, and it being good for the show to have BOTH of them.

I'm probably leaving something out. When I remember I'll post about it. The outer space episode next week looks like it's going to be a comedy episode.

But the last thing I'll say is how awesome and creatively written the case was last night, and how everytime I thought I knew who did it, things would change again. Very good acting from Anthony Michael Hall and Nicholas Lea. For a little while there, I thought they were going to have "Krycek" be the baddie. :lol:

11. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

This episode was pretty good (has nothing to do with the ship). I like the darker tone of it and the case. I dislike that Jesse is always link to all the cases. He played a part in the previous case and now this again. Also why do they tend to portray the DAs as some scumbag?

Nice to see Natalia's issue being address but it was rather brief, well she didn't appear much at all anyways.

The last scene was good and glad to see Horatio bonding with his son.

12. electra

electra Pathologist

This is my first episode of Season 8 and I really liked it.From what I have been reading ,I was susprised that I actually liked Jesse.I agree with the poster that said that he and Eric are a good combination.At least for my eyes.:)

I liked Horatio with Kyle becouse he it shows that he is human afterall.Walter was boring IMO.And I missed Natalia hearing issues.Case was good too.I was so sure that the doctor was innocent and the scenes at the end were well done.

About the shipper part,I only have to say that I knew Cal was a woman of action!!!

13. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

This is by far one of the best episodes of the season in my opinion. The whole Eric and Calleigh romance was beaten to death in the episode, and I'm kinda getting sick of the show turning into the E/C network.

Eric and Jesse could be a great team if they didn't snap at each other, but I love the fact that they were able to shake hands at the end and it looked like Eric felt kind of sorry for the fact that his new boss bullied Jesse into changing that report. The flashbacks were really interesting I thought. I think one of my favorite parts of the show was Eric, Jesse, and Horatio testing the weather conditions from fifteen years ago.

Walter and Ryan were awesome as always and Ryan looked amazing! It was funny watching the two of them with Natalia. I'm glad they're kind of continuing Nat's storyline and it's great she was cleared for work.

Always nice to see Kyle and seeing how far he has come in his relationship with Horatio since they first met. Saving Horatio's conversation with Kyle until the end was the perfect way to end this episode.

14. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

CSI Miami tends to do that color scheme quite a lot. Why, I have no idea. We saw inside Calleigh's house before back in season 7 Dead on Arrival. That is when we see Eric in Calleigh's bed, she's getting ready for work, and Ryan getting tortured by the Russians. In the same episode, we saw a bit of Ryan's apartment. In the Deluca Motel (season 7) we see that Eric is living in a hotel, but I don't think we've seen his apartment. Also I think we have seen Natalia's apartment or house in season 6 (i think) when her ex-husband came back.

15. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I'm digging Miami at night, reminded me CSI:NY, nice change from being sunny. I thought the epi was great but I thought lack luster in the middle. I did enjoy seeing a little bit of Nat's story.