Episode 6x21 - 'Going Ballistic' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 16, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I just thought of another possibility to Ryan's text message. Maybe it's from a girlfriend telling "it's done" meaning their relationship. :lol: Though a girl would have to be crazy to break up with him, but...

2. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

I knew Wolfe was fishy the whole time. I have never liked that kid. Actually I despise Wolfe. (Some say I can't let go of Speed, but...*cough*)

He's so damn jealous of H....

Well I'm convinced that H was wearing a vest, so nothing to worry about. Even though i WAS crying like a baby at the end of the episode.

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

What! There is no jealousy of H on Wolfe's part.Maybe the problem is that you can't let go of Speed. I do agree with you about H however.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

It's all one's perrogative I suppose. :)

To me, though, it wasn't all that shocking that Ryan was involved (good/bad motives just the same) because he hadn't had anything in development for a while. Either way the storyline turns out, I'm glad they put Ryan in.

I still need to see the rest of the episode. :lol: I didn't get to see the lab blow, so I'll have to check it out--which basically caused me to miss half of Calleigh's scenes. Well, and Eric's too. I saw him for about 5 seconds near the end of the episode. This is the first time I've missed pretty much all of a Miami finale and I didn't care too much. :eek:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I completely agree. Ryan is NOT in any way, shape or form jealous of Horatio! Ryan admires Horatio, period! I know I've said this before, but apparently it bears repeating. Ryan told Horatio after Horatio got him his job back: "You went to bat for me and I won't forget that." Does that sound like he's jealous of Horatio? He was grateful to Horatio for helping him get his job back. Horatio put his credibility on the line to get Ryan's job back. Ryan has the utmost respect for Horatio.

There has never been ANY indication that Ryan is jealous of Horatio. There is absolutely NO evidence to support the theory that "Ryan is jealous of Horatio". In fact there is a lot of evidence to the very contrary. Ryan respects and admires Horatio. I know a lot of people are still bitter about Speed's death, but that is no reason to take it out on the new guy. It isn't his fault. If you want to blame someone, blame the writers. I liked the Speed too and was sad to see him go and in fact there are others that I would have rather seen leave than Speed, but out of respect for those/that character(s) 's fans, I will not mention names.

Furthermore, Rory asked to be let out of his contract because HE wanted to leave the show (he wanted to do more movies or something). It is not Ryan's fault that Speed didn't keep his gun clean, nor is it Ryan's fault that Speed was killed. It is simply unfair to take it out on him. I liked Speed too and it is hard when a character we like is killed off, but I wouldn't take it out on his replacement and I wouldn't even if I didn't like Ryan (which obviously I do judging by my name and avi :lol: ). I know the way the writers had Speed exit the show was kind of lame, but again, that is NOT Ryan's fault. That fault lies solely on the writers.

Ryan told Horatio once: "I'm not going to abandon the team." And Horatio told him and the team wouldn't abandon him. does that sound like jealousy? It sure as heck doesn't sound like jealousy to me.

Ryan told Calleigh: "It's more important for me to be thorough on this case than it is for me to prove myself." People who are jealous want to prove themselves in order to look better than the other person. Ryan is most certainly not jealous.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  6. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I've never seen Ryan being jealous of H. I've only seen his competitiveness with Eric in the past.

When I was watching what was happening to H at the end of the finale, I didn't cry, but I just kept saying over and over, "I hate this, I hate this, I hate this". I think I did it as a way to keep from crying.

7. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

Alright, I finally got to watch this since I missed it when it aired. Thank god for on-demand. This is what I noticed so far when watching this like 4 times.

1.)when he got shot the ground was already wet with puddles here and there. Closely observing there wasn't any blood flow out. (thank god for High definition hehe).

2.) his glasses were hit by the bullet before it even came into contact with the vest plus his body for the body heat to cause the bullet to break apart. Now, they never said what would happen if it came into contact with a solid object (take notice to Cains sunglasses very carefully.

3.) the bullet didn't come out from the other side of his body or his back. This goes back to number 2.) where it's possible if the bullet hits a solid it breaks apart making the vest do it's job and stoping all the pieces.

4.) Cain was texting something to someone, notice how his thumb is moving rapidly. He gets shot, his sunglasses got hit first before him. Now Wolf all of a sudden gets a text message saying "it's done". Sounds like a plan they made in advance.

5.) There is absolutly no logic at all for Wolf to be apart of people trying to kill Horatio Cain. Think about it for second, what would he gain from it? He is not second in command and if anyone took over Horatio's place it would be Calleigh. Cain's ex will find him there but I will assume and say she didn't take a shot at him, the kid I don't believe took a shot at him either....Watch the seen when his mother was said "I have to do something" bleh bleh bleh. The kid said, "he said to wait here, etc etc". I will rule the kid out.

Lets talk about wolf again though. Even though I said there was no logic in him doing it doesn't mean that he couldn't have been a part of it. I think wolf is kind of a snake, he is sneaky or he tries to be. I personally don't think he is to cute to pull something like this off. If he is a bad guy it definitely wouldn't have surprised me at all considering he is kind of sneaky and does things outside of his work that also goes against his work. He couldn't say anything to Calleigh at the time because she was talking to someone.

Sorry if I am all over the place, but I have a graph and everything to understand this, feel free to follow using a chart and cross out certain things you don't believe it would be and the logic behind it. Guess what I came up with after I crossed out all the possible and logic answers I could find, even dating back to past episodes...The name that is left is Evan Caldwill or whatever, ATF or something. :p

Now we come up with another thought we could rule in. Notice that the guy is looking at his bullets at the end (I forgot his name, bare with me please). The mother leaving, her new husband is looking at his bullets....This could have all been happening at the same time Horatio was shot. I think we will be seeing some more of Horatio's nemesis in the next season, for awhile longer at least. Because lets face it, I believe Cain's nemesis would have at least walked up to him since he went through so much with horatio. He would have at least walked up to him to make sure he is dead.

6.) Yes, I believe that was Alexx opening up the door when the scene was showing Wolf after he looked at his phone. She has the exact same figure, length of hair (when it's all down) and the same exact walk and posture.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  8. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I have to admit, I sometimes get so distracted by the eye candy of Horatio's hair :drool: that it causes me to miss dialogue. I think I've only watched this ep 3 times. I need to watch it a couple more times. I think I'll watch it again tomorrow.

TPTB obviously did that on purpose to make it hard to tell whether or not there could be blood, and drive us insane, but even on my non High def tv I was sure there was no blood, thank God.

Yeah, what if there's something about the sunglasses that can slow down even those deadly special bullets. And isn't the hole kinda jagged like the bullet fragmented? But then again, those bullets were BIG. So, what if the way the hole in the glasses is jagged means that it *wasn't* one of those really deadly bullets that hit H?--that it was a normal bullet from someone like Julia's gun?

More tomorrow. I'm dangerously tired. I don't want Evan Caldwell to be the baddie though.

9. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

Those bullets were very weak against certain things. They were tempered with something to cause them to fragment with just head but something like a vest which doesn't have body heat on it until already throught he vest well, that bullet is fragile I almost think that, that bullet when hitting a solid regardless of how thick it is would automatically fragment the bullet.

I hope it is Caldwell, cause then I would be right by guessing. LOL

10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

So are you saying that you think the bullet did fragment after hitting the sunglasses? If so, it would be likely that H might not have been hurt at all if he was wearing a vest.

I have another theory: What if some kind of prototype vest existed that was known to stop the super bad bullets say 90% of the time and Caldwell told H about this so H decided to tell Julia to meet him at the airport knowing that she would betray him and go to Ron. So then H goes to the airport wearing this prototype vest and takes the chance that it will work in order to begin his set-up and do whatever it is that he wants to do.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  11. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

ahhh that actually could have happened. If there are weird bullets like that then there must be some type of armor that stops it. I would think Horatio always wears a vest so it could be possible if you put both together.

12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Exactly. In tv shows at least, it always seems like there's an "antidote" that can be used against whatever the bad thing is. Or that an antidote can be made. or that whenever the military creates something like these weird bullets, they will also have an accompanying prototype armor against it. Oh, but I don't think they did with that evaporator thing H went up against in that pre-strike episode. But most of the time they do. LOL

Yeah.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008