Episode 10x19 - 'Habeas Corpse' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 6, 2012.

?

What Did You Think?

1. A+

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. A

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. B+

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. B

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. C+

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. C

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  7. D+

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. D

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. F

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I never like it when they have someone working a scene when they have a conflict of interest or whatever. It's true that we should be used to that by now (and it isn't just Miami that does it, its all three shows). And I'm sure whatever episode you're referring to bothered me as well, I just forgot to mention it lol (like I forgot to mention it with this episode at first until I saw someone else's comment about that). However, I probably wouldn't have even noticed it in this episode if they hadn't made a point to say Sam was off the case because of what she did. It just made Ryan being back on the case stand out more (and for the record, I don't blame Ryan for that at all).

I know these shows do that all the time, but sometimes its like one week they say "no, you can't work the case, conflict of interest" and the next week they [the writers] seem to forget that rule altogether LOL. I still liked the episode a lot. :)

I'm just saying the writers need to make up their minds about that sort of thing. If they want to always allow them to work a case even if there's a conflict of interest, fine... but don't have them do that one week and the next week say the opposite LOL. Be consistant. That's all I'm saying.

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    The writers do whatever suits the storyline the best. In this case(and I agree) it was having Ryan work the case and I'm glad he did.As I said in the Ryan thread,what would he have done ? I suppose they could have had him disappear and then show up at the very end like thay have before.

3. GregNickRyanFan

I never said I wanted Ryan to be there less. I know they did it to have him on more. I have no issues with his screentime. I love that he got so much screentime. I just wish they could have come up with another way to have him on screen the same amount of time.

And again, the thing that bothers me is not necessarily that he went back to the scene in which there was a conflict of interest. The problem is that there is an inconsistancy among the writers on that particular issue. That is all.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Actually,I never said or thought that you wanted Ryan to have less time. Only asking what should be done instead other than come up with an entirely different storyline .
    I guess I'm not bothered by that particular inconsistency because that has always been so . To me it wasn't unexpected.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  5. GregNickRyanFan

Sorry, my pain meds are affecting my clarity I think. I was having trouble expressing what I was trying to say in the first place, which is why I had to clarify, but I'm still not sure I got it right lol. You did remind me (on the other thread) of something else I wanted to say here though:

It was nice that Eric went to those people and spoke on Calleigh's behalf and all, but I kind of would have liked to have seen the rest of the team do that as well. Realistically though, I know that would have been too much for this episode which is why I kind of wish they'd had one or the other storyline in a different episode. I know they weren't sure if they'd be back another season and all... I just wish there wasn't that uncertainty and that they could have had one of the storylines earlier or something... or that they could have at least had this episode be 90 minutes instead. Why couldn't CBS had given them the go ahead for a ninety minute episode? :sigh: I just hope the show comes back for another season. I'm not sure I'm ready to say goodbye yet. But if this is the final curtain call, then at least we had that good team scene at the end (aside from Cal being absent from it and Dave and Travers too). I kind of wish they'd found a way to include Alexx in this episode too, but I understand why they couldn't.

If the show does end, we'll always have fanfic. :)

Why the heck does my page keep going back to the gray background? I keep having to reset it to "big blue" cause it keeps going gray and saying its on "new blue". Weird.

6. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

CBS just indicated they are going to rerun this episode this coming Saturday at 9 p.m. Obviously they recognize that the delay impacted ratings tremendously.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I'm going to re-tape it Saturday if I don't forget.

8. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

I haven't known it was supposed to be the same day. Thanks for explanation:)

Really?! Finally they got it!

9. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Well even though this is the least they could do...I'm glad.

10. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

I checked and it shows 48 hrs mystery on on 9pm saturday.

11. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I don't know where you looked, but the CBS.com site under schedule for this week, shows CSI NY at 8:00PM eastern, CSI Miami at 9:00PM eastern and 48 hrs at 10:00PM eastern. Anything is possible, but that is what they are currently showing.

12. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

I looked on my tv. Probably haven't updated it yet.

13. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I doubt they "got" it after these last few years in the Sunday time slot. They should consider it good luck that the NCAA didn't play the final game last weekend on Sunday, the rating would be even worse.

The show has more delays than Stapleton airport in Denver. I'm beginning to think the network is getting ready to bail on this and CSINY. The episode was OK, I've enjoyed Malcolm McDowell's character over the last 2 seasons. The writers had been telegraphing the bad apple in the room all season. So in this finale, Ryan is once again the implicated one, only to have someone else be guilty at the last minute. Didn't this happen last year? And once before?

Togo should be asking for a raise for all the crap his character has had to endure over the seasons.

Too many miles under this show, no consistency between seasons, Caine's ego is out the roof. CBS has other crime dramas scoring better numbers, whose salaries are probably much less than a 10-year-old show. Time to put this one in the vault.

14. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I have noticed between the first season of CSI Miami and this the last two episodes of the program, Horatio Caine is not on as much as the rest of the cast. Seems to me if they wanted to, they could dump David Caruso and the Horatio Caine character and just focus on the rest of the team.

I think that Barry O'Brien, the producer of that show, let the writers have more time spent on them, than the man who was and still is "suppose to be" CSI Miami, and that is Horatio Caine. It may be true that Horatio's character does not fit in anymore with the rest of the cast and I hate that.

Peace

15. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Very true! Sadly Horatio Caine, one of the greatest tv characters of all time to me, has been pretty much destroyed these last 2 seasons. The rest of the cast behaves as a team(well, maybe not Calleigh)but H is just too far removed. I'm guessing Caruso's heart isn't in it anymore. It made me sad watching the first few seasons of this show, he was so excellent back then. A great leader. Pretty much everything has gotten worst since then.

Still, Habeas Corpse wasn't too bad. It was nice to have a good amount of Ryan, and it seemed more character driven than any other episode I've seen recently.

I hope Miami comes back. I hope they fix all of these issues, but that's very unlikely.