Dr. Peyton Driscoll/Claire Forlani Thread #1

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ker, Oct 1, 2006.

1. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

like i said in another foldie, of course you can :D :lol: having same thoughts... is that good? :lol:

Fray yeah, it is unique ;) I remember you! and I gotta say... you have to write fics more! :p

yeah TPTB, if Peyton's staying, give us at least itsy bitsy info about her!

2. Stella

Stella Rookie

Cool! :D I would say yes, it's good that we have the same thoughts...Can we just read each others mind? :lol:

Peyton should stay I started to like her and that means a lot because actual I'm a SMacker.. :)

3. privatename

privatename Rookie

I didn't realize she was in the finale. I am incredibly disappointed about that because then there will be less screen time for a character I like; many of whom I feel don't get enough screen time as it is -- Sid, Hawkes etc. I find her to be dead wood and truly hope she doesn't return next season. I like Mac happy and like that he is dating, I just wish it would be someone other than Peyton.

4. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

We just knew from 3x20 that she had 8 years of training and 8 years on the job (including 4 years with Hawkes in the ME's office). I believe she and Mac knew each other for quite a long time.

And I definitely want to know more about her, I like her a a lot.

Please TPTB, let Peyton stay.

5. mugs

mugs Witness

agreed

6. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

I know! some peeps should see us that way! :lol:

i agree! please TPTB, let us know more Peyton facts please? there are people who like her.. -_-; dont make us starve from info...

7. Aaralyn_J

Aaralyn_J Dead on Arrival

OMG, I hope that they keep Peyton around for next season. I'll cry if they don't. I'll throw a fit, storm onto the set, and demand that they bring back Claire Forlani. J/K. Or am I? ::insert evil laugh::

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Interesting--that brings up the question, were they friends first? And if so, what caused their relationship to take a romantic turn? I wonder if we'll ever find out.

9. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Very interesting questions, Top. I'm sure they've been friends in the pastn and maybe she even knew Mac's wife.

After watching Wednesday's episode I have to say Claire's acting and her portrayal of Peyton proved once again that she's a cool addition to the show so I really hope she's gonna be around next season..

10. Stella

Stella Rookie

Yeah, I agree with you Top. That's a question I hope we get answered one day. I really don't know Peyton and Mac knew each other for so long..wow.

I could imagine they were friends at the beginning and then turned into lovers. But I don't think Peyton knew Mac's wife. Though they could be friends in the past or were friends but I think Stella is the only one who really knew his wife..not Peyton..

Claire's acting in the last episode was really cool and I enjoyed it a lot to have her around.

11. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

Agree, in 3x11 when Mac accidentally called her "Claire", she said "I suppose I should be flattered because I know how much you cared for her..."..So probably she did know Claire.

12. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I swear I recall reading in an early interview from AZ, when they first announced that Claire Forlani was joining the cast, that the scenario was she and Mac meeting up a couple years earlier, being romantically attracted, but Mac "wasn't ready yet". And the next time they met up, a year or so later, he was ready, and they started dating. So I'm guessing Peyton knew about Claire from the beginning, but didn't know her. Am I nuts, or does anyone else recall this interview? I swear it was from one of those long-ass AZ rambling interviews...

13. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

Yes I do remembered it was mentioned somewhere, found this from seems like CBS Press Release:

So if she began her career in NY ME's office then she might've already been there pre-911, given the timeframe.

But yeah it is possible she knew about Claire but not really know her.

14. Stella

Stella Rookie

Yeah, MBGrissom I think she knew about Claire but didn't knew her really. Mac could have talked with Peyton about Claire so he did the same with Stella years ago.

15. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

Ok, Peyton has 8 years training and 8 years experience - if she started her career in the ME's office 8 years ago and was there for 2 years, wouldn't that have been prior to 9-11 and the "chemistry" would have been while Claire was still alive? So, maybe that was why nothing happened between them at that time. Mac still married but appreciating a pretty, smart woman. Hmmmmm. And then, after years apart and four years of grief, when they "have a chance encounter", the chemistry kicks right back.