CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I don't think the reference to Mac's father in 6.02 necessairily means he's getting another nemesis. His father was referenced in both Mrs Azrael and Yahrzeit which were episodes that had nothing to do with his having a nemesis. Could be it just comes up because of the particular case they're working on, or maybe he talks about his dad to Flack - about feeling powerless in a hospital, much like Flack must've felt in Pay Up. A Mac nemesis so soon after Dunbrook would be a little too soon.
    I don't mind Mac getting another nemesis as long as the whole team can be involved and the nemesis is interesting, but it would be great if the shooter turned out to be someone with a grudge against the whole team (the Irish guys from Snow Day would be a good example, unlikely given the time difference, but they'd be pissed at Mac, Flack, Stella and Hawkes, possibly Danny too) or the Tanglewood boys with a grudge against Danny. I'd personally love to see someone coming after Flack for some reason. Maybe the guy he shot had a brother or something, or some scumbag he put away gets out of jail.

Rikki coming back or Kaye being a problem for DL would be brilliant. I'm kind of hoping Lindsay will decide to leave or at least cut her hours after the shooting, and Kaye will be coming in to replace her.

2. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

i'm kinda have a problem today i want it to be september (god i can't wait) but then i'm kissing the summer away lol thats it CSI NY is gonna have to be on all year around like eastender (UK i know some won't have a clue what that is)

I have an idea how the season opener might start or should............

it's a good way to keep us on jess i really hope it get's talked about she died doing her job and that should be noted from all till at least 6.14? then maybe just flack for the rest of the season before he meets angel's twin sister she, her family or don didn't know she had.

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i don't think i could cope if csi ny was on as much as eastenders - the mac-loveliness overdose might just kill me, but also because it would mean the quality would have to come down (to stay on budget), and the cheese factor would go into overdrive. don't get me wrong, i love easties, i watch every single episode and really enjoy it, but it is a bit silly, a bit crap and the acting is terrible and i wouldn't want csi to go that way!

maybe they should try a crossover - mac and stella investigating who spilled my pint, prime suspects are minty, big mo and phil? :lol:

sorry, that was a bit ot - i'm just feeling bereft of csi right now!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Definitely. I'm not expecting the hardcore IAB investigation into that military-guy's death, and Danny would totally have Flack's back, but I really can't see any way that murder isn't going to weigh on Flack's conscience (it was basically murder, what he did).

Okay, part of it might've just been Angell-hate :p But honestly, to me their relationship seemed to have about as much substance as Angell's character did - very little to none at all. Did they ever have one personal conversation that didn't revolve around sex once they got together? We didn't even find out that they actually cared about each other beyond the bedroom until the episode before Angell died (and even then I was iffy, but okay, if the writers say so...:rolleyes:). At best I thought it was a fling - I really didn't see them headed for a serious relationship. I probably would've been able to stomach it slightly better than I do D/L, though. Although it's just easier, because Angell's appearances were fairly limited anyway.

No no no no no - I'm totally plugging my ears and humming loudly on the continuity issue. I mean, these are professional writers - they have to know they can't just sweep Flack's moral struggle under the rug! And for the most part, death has always been handled well and believably on CSI (the way they handled Warrick's death was just amazing, Speed and Aiden got great follow-up, even Holly Gribbs's death was keenly felt).

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  5. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

yeah i get what your saying i'm just having a really bad withdrawn day lol
    i reckon it was phil he's back on the bottle lol.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i know the feeling!!

yeah, it was probably phil, it's usually phil!

7. under_cover

under_cover Hit and Run

Not so buzz about NY...

from TVGUIDE

8. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Excuse my ignorance on abbreviations and whatnot again :lol: but... IAB? Internal Affairs Something? :confused: lol

I don't know what we will see of Flack's struggle in S6, but I think it's obvious that it will weight in his conscience because it's murder like you said. He's righteous as a detective and gets the job done when the situation calls for it (Snow Day, etc), but this was done on a personal level. I sympathize for him and understand why he did it but it doesn't make it right in the end. After all, he locks up people for the same murder motive! I wonder if he'll confide in his sister?! The oh-so-perfect brother ain't so perfect anymore.

Hahaha :lol: Thought it might be some of that too lol I remembered you saying you didn't like her!

I think I got the feeling they could have been serious after the dialogue between Flack and Angell's father. Compared to Danny, he could have waited for things to naturally evolved between them. Or not. We'll never know! And now that you mentioned it, I think it's because Angell wasn't in every episode that I had been/would have been more tolerant for that couple. Although, for these kind of shows, I prefer if it is played out like it was for Warrick Brown on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Over the phone conversations, little teasing about girlfriends and relationship with his chums, etc. We barely seen her, if my memory's not failing me again lol

Yeah, they're professional writers yet sometimes they write stuff that ain't so professional :lol: But that's just being harsh with them. Beside a few stuff that annoys me, they're doing an amazing job with the CSIs.

But you're right about the deaths on CSIs. They got all great follow-up! I really liked how they did it for Speedle and Warrick! Though it was almost all covered up for Angell in the S5 finale... the solved her murder, she got her wake and she got that article in the newspaper... unless there's a surprise in store with that story line? So, it would only leave Flack's struggle and I'm just worried how little they might give it space for S6 :(. Though I hope Angell's death was also their way of digging more into Flack for the next season. It just screams for it lol

Thank you so much for that spoiler! So, Lindsay gets hurt? Mac? Though I'm not sure if that makes sense with the 6.02 spoiler that came out recently... didn't read it...

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

"Not so buzz" is right, under_cover. :rolleyes: Do any other shows get 'spoilers' that don't actually give them any information, or is it just us? :lol:

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I don't know how old Mac is in the flashback, but if the ages are close enough, I'd love to see Gary's son Mac playing younger screen-Mac.

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Well, yeah, he is married to Lindsay after all! :lol: *ducks* Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D

I do think it's Danny that's going to get shot, but I think he'll live.

12. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

Again with the D/L :scream: Make it stop.

I do hope the premiere will answer a lot of questions for us because from the 6.02 spoilers so far, it just seems so normal. I would hate for it not to fully satisfy and then the next episode......blah.

13. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Danny cannot die. That was pretty obvious, even though most of us was scared of it happening, because of the D/L thing and what the producers had said they had in store for them in S6. It might sound cruel (or not?) but I would have liked Lindsay to die and leave Danny a single father. 'Would have been interesting, but maybe too dramatic for this kind of show.

Yeah... I'm worried about that too. I guess we'll have to keep hoping for the best lol

ETA
    And I think they're only spoiling about D/L to make sure all the fans tune-in for the season premiere.

14. lilmzhappy

lilmzhappy Witness

Rumour has it that he was in his early twenties.
    I think Gary's son is in his late teens so its totally possible.

15. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Really, they should kick out every other member of the cast. After all, who needs Mac, Stella, Flack, Adam and all the rest? We have Danny, Lindsay and Lucy! Yesss! *pukes* I also suggest they rename the series and call it "CSI: D/L", since now each and every thing revolves around them. Well, except for Mac's storyline. He can stay, I guess, but only because he blessed Danny and Lindsay's holy union.

Why, yes, I am pissed off!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.