CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

More Compass Killer scoop from TVGuide's MegaBuzz:

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The episode description for "Manhattanhenge" implies that the phenomenon takes place at the end of the episode - the only problem with that is that the phenomenon happens on May 28 and July 12 according to the site link provided. The episode will air on November 25.

Danny and Lindsay have already skipped forward at least 10 months, although the rest of the characters seem to still be riding in the normal timestream - does this mean we've gone all the way through a whole year and will arrive back at May or July in episode 9 as we hop, skip and jump forward in time?

Or maybe it's just that Danny and Lindsay are a year ahead while the rest of the show is in the present day, and the Black Hole of Continuity keeps the universe from imploding by averaging the date out to May. Or something. :p :p :p

3. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

You and your facts! what are you like?:lol:

Just because a show wants to highlight real phenomenon of New York doesn't mean they want to do it in a realistic manner - honestly where would be the fun in that?;)

4. Top41

Can I be a really dummy and admit I'm not sure I get what "Manhattange" means? The sun aligning with the city's grid--what is that? LOL, I guess we'll see it in the ep.

Sounds like the timeline might be a bit off, though. :lol:

5. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Or maybe they want us to beleive that one year passed from Angel death:confused::confused::confused:

Maybe we will have an idea in today's episode like Don saying that it is the first anniverary of the Angel death and that would explain his behaviour..

Danny took one year to walk again

lucy's birthday :lol::lol::lol:

and next episode is almost Christmas :guffaw::guffaw:

6. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

It seems as though Manhattanhenge (?sp) as a name is derived from Stonehenge as both have similar sun alignments at solstice time (or something like that). I kinda get the concept but not the exact history or detail. :)

And yes, the timeline is definitely off but then again it has been for a while.

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ yeah, it's also called the manhattan solstice, and i believe the phenomenon takes its name from similar things at stone henge. it's to do with certain streets that get aligned, i believe they use streets as per an early 19th century commissioner's plan, which are aligned at a certain degree away from long/lat, which are affected on certain dates - much like stone henge, although somehow i think that didn't have a commissioner's plan! i would've preferred a reference to abu simbel but let's face it that was unlikely :lol:

haha yeah the timeline has faded into the oblivion of the black hole now, i've given up on it ;)

8. Faylinn

This is the link that was posted with the article to explain the phenomenon.

9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Lol, okay that? Sounds extremely cool; I've never even heard of that phenomenon before. So I definitely agree with the show's producers about how great it is to be the show that's centered in New York -- this kind of thing is definitely one of the more attractive features of the show. Although it really sucks that they're not going to pay attention to the timeline (having Manhattanhenge in November), 'cause that takes out half the fun :shifty:.

10. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

I don't really see an issue in that whole pushing-against-the-wall thing. Because truth is that Flack has been an *ss lately and it seemed more of a get-a-grip-dude push than anything else.

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ Wait, what's he done lately that made him an *ss? :confused: The closest I can think of is when he stood up Angell's family, and even that wasn't work-related; not to mention, I don't know how anyone else on the team or at work would've heard about it). It's actually a bit of a problem with this storyline, that we haven't seen too much out-of-control behaviour from Flack that would warrant him deserving the whole "get a grip" lecture. Work-wise (presumably until tonight's episode, anyway), with the exception of his freezing in 6.04, Flack's been very together.

12. lilmzhappy

lilmzhappy Witness

Order of main cast appearence maybe???

13. Faylinn

6.13 "Flag on the Play"

Be back in a little bit with more info. :)

14. Top41

^Oooh, sweet!! Can't wait for new spoilers. :D

Yeah, I agree... Flack's definitely not being an ass in the slightest. Or even that much of a screw up... aside from freezing in 604--which, I kind of take his side on... unless the woman had mad ninja skills, I doubt she could have killed him with that knife--he hasn't messed up on on the job at all. I'm curious to see how he will tonight.

15. Faylinn

Ok, here's some info about the episode:
    6.13 "Flag on the Play":

~ A woman named Kate Valentine is found dead and floating in a therapeutic bath in the locker room after a Lingerie Football League game. She was the quarterback of the New York Majesty team. It's determined that she died from an allergic reaction to lidocaine.

~ Fun personal stuff: It appears that Sid might be a fan of the LFL. ;) Danny and Flack have a few scenes together. At one point, Mac comments to Danny that people sometimes lie to protect their spouses - but Danny points out that Lindsay wasn't afraid to tell him he overcooked dinner the night before. Mac says Lindsay might be an exception to the rule. ;)

~ Also, when Danny and Flack go to a pawn shop to ask about Kate's engagement ring (which she pawned for $10,000 - before her ex-fiance reported it stolen), they find out someone bought an NYPD badge the day before. Danny asks to see a picture of the badge, and his worst fear is confirmed: it's his badge. He has to admit to Flack that it got stolen a week before when he was at an acupuncture place trying to relieve his back pain (he didn't want to go on medical leave again) - and he never reported it missing. Now someone in the city has it. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.