CSI: Miami Cancelled. What happens to CSI: Miami Section of Talk CSI?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Carolyn_333, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Now that CSI: Miami has officially been cancelled, what will happen to Talk CSI's CSI: Miami section? I've noticed in the index of threads that are in the CSI: Miami section alot of the threads have gone cold (blue envelope). So far, I've only found 3 threads still hot (red envelope). Will the Miami section eventually be closed and locked like a thread that has reached 1000 posts? I still wanna cry :'( then cuss :censored: about CSI: Miami being cancelled.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Re: CSI: Miami Cancelled. What happens to CSI: Miami Section of Talk

That's a good question and one I confess I've been asking myself lately. I suppose that would be up to Bonz to determine based on the viability and/or necessity of the forum.

With TrekBBS, there are multiple Star Trek series forums that are still open (and quite active) despite them simply airing in syndication which is currently the case with CSI:Miami. Then again, Star Trek is a much larger fandom than ours and the community has been around a lot longer with myriad forums not related to Trek. I would assume that if this forum is receiving activity, it'll remain open as long as people are still interested in discussing CSI:Miami. Not to mention we have the overseas fans whom are still catching up.

It's sad that the forum is about a hundredth as active as it used to be (the 2004-2006 era being the busiest, from what I remember) and the show being cancelled will certainly put an even larger damper on the atmosphere here. :/ All we can do is see what happens from here and hope there's a market, so-to-speak of fans excited about the show and wanting to discuss it regardless of the cancellation.

I wholeheartedly encourage members to keep posting threads about topics that seem of interest.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I would hope the Miami section would remain 'active' as well. The topics are here, just archived, so to speak. You'll just have to do a search of specific things to bring them back to life. Maybe once CSI & CSI: NY start their new seasons, more members & guests will visit.

Don't forget if you 'subscribe' to topics, then anything you checked out in the CSI: Miami section will be on that listing. That's a quick way to resurrect topics you've replied to in the past. Just go to the Quick Links drop-down menu (right under the Welcome box) at the top right of the page, then click on Subscribed Threads. :)

4. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I actually haven't had a thought that there can be any questions about the thread survival.
    But I wish it'll stay active.

I'm one of those overseas fans whose activity in this forum part will decrease starting next Tuesday because it's season's and show's finale.

But it's good that there're still enough active fans around.

5. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

I hope this thread stays open. I know I am not here as often as I need to be, but I want it to continue. There is always fanfic and whatnot. I may need to post some of my thoughts on potential episodes that might have been. That may seem pointless but still they would have been good epis. Yes I will do that for sure. Stay tuned...

6. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

They do have 'Virtual Seasons' in fanfiction, at least they do in The X-Files fandom. Maybe if some good writers got together...

Episodes are still airing in syndication, so there should always be something to discuss, no matter how small.

7. POlsaswer

POlsaswer Civilian

thanks for the list guys. it'll really help me.