Calleigh & Ryan #8 - Give Me A Chance.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by karu_mila, Jan 1, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Give Me a Chance

55.6%
  2. The Diamond Bond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 'Cause He Knows Her Guilty Pleasure

11.1%
  4. Big Day Coming Up?

22.2%
  5. I Know What You Wanted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Apologizing With Flowers? Calleigh Approves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Ship of Diamond Bonds and Flowers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Don't Believe Everything You Hear

22.2%
  9. Don't Mess With the Stare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. A Perfect Match

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. slower

slower Lab Technician

Solitaire you have hit the nail on the head. They had to (IMO) had to destroy that friendship/connection in order to promote another. I don't really ship them anymore; but would like to see their close friendship return; Jon and Emily had/have a great onscreen chemistry. They only interaction we got this year was "Ryan you smell"LOL. Poor Ryan. I would like to see him in a situation where everyone is aware of it and show's support and concern; especially Calleigh to show she is still his friend, and cares about what happens to him.

2. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Wow! Where did you get that picture :thumbsup:- I've never seen it before? What photoshoot was that from? I don't think I've seen any pictures from it.:confused:

You know, I was never a big "CaRWash" fan, but I could see the connection - and that pic is pretty hot! :drool: I love Ryan and Calleigh! I too hope their friendship can somehow be mended - but I have yet to see Cal concerned for him. Ryan has always shown concern for Cal, though, so there's always hope. :)

While I'm pretty much fed up w/the "angsty, near death's door" storylines, I think it might be refreshing for that to happen to Ryan and for Cal to show some concern...One wonders what would've happened had Ryan been the one who was shot in the head in Season 5 instead of Eric...:shifty:

3. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I found it on the fanpop actually. :p It's a Jon and Emily Photoshoot! Here's the rest of it:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(It's possible that there are more that I don't know of, but I think that's the whole photo shoot.)

Although this goes along with what you all have said... I have to admit I blame the writers and lack of screen time to be the main reason for the canyon that is now between Calleigh and Ryan. I mean, looking back at seasons 3 and 4, Calleigh is in a LOT more scenes with Ryan. I mean, practically EVERY scene she's with Ryan. (Probably because she was his mentor). But after about mid-way season 5 (probably after the whole gambling thing. Maybe she's holding a grudge against him? :shifty: With these writers I wouldn't be surprised), she was in no scenes with Ryan. (Again probably because Ryan was Natalia's mentor... or was he? I honestly don't remember who Natalia's mentor was. I'm pretty sure it was Ryan. :guffaw:) And from then on they've had like no scenes together, so maybe some "debonding" was going on which is upsetting.... :(

I don't know, that's just my theory. I think that if Calleigh and Ryan had more scenes together we'd see the old friendship again.... :lol: Probably not, but I can always hope right? :p

Ok and now I'm done rambling and I bring you another one of my favorite CaRWash Pictures! :D (which is too big, so I'm using a clickable thumbnail :p)

[​IMG]

4. Saya_Ray

Saya_Ray Police Officer

Hey what happened to all the CaRWash love?
    It's been over a year since I showed up here, anyone of the old CaRWash fan base still around? LOL
    I haven't been watching for a long time Csi Miami, but when I saw the promo for the next episode, got me interested again.

5. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Sadly, the friendship/relationship of CaRWash has died down dramatically because of E/C. =(. I don't particularly enjoy that, but *sigh* stupid writers...

6. slower

slower Lab Technician

I concur!! It is a shame that TPTB had to destroy a strong friendship, in order to promote the E/C storyline. Even though they wanted to take the characters in that direction; I really have/had a problem with the way Ryan was treated by Calleigh through it all. So sad!! Now they seem like total strangers; working together only ocassionally.:( They might as well be on separate shifts; that's what it feels like.

7. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Just poppin' in again. I thought of CaRWash after last night's episode. I was very much hoping that Cal would show some concern over Ryan's condition (and was kinda hopin she was at the hospital w/him since she didn't seem to be at the lab in the beginning of the episode - well, I guess that's still possible...:lol: )

Anyway, I totally agree that the E/C storyline has destroyed numerous relationships on Miami, including Ryan and Calleigh's wonderful friendship/dynamic. (I feel the same way about the H/Cal connection - they almost never have scenes together, much like you're talking about w/Ryan. It's like they had to move Cal away from the other two males so she could shack up w/Eric :rolleyes: .)

Anyhow, glad to see some people still diggin' CarWash - I always enjoyed their friendship, anyway :)