Calleigh/Jake #1 - "Some things never change!"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Leela, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Re: Calleigh/Jake #1 - "Some things never change!"

Yeah this title shows a change something people who couldn't see till now because of TTB.

I think that JW was a great challenge for EP. She had to be a normal CSI without feelings after Hagen's death (I didn't see any kind of feeling at that time) & Elliot's stuff. After that EP didn't have any kind of opportunity to show the chemistry w/ anyone of the cast.
    When JW arrived you can see that things changed both for Calleigh & EP. You can see in her interviews ,whenever she talks about Jake & Calleigh, that she's like a teenager when she finds her "love". Both Calleigh & EP are fliry, happy, smiling.
    JW is the "new" & obviously you can see it as a good or bad thing (it depends on you). I can see that for both Calleigh & EP JW/Jake's arrival was a good thing.
    EP never had the opportunity to show her acting (in terms of love on CSI:Miami), but OMG what we saw in "Resurrection" was amazing. Both JW & EP were so realistic while they were talking about some serious stuff like the one of the episode.
    You can see she was like "I love you & that's why I'm worried whenever you're not here w/ me. I wonder if you're alive, if you would come back home". This is such a realistic situation w/ two people who seemed so real.
    "I can't live like that" was just fear & it was so realistic...I believe Calleigh Duquesne feels like this whenever she's not w/ Jake.
    The problem, now, is that Jake has to reappear if they don't want to destroy Calleigh's character:p

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

ok why is this thread dying? I mean CaKe is supposed to be dead becuase of "Jake's departure", but come on we still have to hope for their future:thumbsup:

Yestary I went out w/ my friend & guess what I took: 1 MIMOSA :beer:
    My first thought when I found it was "OMG CaKe"

What I wanted to say is this:
    Jake left, but are we sure he left forever? No, maybe he'll come back & I'd be very happy.
    Plus Calleigh is waiting for him & am I the only one who noticed a change in Calleigh? I mean she looks weird, sad & no willing to work. Does it have something to do w/ Jake's absence? I'd say yes.

And here's a quick question, do you think that we'll have new CaKe scenes when Jake comes back?

Gosh I miss them:(
    *goes back drinking her mimosa*

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Don't go getting all drunk on us Flo! :lol:
    I know, I do miss Cake, I don't think it's a done deal, it's just hard to keep up with discussion here cause we're left hanging....SUCKS!

Anyway,

No one is sure really. It didn't look like forever to me. It was far too ambigious, & the thing I noticed most was Calleigh's reaction to him saying goodbye. As I saw it, Calleigh wasn't telling him to leave, she wanted him to stay to continue thier relationship. In her heart, it wasn't over, & obviously wasn't over at the time of 'Stand your ground' either.
    There wasn't anything there to prove to me that she was reconsidering her relationship, or feelings for him.

Nope. I think it was obvious even way back towards the end of the season. She isn't herself, she clearly is NOT happy without Jake, & her desire for the job skipped out of her a long time ago. That I could see as far back as season 5. Who knows what TPTB are driving at here for her, but as I see it, they're only giving her more reasons to run for the hills with her man Jake, cause her heart isn't in the job anymore.

Of course, we'd better!! Seriously, Im in need of better closure here, & I for one am SOOO not convinced that Calleigh is done with him, or him with her!! I want to see her jump on the back of his Harley, arms wrapped around his waist, & they ride off into the sunset!! Cheesy ending? Yes, but hey...they've poured all kinds of cheese into this couple so I say go for it!! Plus, I cannot stand anymore of the back & forth drama, it's past annoying. I need a little normalcy at this point.

:p*joins Florry in a Mimosa toast*:p

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

That's exactly the reason why I'm getting drum :lol:. I can't believe we're here waiting for them knowing nothing about their future.

Oh I still can't see Calleigh being ready to leave him. I mean her face in "Resurrection" looked like "Ok I must wait for you!!! I can't stay here in this mad lab without you":p Ok it wasn't like that, but it was near:lol:
    Also in SYG she had a sort of reason to leave him, but she didn't do it. She is going one giving him chances, there's only one reason for it: LOVE.

You know I saw how her job isn't her first love anymore since Jake arrived. He was her distraction for the day, whenever she had a problem w/ the lab stuff she could go home & tell him everything. Now that she's alone, she has nobody w/ her. She has too much tension on her shoulder, she's stressed & nobody can help her.
    She looks weird in these last episodes without her Jake, plus I haven't seen her smiling properly since his "departure".

I soooo can imagine Calleigh on the back of his Harley:lol:

Let's put up a party:lol:

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oh honey, you know I'm in! :D

Yep. Calleigh never gives a whole lot of chances, especially in the love department. I mean, I've seen her forgive & forget with members of the team & her Dad, but not with a love interest. Peter Elliot & John Hagen are proof of that. Her feelings for Jake are obviously pretty damn strong, & surely it isn't only because she's in love with him - I would think someone like Calleigh would have to have trust there also to even begin to fall, so she must have some faith in him as well.

I'm sure it doesn't help matters either that Alexx has left, they were close. Methinks she needs to go have lunch with Mama Alexx so she can discuss Jake - she needs someone to talk to.
    Maybe Natalia could clue in on her worries with Jake (like Cal did when Nick returned) & ask her if she's ok. I could see Calleigh giving that half-ass smile with a sigh like "you caught me" - then she tells her how worried she is. Like a reverse 'Looks could Kill' moment, but without Cal wanting to kill Jake.:p

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I know Calleigh told Jake should couldn't live like that, couldn't wait anymore but... sometimes what one says and what one does are two completely different things. :lol: I think Calleigh said that in an attempt to be strong. But, we all know how Jake makes Calleigh's knees go weak. (Speaking of which, that song "Weak" I wanna say the singer is SWV, but can't remember for sure, but it is a perfect song for them). And she doesn't seem herself lately.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, so next week they are airing a repeat of "Stand Your Ground". Wasn't that Jake's last episode before "Resurrection"? If so, I wonder if that means he might be in the next new ep "Wrecking Crew"? I'm a little worried now. :lol:

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh yeah SYG was his last episode during s6.
    I'm pretty sure he won't be in "Wrecking Crew", but I think I can understand why they decided to air SYB right before WC.
    In this episode Calleigh is supposed to be involved in the crane accident. Then she'll try to save the man but he'll fall in the hole. She then will be slapped by the widow.
    I know that Jake won't be in the episode, but still I think it's time for TPTB to show that Jake is ther for his Cal.
    As mj mentioned, Calleigh also is alone after Alexx's departure.
    You know I so can imagine an episode w/ Alexx back for a lunch w/ Calleigh: I know they'll be talking just about her relationship w/ Jake. It would be refreshing & so nice to see :adore:

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok ok this thred looks pretty damnd dead and people think we're dead, something which isn't true.
    My hope and faith for this couple won't ever die just because I think this couple is too strong to fall apart.

I know things don't look good for us since we miss just an important piece of CaKe...Jake:rolleyes:.
    But, remember what happened last year: we all thought we're never going to see them together. We though Jake wasn't going to come back and we were all pessimistic.
    Jake came back & we had one of the most meaningful and beautiful CaKe scene ever. IMO there was no other way to show what the word LOVE means.

So who are we to think they're gonna end??? We still have plenty of possible storylines for them to happen, even *cough*Jake's death*cough*.
    Even if they're not all happy and cheesy, they all could turn to our favour.

Let's imagine Calleigh at home knitting :)guffaw:) and waiting for Jake, who has to come back, alive or dead...he has to come back:p

10. Lambchop

Lambchop Rookie

I still think they are secretly seeing each other, even though they shouldn't. Jake would never just give up on Calleigh and I think Calleigh wouldn't give up on Jake.

I really feel they need to be together for it all to make since.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Hello fellow cake lovers!!! I still totally believe in CAKE even though I don't exactly liven up the thread much, haha.
    But, yes, I agree with FLO. I'm still quite optimistic for 3 very important reasons.
    1. That so-called ending in 'Resurrection' which BTW is repeating soon before a big event, mind you ;)
    2. Everything they showed with CAKE before - all the handholding & the change in Calleigh, the vacationing together; that is just stuff that we don't ever get to see with her so I KNOW all those little moments with CAKE were something very significant.
    3. The wicked minds of our dear TPTB - boy do they love to toy with viewers - expect one thing & get another ... enough said!

KNITTING? Sorry, I can't picture it, however, Im sure she sits gazing next to her coffee-maker waiting for Jake to come home so he can make her cappuccinos. :lol:
    But seriously I do think she's waiting, or like Lambchop suggested that they're still together. Quite honestly, on this show you just never know so I definitly don't rule that option out.

Hugs, cappuccinos, & cake,
    MJ :)

12. GregNickRyanFan

Someone was asked (probably someone like Ausiello) something about Calleigh and Eric ... something like when's she gonna realize she's in love (or something like that) and the answer was in Feb she gets a scare and being close to death makes people realize things or something. Anyway, I was thinking that with the deviousness of the writers, perhaps Calleigh will realize she loves Jake, not Eric. the way it was all worded was like it wasn't as straight-forward as we were being made to believe. I for one can read between the lines. :lol:

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

my thoughts...
    I think the wording was that her brush with death would make her come to appreciate those (meaning more than 1 person, wink wink) around her.
    Im with you though, it's terribly misleading, not to mention that these reporter people say garbage all the time.
    For one thing, who's to say she doesn't jump to find Jake or something....& secondly, "appreciation" is just appreciation, it's very easy to appreciate a friend who is always there for you - appreciation does not mean love though. There is an enormous difference, which Im sure you all are aware of. ;)
    Personally, I'd love a great ending with her & the whole team because they're like her family; when I see the word "appreciate" - family/friends is what comes to mind.

BTW, Im watching 'Going Under' right now on A&E!! :p Ya'll know how much I adore this episode...aww...good times!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yuppy, I'm so glad I've lighten up this thread 'cause honestly this lack of CaKe (well the one on the screen 'cause we, honestly, don't know what's happening somewhere else:devil:) is depressing!!!

Welcome back Lambchop & everyone else :D

Let's analyse your reasons :p
    1. IDK what you're talking about :p. I still that ending was pretty peculiar and good for us though it left us waiting along with Calleigh for Jake.
    But, hey, he left her waiting for him. I'm quite sure she's waiting for him 'cause we all know how she feels and we all know that she's always scared something bad could happen to him. So, if you ask me whether she's waiting for him, I say, with no doubts, YES!

2. We can't deny her change. Since her first meeting with Jake, she's a completely different person. Yeah lots of things happened to almost all the CSIs. But I still think that she was the protagonist of the most important event which could happen to this show: LOVE. We never had the opportunity to see a CSI flirting with someone outside from the lab (except for Eric during the first 3 seasons :p) and it was something refreshing to see on this show.
    Plus she flirted, she went on vacation (and we all know what happened in Antigua:devil:, there's no way to deny it LOL ), when she had difficult moments he helped her (you can't deny he helped her in SYG even if couldn't do it and he should have done it).
    Plus let's not forget they're hiding this relationship to everyone.
    In "Sunblock" Alexx said to Calleigh "I heard you two broke up" and after that nobody mentioned their relationship 'cause it's pretty obvious that nobody know anything about it.
    I still think that nobody knows what happened in "Resurrection". IMO they all think that Jake has disappeared (Ryan only know he's still alive) and they broke up long long time ago. We all know it's not true.
    Plus I don't think the old Calleigh would have helped a pregnant woman in the same situation of the one from "DeLuca Motel".
    Something changed and it's pretty obvious;)

3. oh TPTB I just love to 'hate' them LOL. They're just so misleading! :p

IDK whether they're seeing each others just becuase Jake told her he was going back to UC.
    Though, I'm pretty sure she's waiting for him, it doesn't matter whether it will be for a long time or not. She just want to know he's alive and ready to come back.
    As for her waiting, I can see her being there with their coffe machine (he must have bought it after BBYD :guffaw:), but IDK whether I can imagine her in her house waiting for him withouth nothing to do. I mean she's too active and I'm pretty sure she has some activities to do...maybe not knitting but cleaning her house everyday.
    I still think we should see her house so that I can really understand her character

**hugs back and takes her capuccino & cake**
    Thanks my dear :D

The spoiler was this one
    "There's nothing like a brush with death to make you appreciate those around you. Calleigh will learn that lesson the hard way this February."
    Here are my thoughts....
    We all know Calleigh will end up in the hospital because she hinaled too much during the firing of a house.
    Trust me this kind of problem can be very nasty also in the future.
    No wonder why she ends up into the hospital in pretty bad conditions.
    All I'm trying to say is that it's pretty obvious she'll learnn to appreciate thouse around her. I mean she almost dies there's no way she can't appreciate those around her.
    Plus it's "those" so it's plural. It's not just about one person, it's about some people.
    It still can be about her dad (BTW is he dead in some bar of Miami?) and the person she's waiting for and doesn't come back.
    I'm pretty sure they'll never show him in this episode but consider the fact that Alexx will be Calleigh's MD so she could still do or say something in our favour:p.
    Let's be positive 'cause this 'spoiler' doesn't say anything new to me.
    Plus as MJ said "appreciate" doesn't mean what people tend to think. It still can be "she appreciates Alexx 'cause she saved her life". I think it's pretty obvious what this word means.
    So I'm not that pessimistic about that episode unless TPTB want to ruin Khandi's return. If they want to respect her I think it would be better not to write anything shipping in this episode, but that's my opinion:p

Oh I so miss that episode, though I rewatched it few days ago.
    Gotta love it!

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

& I agree. I know we've discussed this a million times since the epi, but it's one of those things that I thought was so important in what TPTB are trying to "tell us" about how Calleigh feels in particular.
    I have no doubts that there was something meaningful there between them, & I don't think Callleigh is the type to just drop the man & move on. Most of us have watched this show the entire time it's been on the air, & we've watched Calleigh with other "loves" - it just isn't the same as she was with Jake. Hands down - soooo different!!

There were just a million ways they could've "ended" the cake story, & I don't feel that they did. TPTB used Jake to make the viewers look at this as a triangle, but it never has been - & I can say that with no doubts for 2 simple facts -
    1. when there was a choice to be made in 'Dangerous son', she had already made it to be with Jake.
    2. In 'Ressurection' when TPTB tried fooling the audience that this was thier big break up & where she would make a choice - again - there was no choice she was making! It was completely clear that it was about her & Jake & where they stood as a couple...& if Cal had it her way Jake never would've left.

Long Live CAKE. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.