Baseball #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

The Jays have been busy again. They traded reliever Brandon League and minor leaguer Johermyn Chavez to the Seattle Mariners for Brandon Morrow.

Jays trade League to Seattle

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Never say we don't give you something. :lol:

Cleveland Indians trade Zach Jackson to Toronto
    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Indians have traded left-hander Zach Jackson to Toronto for a player to be named.

Jackson was one of the four players the Indians received from Milwaukee in the CC Sabathia trade in 2008. Michael Brantley, Matt LaPorta and Rob Bryson were the others. Brantley and LaPorta have a good chance to make the big-league club coming out of spring training this year.

Last season Jackson made the Tribe's opening day roster. He was optioned to Class AAA Columbus on April 22 to make room for left-hander Tony Sipp. He was recalled on May 27 and sent down the next day to make room for Tomo Ohka.

Jackson went 4-8 with a 6.05 ERA in 30 appearances at Columbus. He made 14 starts. He made just three appearances with the Tribe.

In 2008, Jackson went 2-3 with a 5.60 ERA in nine starts with the Tribe after the trade. He was Toronto's first round pick in 2004.

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I know it's still winter but Spring is in the air. Pitchers and catchers have reported for Spring Training :) and you know when Spring Training starts the end of winter is near, warmer temperatures will follow and the Toronto Blue Jays and the rest of the Major Leagues will be playing baseball soon :)

Go Canada Go

4. MelinaStellaFan

MelinaStellaFan Hit and Run

I love baseball I root for chicago cubs:)