9x04 - 'Manhunt' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 23, 2010.

1. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Sunday, October 24, 2010
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#904) "Manhunt" ​

WHEN THE KILLER OF HORATIO'S WIFE BUSTS OUT OF PRISON AND GOES ON A RAMPAGE, THE CSI's MUST DETERMINE WHAT HE'S AFTER AND FIND HIM BEFORE HE STRIKES AGAIN, ON "CSI: MIAMI," SUNDAY, OCT. 24

"Manhunt" - When the killer of Horatio's wife busts out of prison and goes on a rampage, the CSIs must determine what he's after and find him before he strikes again, on CSI: MIAMI, Sunday, Oct. 24 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS
    Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
    Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez
    Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
    Walter Simmons............................ Omar Miller

RECURRING CAST
    Memmo Fierro....................... Robert LaSardo

GUEST CAST
    Ivonne Hernandez........................ Melonie Diaz
    Elsa Hernandez................................ Faith Dyer
    Aaron Taber............................... Khary Payton
    Kenneth McGuire.................. William Ragsdale
    Joanne Connors........................... Annie Corley
    Tex Gilroy................................ Adam Dunnells
    Doug............................................... Ian Bohen
    Daisy....................................... Michele Nordin
    Lucy............................................... Vera Miao
    Beth................................................ Juliet Sorci
    Rhonda...................................... Jahmela Biggs
    Female Assistant......................... Heather Snell
    Unit Commander............................. JP Hubbell
    MDPD Officer Colby........... Ryan Christiansen
    MDPD Commander............ B. Martinez Birney

WRITTEN BY: Marc Dube

DIRECTED BY: Don Tardino
    RATING: To Be Announced

2. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

CBS has posted the extended preview. Can't put my finger on it, but Horatio is definitely back to his old self in this clip; he looks hot--confident and in-charge.

3. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

he looks fed up and definitely in charge of the officers-he has a personal reason to want to find this guy Memmo..any bets on Memmo getting a bullet to the brain by end of the episode? be the only way H will get any sleep at night cause this guy doesn't seem like he'll stop -heck maximum security prison didn't deter him did it?

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Initial thoughts on the episode...

So Horatio didn't quite get his man this time around (a rarity). Methinks the Meemo arc will continue throughout the season in some capacity. Bleh. :rolleyes:

Pretty interesting story, despite my qualms with the returning baddies this year. It was great to see the whole cast working this and there was some good acting from the guest stars.

Looks like the colour theme in this episode was white. :lol: Except, of course for the very pregnant Emily and the Angel of Death, Horatio. The man could use a little colour every now and again. :/

I'm not sure it was the most memorable episode, but I will admit that my attention was elsewhere near the end so I probably missed the most important part (sis filled me in).

Overall, pretty okay episode. I'm hoping the next one is a little better. :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I loved this episode. I am sooo glad Miami is bringing back people from previous seasons. (Erica Sykes, Joe LeBrock, Marisol's killer... Memmo? I never knew his name before. o_O)

I actually liked how Memmo was so ruthless. Like damn, he killed five people in just this episode. When he killed the two nurses I was like WHOA.

I also really loved how Eric SO badly wanted to shoot him, he really, really wanted to, but Memmo's daughter asked him not to. It was sad.

Aaaand Eric was looking particularly hot tonight with that stubble. :lol:

All in all, pretty awesome episode for me. :D I loved it.

6. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

H was the best an this episode..... Eric was great to i love his new look..... And its good to see old faces from past other seasons :)

7. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Pathetic. If they are going to write a two-part episode, please give us the common courtesy of telling us as much. Watching this d-bag escape un-killed is über stupid. They spent half the show splaying FCC-permissible expletives at this guy, and we don't get the common satisfaction of him getting shot in the eye socket for his misdeeds?

WTF?

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It was mentioned some time ago that Horatio would be dealing with Meemo(and or others from the prison break) through out the season.

9. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

Watching the episode and sharing what I think
    -First thing I see on Memmo's shirt: KIP (what means chicken in dutch so it is hilarious)
    - One caught and some H action whuhu xD
    - What the heck took the intro so long that's like the longest before a intro
    - Calleigh hads since the start of season 9 something with the witnesses or is that just me
    - Hospital killing how low can you get,,
    - and it's all about a child..
    -Is this gonna further great xD

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ugh. There badly needed to be 2 cases in this episode, it sucked! 45 minutes of chasing Meemo & watching him kill was nothing close to CSI. There was no science, no morgue shots, not even a real crime scene (I can hardly count them looking for evidence in the girl's room a crime scene). I don't mind action or Horatio/Eric teaming up to kill/catch the bastard, but there was too much of it in this one episode, imo.

Leaving Meemo to flee with the other dude was plain dumb. They should've known that other guy would be dead anyway, and that little girl wouldn't have been anymore scarred than she already will be from watching her psycho-freak of a father stand there with a gun to some guy's head! Just shoot his ass!! This was one time I was actually on Eric's side.

Not good, so not good. Fade to black was the best part of the episode. :rolleyes:

11. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

well I guess the chase is on and this season is all about the running around...and shooting lots of people in this case lots of innocent nice people just doing their day jobs..wow memmo now that's *&^% ruthless man! I like they way he cld Horatio "you can't even catch me?!" ha...just wait..

12. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

This was an alright episode but I agree with bill_az, the way it was written there should have been some sort of payoff in the end with Memmo getting it.

I don't get Memmo's reasons for shooting the nurses. Anyone want to fill me in? My TV's audio was acting up and I think I missed it.

I had a feeling the foster mom was bad though.

This episode was written like one from season 4-5 with all the action adventure. Even though I like action adventure shows and films, I think for a show like this, it should be minimal as the selling point is mystery and forensics

Rating 3.5/5

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hey Miami Fans. I come here to say that I really enjoyed last night's episode. I have only watched Miami a handful of times. The last Miami episode I watched was part of the trilogy. I enjoyed that episode as well.

Last night's shed a new light on my preconceived notions of this spin off. I really liked the character interaction, there was no emphasis on the on again, off again relationship between Eric and Calleigh. Just CSI's trying to catch a creepy guy.

I also didn't get why he shot the nurses after their response? Can someone fill me in on this villain's back story? I remember about Horatio marrying Eric's sister, but that was all I know about that storyline.

Loved Horatio's line during the standoff with Meemo's daughter. He said "This isn't about you, Today it's about her."
    To me I wasn't sure if he was saying that to Delko or to Meemo. That's what made it really intriguing and interesting. Very good writing there.

The ending was great. Very much like a CSI Vegas episode where you see the final victim and you know the perp is in the wind. But it wasn't overly dramatic with an explosion or a CSI in peril. Just how I like things. :D

So this season continues to have episode like this one, CSI Miami might have a new viewer.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The show was delayed again, thank goodness only by fifteen minutes this time.

It was an okay episode, a little boring at times, but okay. I'd give it a C+.

Ryan: Eric, you've got a piece of paper too?
    Eric: You know I do.

I wonder if the rhyme was intentional. :lol:

The foster mom and the bio-mom both looked familiar, but I don't think I recognized their names.

15. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

It was delayed... Again! Oh goodness... Thank goodness it wasn't delayed too much! If it keeps getting delayed the show will probably loose a TON of viewers!

Anyways, the episode wasn't bad... There was a ton of action which was great! However, I did miss all of the "lab" work and the autopsy scene which are always in every episode. Did we even see the lab during last nights episode? I don't think so. I love all the action, but I love the lab scenes too. Too much of either makes a somewhat "boring" episode in a way. An equal balance of both would be great.

Now about Memmo... That's it? They didn't catch him. Allow me to say :wtf: Horatio ALWAYS catches the bad guy at the end of the episode! ALWAYS. Or most of the time at least. And this time, he didn't? :wtf: Very strange. I hope this story doesn't drag on for more than another episode. I don't think I can stand to see that man out of prison or without a bullet in his head for much longer. How many more people must he kill?

Overall, not a bad episode, but not my favorite. I would give it a B+