"One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Grillows1st

Grillows1st Hit and Run

I agree, him just leaving the lab would have been better than what we got. I don't think i'm ever going to let this go though...rofl. It will take awhile. I was all :drool: from the TV Guide interview with Billy/Marg, sounded like my pair was going to get a chance finally. I guess there's always the 200th episode though.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I was never a shipper, and frankly I never really thought they had chemistry, but once the writers continued with the relationship I just sort of went with it. The romance was such a small part of show I really liked so... whatever. And I didn't mind them ending it that way. Plus, I REALLY like monkeys! :lol:

I will say I had tears in my eyes as the big guy took that last stroll through the labs. I'm gonna miss the guy and that's the truth.

And yeah, I did enjoy the whole episode. I liked it better than part 1. I also like that the new guy isn't perfect- he thought he could trick the serial killer into spilling, but he got shot down... and he got angry. It's going to be interesting to have a more "human" guy around. Despite the fact that I'll miss Grissom like no other, I'm still looking forward to next week's episode.

3. Gravity

Gravity Witness

That is an interesting remark you make. I think we all see Grissom in different ways. I see Grissom as a man who developed himself during several years; I actually found it interesting to see him change during all these years.

I haven't seen the whole epi yet, just some clips but from what I have seen till now: Some one else here made a remark earlier about it and I couldn't agree more: I had to smile when I saw him walking there with all these bugs around him, still Bugman but also a Bugman who found his true love and yes, I can't help it, I am a sucker for romance and loved the ending :p

+ His final walk through the lab, the contact with Catherine, perfect!

4. shaggy2

shaggy2 Victim

First, Grsssom never told Sara to leave. She left on her own. I don't see why you would be sad about a happy ending. I loved it! They belong together. Phooey to those who said they had no chemistry. There was always sexual longing in the looks they gave each other. As for those who wanted her gone, sorry. She'll be back at the end of this season and maybe next! So get over it. ;)

5. liz955

liz955 Victim

I'm not a shipper but many people have missed all the subtle hints the writers have put into the show over the last 2 years to "hint" at Grissom being still involved with Sara. Several episodes last year, after sara had already left, it was left open that Grissom was still in contact with her (or someone. I just assumed it was her). I recall several episodes where he would be exhausted and his cell would ring and he would answer with a very happy "hello". Even her visit and eventual leaving this season, was laced with double meanings and dual possibility. As soon as Grissom uttered the first "its time for me to leave", I knew he was going to her.

Is he the same grissom that started the show 8 years ago, HECK NO!!! Who doesn't change over 8-10 years especially at the age grissom is at. His own mortality is facing him and he finally realized (I think during the episode with the butterfly killer) that there is more to life than work.

Great show, great actor, great finish.

6. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

i am very mad with william petersen for leaving and saying he won't miss the character...what an insult to fans...

7. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ I really don't think he said that to degrade his character or his fans. It's obvious that he had a great time working on CSI and that he's had some of the highlights of his life/career playing Grissom, but he figured that after eight years of playing the same character on the same show, he needed to move on (just like Grissom did on the show. lol) and he hopes that the fans will accept it and move on as well, instead of sticking to the past. :)

I'm one of those who think the episode could have ended at where he turned around and left (and I actually turned it off when the screen started to fade lolz), but I had expected they'd do that so it wasn't a shock to me. Either way, now that all the cheesy is over, I hope we'll get the old school CSI back.

8. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Hello and I don't wish to insult you by this but using the term "Get over it." may insults the anti-GSR crowd. They are also entitled to their own opinions :) ;).

I myself do support GSR and am very happy with the episode.

I believe all of the characters have changed over the years, but the one who has changed most notably is Gil Grissom. He began to realize that just a life of work, wasn't really a life. His heart began to warm to his friends, and he realized how much they meant to him.

I think the changes began subtlely enough, but in season 5 I noticed a change in his demeanour. He cared and noticed life really is too short to keep living the way he was living. I saw that in this season he really altered his perception to his relationship with Sara. He comforted her, began to bond with her again. I think the major change happened in Grave Danger though, when he again realized a person he cared about could have been snatched from his life.

But this episode was well done. I liked how all the characters said goodbye to him in their unique style, though I thought Hodges became a bit snippy toward him. I loved Catherine's little wink to him near the end, that was a sweet scene. And of course I enjoyed the ending - be it cheesy or not - I thought it was right for Grissom. He opened his heart to someone, and he wants to be with her and have a life with her.

9. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

Very nicely put. I know at 32, I am a much different person than I was at 22. No one stays the same person they are their whole lives. Life is about learning and changing, and Grissom did that.

10. Veze

Veze Rookie

About GSR: Come on Guys, Are you really going to let the last 2 minutes of one episode ruin all of Grissom's era?

If it's too cheesy for you, just forget that part like I've done in season 6th with the last bedroom scene.

But I've also read most of us all want to see Grissom doing something like research after his lab reign. As far asI can see, he's joining the research crew in Costa Rica. So we know what is new life will be. And I just sees Sara as an extra. If Grissom is going to do field research, why don't do it where his lover is?

IMAO it will be pretty stupid for Grissom to join a reseach team in africa when he can go with Sara in Costa Rica. And that doesn't make him a love sick puppy.

So, for me, this episode was not about GSR in any way. It was about a serial killer on the run and Grissom's departure.

Hopefully, the whole GSR argument will stop now that WP and JF weren't on the show anymore.

Adios Grissom, You thought me well too and, like Nicky, I'll never forget!

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'd like to know why it's not ok to point out what you don't like about an episode but it's ok to point out that people shouldn't point out what they don't like about an episode. :wtf: Can't people ignore the "negative" comments like they're asking people to ignore parts of the show that annoy them?

Some people feel Grissom's last episode shouldn't come down to being about Sara and their relationship. The ending felt cheesy and drastically reduced the impact of him leaving and quite frankly left me with a sour taste in my mouth which over shadowed the rest of the episode. I'm not for or opposed to Grissom and Sara as a couple, but as someone who watches the show for the crime drama and loves Grissom as an independent character having the show end on a romantic moment cheapened the whole thing for me.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

No one as I pointed out a couple pages ago should feel they can't discuss the episode and what happened in it. As long as its done with respect and not insult (ie "Get over it", "if you don't like it leave", etc). This is where the "entitled to your opinion, entitled to disagree with said opinion" comes into play. I do agree if you don't like reading the negatives then when you notice it skip it, but honestly I think even reading the negatives could be good too, nothing can be all good and perfect, positive and negative can expand views and minds, as long as its done respectfully. ;)

13. willowsluzgsr

willowsluzgsr Civilian

I LOVED it!

Thinking back to season 3 and all those other angst-filled moments, I would never have dreamed that Grissom's character would ''pull his head out from that microscope'' and go after the girl never mind put her ahead of his lab!

When Catherine winked at Grissom as he walked down the hall it was great too. She knew who he was going to. He was finally following her advice from You Kill Me 8x08 when she told him to ''Go after her''.

The end scene created a full circle which started back in season one. We can see how much Grissom has progressed from emotionless Gruesome Grissom to love-struck emotional Grissom who is upping the ante and going after his family; his Sara.

Sara taking a picture of not the dead but of a live (Cute) lil' monkey and then Grissom standing behind her; looking so at peace was relieving for the audience. Sara turning around, as if she felt him gazing. Him dropping his bad and initiating the kiss was the important part.

He's came a long way, but finally Grissom is happy, and are the team (cath especially) for him.

TPTB have done GREAT justice for this character. I did worry from time to time over the years, but there has never been such a perfect ending for ship. The ship has offically sailed in sweet style. However, knowing TPTB, I don't think this is the last reference to Grissom and/or Sara. I dont think i'd be exaggurating if I said a marriage!

14. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

I haven't posted in forever with a new baby and such. Anyhoo.

I really liked this episode. I liked the case, the team figuring it out, everyone saying goodbye. I really enjoyed the Hodges scenes and look forward to his actions with Langston in the future.

I think people forget that Grissom has had several dates/romantic things over the years of the show. In the Pilot he was shot down by one of the lab techs afters a lame date. Then there were the episodes with Terri Miller. They had the date at the restaurant on Fremont when he got paged. There's also the episode where he shows up dressed nice and tells Brass "I was on a date." I think people have created a "hermetically sealed" Grissom that is not in line with the real actions of the character over the years.

Oh and don't forget about Lady Heather. I really like Melinda Clark and her interaction with Grissom...how could I forget about her in my origianl post?

With that said, I really liked the ending. He "uped the Ante" and left Vegas for a girl. He finally got his head of the microscope, will deal with the living. He gets to visit the rainforest again. I think it was the perfect evolution of the character and the relationship with Sara. It was a bookend to her appearance in "Cool Changes" where she dropped everything to come to him and now he does the same.

I'm interested to see where the season and other characters go from here...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  15. Jayceepat

Jayceepat Victim

I lost all respect for Grissom in season 5's Weeping Willows when he turned from an open minded leader into a judgemental, prissy wimp. I lost all respect for the writers when Season 6 opened with an episode that was so bad I turned it off about 3/4s of the way through. "Grave Danger" was a masterpiece of acting and drama and they followed it up with pure drivel. I've watched very little of the series since that time and have to say that the few episodes I did watch were strictly for George Eads, Eric Szmanda, Paul Guilfoyle and Marg.

These last two episodes reminded me very much of the Season 6 opening in that there was such a convoluted story that no one could keep track of who killed who and it didn't take long for me to give up caring. I am one of the viewers who never saw any chemistry between Grissom and Sara. I didn't much care for the Sidle character although I often realized that they needed someone like her to throw a monkey wrench into the great 'family' feeling that seemed to be present with the rest of the cast.

Maybe now that Petersen is through with the show and has taken his lazy behind back to Chicago where he can collect his 600,000 bucks an episode without having to do anything to earn it, we could actually enjoy the intelligent, quirky, absorbing show that originally caught the attention of the nation back in 2000.