Holiday Card Swap 2008!!!! Come join the fun!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Hello everyone!!!

I sort of have a reputation of only coming out of hiding for either a quick post or a mod post, but I'd like to break that and do something fun!!!

A few other forums (it started with the NY forum) do card swaps, and I thought this year, the regular Miami posters would like a chance to swap cards as well. Don't feel inclined to participate, but it is something I've done for 2 years in a row, and personally enjoyed it very much. I saved every single card I got, and it's cool to say I got cards from so many different countries and cultures!

Here's how it works.
    1. You send me your address
    2. On November 30th, I will give you the address list of everyone who has given me theirs. You cannot receive the list unless you give me your address.
    3. After November 30th, get your cards ready and start sending!!!
    4. Don't feel inclined to send a card to every single person. Times are a bit rough with economy and last year I spent about 30 bucks on stamps alone. So understand and consider this if you don't get a card from everyone.
    5. Have fun and be creative. I've gotten poems, magnets, and self made cards as well as regular holiday cards. It's a lot of fun to see the different country's stamps, and the different cultures on each of the cards. It's really a cool experience, but please be safe. After you are done with the list, please get rid of it.

Remember, November 26th is the deadline to give me your address. On November 30th, the list goes out. Have fun guys, I can't wait to see how it turns out this year!!! *bounces with joy* :lol:

2. arcadian7

arcadian7 Witness

how about an option to send email cards via email? I love creating stuff on the computer and have made CSI related wallpapers and what not. And maybe folks can share a few quick interests - like, who is your fave CSI M character to 'break the ice' a bit.

It's a great idea and a great way to get to know folks. I'm still very new and don't know folks all that well.

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm in! I love sending and receiving Christmas cards!

PS-I didn't see this on the NY forum. :confused:

4. Wyoming

As per the post about e-mail cards, that's up to you, but I can only handle addresses at this point. Involving e-mails and things would get wayyyy too confusing for me. If you want to do that, feel free to organize it here. =]

And for the above post, I don't know what they're doing over in the NY forum, but I'm pretty sure that a few years ago one of the posters wanted to swap Christmas cards and it kinda spread from there. *shrugs*

Feel free to ask questions here or via PM to either speed_cochrane or myself. =]

5. arcadian7

arcadian7 Witness

I suggest the email thing for two reasons - times are tough for a lot of folks and I know for myself I wouldn't be comfy sending my home mailing addy to folks I don't know - yet... yeah, I'm the nervous type but with good reason...

I'd be happy to assist with an email list if anyone wants to go there - all I'd ask is that folks provide their handle or whatever they want to be called if they want to give up a first name, their email addy, and maybe who their fave character/series is... it would help break the ice if we have some ground with which to kick off some new friendships.

6. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I love the email idea! I'm a little uncomfortable about sending out my address too. I'm definitely in for emailing cards! Count me in!

7. arcadian7

arcadian7 Witness

if you want to PM me your details, I'll start the list... hope that's ok with you, WhyoOoOming... don't want to steal your thunder...

8. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Curiosity question, Wyoming - how many people participated last year so I have an idea how much I'm looking at? 30 people is more than the rest of my card list, but it might be cool to send out say 15 or so. Thanks!

9. Wyoming

Last year it was like, 28, but as I said, you don't have to send a card to everyone. For a lot of people it can get incredibly pricey. I usually send to everyone, but sometimes don't get from everyone, but hey, it's the holiday season and completely understandable. It's just fun =]

10. arcadian7

arcadian7 Witness

I'd be happy to do email cards to everyone.

11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I'm in...I love meeting new people

12. Wyoming

It's been quite a few days, and I've only received 2 addresses. If I do not recieve more in the next few days I will have to cancel the card swap.

13. arcadian7

arcadian7 Witness

I think it's just a sign of the times. If the two would like to exchange email addys - I'd be happy to be included.

14. Wyoming

Actually, if anyone is still interested, Jaquie has a thread in the Misc forum where she is doing a card swap, and from what I've heard she's got about 9 or so, so there's more people involved there.

Follow the link!

15. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

I take it this forum's card swap is closed and we should go there for a whole board swap? I feel kinda awkward since I just lurk in NY from time to time....