Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: "Do it for us"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by adorelo, Jul 4, 2008.

?

New name?

1. My destiny in your hands...

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. A Ho No Mo' so let's get nekkid

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Between us

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Because I feel for you

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Do it for us

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Even nuns want to see some action!

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Without you I wouldn't know what to do

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

somewhereapart I love your C/E fanfics! I can't wait to read the next chapter...
    Would "babe" work, or "hottie" in your fics?
    If I think of anymore I'll let you know.

2. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

HipHuggers is happening this season. I can feel it in my CSI-obsessed bones. XD! Episode 2 of this season was amazing.

SomewhereApart: I'm really not sure what they'd use! And I watch Criminal Minds where there's a constant flow of endearments. Maybe they just aren't endearment kind of people.

3. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I can imagine Eric using "babe", but not often, just sometimes. It's always cute to me when he says Cal... I know it's nothing special, but to me it's cute. I can't see Calleigh using endearments, though. She just doesn't look like that type of person.

SomewhereApart, I can't wait to read more of your story, it's really, really good...

4. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I could completely hear Eric calling Calleigh "Baby" or "Babe". Same for Calleigh calling Eric either one. But, I just can't hear either of them calling the other "honey" or "sweetheart" or "dear". I could definitely hear either of them call the other a term of endearment in Spanish or Russian.

5. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I definitely wouldn't bother with endearments for Eric and Calleigh. They just don't seem like that kind of couple, in my opinion. But if they were to use endearments for each other, it'd probabaly just be like 'babe' or 'baby'. But who knows? 'Cause I sure as hell don't.

Now I'm interested to see on the show when (not if) they get together if are that kind of couple that uses endearments for each other. But I just don't see it.

Anyway, I noticed all the E/C sex on FF.net when I checked it this morning to see if there were any updates. And there were.:)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  6. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

I join to Jennifer and Marija Magdalena, fics were magnificent. Today is fine day. Girls-authors, you afforded great pleasure when I have found out all updatings and after read them.
    SomewhereApart, I think too, that these words do not belong to a lexicon E/C. I think their names - Eric, Cal - pretty short and sounds sexy for using them even in the intimate moments.

P.S. And I don’t know how in Spanish, but in Russian, terms of endearment don't sound gently and soft, more likes roughly. Therefore, Spanish is better. But IMHO, may be just my ear gets used, and for another's hearing it sounds beautifully.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  7. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

Wow somewhereapart i love your fanfics!!! your a really good writer :) i enjoyed them and i cant wait to see what you write next :thumbsup:

8. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Lol, I knew I should've waited a couple days or so to post my fic. Even Eric and Calleigh need a rest sometime. :lol:

It's so much harder for me to write endearments for Eric and Calleigh than it is for my other pairings. I don't know why, either. I don't see "sweetheart", and I don't see "honey". I can, however, see Calleigh slipping and calling him "baby" without even realizing it, but maybe that's just because I want to see the resulting grin on Eric's face. :D

Generally if I'm writing, I stick with "beautiful" or "gorgeous" if I use an endearment at all. They just don't seem to be the kind of couple where every other word out of their lips is some kind of sweet, mushy endearment. ;)

9. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

Firstly, *walks into EC thread and realises it has been centuries since she's been here*.

Jessica, I couldn't agree more. The only time I could see endearments being used with this couple would be when they're teasing each other. Eric might let them slip out more than Calleigh, but even so I still don't really see it. Sometimes in writing I'll stretch to honey, but that's about the extent I'll go.

I haven't had a chance to read up on all these new/updated fics (I'm currently drowning in Law work), but I will as soon as I get a chance. As for my writing, HA!

Why are there never enough hours in the day?

10. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Kaz! How are you?? We've been missing your contributions. How is law school!

On topic though, I don't think Eric or Calleigh would have too many pet names for each other. Maybe beautiful/handsome because they've used those previously. Honey possibly. They don't seem the type.

Just my opinion...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  11. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Has Calleigh used "handsome" in reference to Eric? I only remember her saying it to Horatio. But oh yeah, considering things they've said before - hot stuff! ;) It's perfect for a little playful teasing in the bedroom! :devil: :D And that situation is where I can really see the playful endearments like that coming into play. :D

I can definitely see Eric telling her what he wants to do to her, and Calleigh biting her lip and being all, "bring it on, hot stuff." :devil: :D

12. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

Thanks to everyone who has commented about my fanfic -- I'm glad you're enjoying it.

And thanks to everyone's replies re: endearments. I think for the most part, they won't be using them, but it was good to be reminded of all the nicknames they've used on the show (either with each other or other characters). Jennifer, I've thought about using Spanish endearments, but I don't really know any. :( Anyone have any suggestions in that area?

13. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Kaz, welcome back!
    Jessica, don't worry, it was a very good decision to post your fic. You have no idea how much we all enjoyed in all those fics...

I loved it when Calleigh said 'hot stuff' to Eric. I like it when they are so playful with each other. I miss it, we haven't seen it in a while. It's great that their relationship is getting more serious, they are realizing their feelings for each other and everything, but writers could give them one or two playful comments once in a while...

14. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

If you don't speak Spanish it's best to steer clear of using Spanish in your fics. I've seen people trying to use Spanish by way of translators and it makes me wanna decapitate myself. I'd say the most popular term of endearment in Spanish would be 'mi amor' but I don't see any of them using it. I wouldn't even use it. It's corny.

I can see them calling each other baby or babe every once in a while, but that's it. Maybe other stuff sporadically, like, you know, "harder" and "faster."

15. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

Maybe you could use the simple spanish words, i speak spanish b/c i live in spain, maybe you could use "guapa" which is beautiful or "mi amor" my love or even "te quiero" i love you that would be sweat :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.