The Warm Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlemegs

littlemegs Dead on Arrival

hi im new here
    just a quick question
    i dont understand how the whole civilian , victim, patholigist and csi level 1/2/3 thing works
    u know the thing under ur name

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Welcome, littlemegs. :)

This thread might help you out with that. :) The rankings used to be listed somewhere in the rules or FAQ, but since the move to vBulletin I don't think it's there any more.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, loseyou - we definitely like to share our opinions around here, but don't be afraid to jump in and add yours! :D

Welcome aboard, littlemegs! :D

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Welcome littlemegs, enjoy :D

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Welcome loseyou and littlemegs. Glad you guys decided to join us! :)

6. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I have been around for a few months, and some of you have already responded to me. Thanks!

I have a question that might be easily addressed here - under our screen names on the left of the posts, there is what looks like a title. I saw mine change from Victim to Dead on Arrival. Is there somewhere I can look to find out how that changes? Also, on the list of threads, there are different colors and there are some symbols. Can I find a list of what those mean?

Thanks for your help!

Beth

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yep, the changes in your title are due to your post count. You can find a list of them in this thread from the QSF forum. Here is a list of the post icons, other symbols that you can see include a red pin, when this is on a thread it means that the thread is 'sticky' so it is stuck to the top of the forum until a mod decides to remove it, it's useful from threads on rules, spoilers or any threads that people should look at in a forum or commonly look at (as they are 'stuck' on top it means that they won't move down the thread list in the forum if no one posts in them, unlike the other threads). Also, to the right of the threads you might find a 'tag' icon, if you hover over it you will see the items by which that thread has been tagged, such as character names, topic etc. For more information, here is the announcement about tagging threads.

I hope that has answered your questions, anything I've missed or you're not sure about then let me know, and of course you can ask in QSF or take a look through the threads in there, as they are full of good answers to previous questions that other people have had. :)

8. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Elsie - you are so helpful!

Beth

9. CSI_GEEK_GIRL

CSI_GEEK_GIRL Victim

Just wanted to say hello to all. Also thanks to all that have posted such yummy pix of Carmine and Eddie on the forums! :thumbsup::drool: So nice to have such wonderful eye candy!

10. Cyriusly now...

Cyriusly now... Hit and Run

*puts on newbie cap*

I'm actually an old time fan of CSI the original series, but since my interest tanked (along with the show, IMHO) I stopped watching. But thanks to Spike TV for playing the CSI: NY my interest has grown again in the CSI franchise. This particular CSI has quickly become my favorite. All the characters are top notch and the plot keeps ya guessin.

Ahh man how I've missed CSI. :p

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, CSI_GEEK_GIRL - the eye-candy is enough to give you cavities around here. :devil:

I'm glad you found NY and came to join the fun, Cyriusly_now... - this is definitely my favorite member of the franchise too. :D

12. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

As this thread has reached 1000 posts I just opened the new one here and tried to put some of the main links we were asked about ;) Hope you dont mind Elsie and Top :)

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Thanks. :) I'll close and unstick this thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.