"For Warrick" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 3, 2008.

1. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Re: "For Warrick" Season Premiere Discussion *SPOILERS*

That was a great episode. I almost cried to see Grissom hold Warrick. Nick is holding his tears back so he can catch McKeen. I thought Nicky will shoot him for killed Warrick and I'm glad he didn't shoot McKeen. I don't think Grissom can handle lose another one, he lost Warrick and he don't need to lose another one.

2. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Awesome awesome episode.

Amazing work by everyone.

I got a little teary during the funeral, seeing Nick there barely holding it together. And Hodges sitting with Wendy.

Loved the scene with Nick and McKeen......the sheer hatred on Nick's face.

Favorite lines:

Nick quoting the Godfather "Leave the gun take the canolis"
    Nick explaining that Warrick like his music loud
    And....."Missed."

3. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well, I totally thought this episode was amazing. Great acting, especially at the end. And I thought I was doing good, being all tear free like until Grissom stood to give his eulogy. That's when they started. Seeing the entire team was an added touch. Seeing the lab tech's in a somber mood as well as well as the CSIs, definitely completed the deal on them being family like.

One thing I am glad is that Nick managed to hold his own and not give in to McKeen's confession. I had a brief moment when I thought he would give in, and I kinda wished he did, but was happy in the end that Nick didn't give him the satisfaction of giving McKeen the easy way out.

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Yeah, I hear you. I live outside Seattle. CSI comes on in an hour. :eek:

From what I've been reading, this is one awesome episode. I can't wait to view it for myself.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Wow, seems like this ep is popular. I like it, considering the trouble we've had with quality lately.

Warrick's son, were the spoiler junkies right when they pointed back to Warrick yelling at Tina about "tell the father of your unborn child?" I thought he was older because the picture looked older but maybe I just didn't see it right, considering what we see at the end.

I wanna know what happened to the original plan of making this several eps long...the McKean chase that is. I know spoilers change but it's got me curious. BTW I identify with wanting NIck to shoot McKean. (another change...the spoilers had him being shot onscreen or shot at by Nick)

The funeral scene made me want to cry. And possibly write a fic after the series ends about the last part of CSI being all someone's bad dream when you combine this with Grissom leaving. *sniffle* The opening sequence as well as the videotape also made me cry, or want to.

I loved the GSR but was glad as many of us probably were that it didn't take center stage as they'd feared. Now next week...*isn't so sure* *stops there so no spoilers get out if someone decided not to watch the promo*

Did they ever mention anything about tire treads at the scene, or lack thereof? I was immediately going "They won't find any treads where they should be if a car sped away"

6. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I cried, like hard, through many a points.

Part of that comes from empathizing with the characters. Having been in a similar situation, I reacted like Greg and Brass (and I won't elaborate to save those who haven't seen it yet). So, it's safe to say that definitely colored my view on the episode.

Definitely enjoyed it, though. :thumbsup: I approve of this episode. :)

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Hey, Race, do you see how totally appropriate your sig NY quote is for this ep? Interesting choice there!

8. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^ Haha, no, I didn't notice that. It's been my sig for a while, but yeah, definitely appropriate right here.

9. saramarie2008

saramarie2008 Dead on Arrival

:( Yea, totally appropriate.. I'm glad he was cleared of the charges, and they were all together and happy before it happened.

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Very well done!! Warrick took center stage just as he deserved to, no other case was thrown in, the entire cast was highlighted grieving...just perfect in every way!

I was blown away watching Warrick die in Gil's arms. It was so devistating & gruesome watching him cough up blood & struggle. So sad, I felt for every one of them.
    I got teary-eyed during Warrick's tape, but the funeral was what did it.

This episode tops all of them. Gary Dourdan should be very proud to claim this episode as his own.

11. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

I just have to say I don't know what would've been harder for Grissom, arriving after Warrick died, or him dieing in his arms. That scene and Grissom being there with him all the way to the morgue just broke my heart.

12. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Wow, this whole episode had me near tears. I wasn't crying until Grissom did the speech at his funeral though. The show isn't going to be the same without Warrick and to tell the truth, I don't think I'll enjoy watching it since he's gone and he's not even my favorite character :(

13. WarioLoaf

WarioLoaf Civilian

WOW a very unique episode.

The funeral scene was great, though I didn't see Brass there :vulcan:

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Okay, I made notes while watching the show, so here they are:

Warrick looked like he wanted to tell Grissom it was Mckeen, but of course he couldn't speak. McKeen is such a liar :mad:. Nick looks in shock. Grissom's breaking down. OMG, Cath is heartbroken. Someone go hug her, quickly!

Greg looks like he's about to cry, which almost made me cry. I thought for sure he was gonna hug Grissom, but he didn't. Would have been nice though. Mandy crying in the breakroom with Bobby and Archie comforting her, aww... Wendy looked like she was about to cry as did SuperDave and Doc Robbins. Even Ecklie looked sad.

Loved the whole team coming in and hugging Sara one by one. Haha, she hugged Greg the longest (except for Grissom of course). Loved Greg telling Sara he was glad she was there. Nicky was teary eyed when he hugged Sara. But, he's trying to remain strong.

Ugh, McKeen spouting more B.S. :scream:

Greg volunteered to help Sara cause he wants to spend time with his best friend. Aww. So glad they got scenes together. Greg found the paternity papers. Surprised he was the one to find them. So, Tina's full name is Christine. Eli, cool name.

Nick is the first one to figure out that McKeen did it. Yay! Smart Nicky!
    When Nick told Griss and Cath his theory, I saw a tear in his eye. I wanna see Nicky's reaction to the news about Warrick's son. I wonder if Warrick told his best friend.

Now Greg's searching for hits from the prints on the glass in the hotel room. Nicky looks pissed about McKeen and Pritchard.

Okay, the chase is on. Good job, Brass keeping McKeen on the line long enough for Archie to pinpoint his location. Lot of Archie in this episode. Loved that! They should add him to the opening credits too. :sigh:

Nicky's going after McKeen now. He's found him. Oh he's so pissed he could spit venom. :lol: McKeen's spouting off insults about Warrick. Nick says "Shut up!" McKeen spouts off more insults. Nick: "I said shut up!" OMG! Nicky's hand is shaking, he's so angry. He wants to kill the sob. :lol: Loved the "miss" comment. Cracked me up. Go, Nicky! So glad they let Nicky catch the bastard! He didn't get to be the one to find Warrick (why wasn't that explained anyway?), but at least he got to catch his best friend's killer. I'm sure Warrick knew he would.

Okay, now it's the funeral. Where the heck is Greg? Oh wait, there he is! I must have a small tv screen. :lol: Nicky's finally letting some tears out. Cath cried the most though.

I really wanted a scene where it's after the funeral and Nicky goes up to Tina and asks if he can hold Eli. That would have been sweet. It would be nice if he told Tina, "Rick was my best friend and this is his son, so if he ever needs anything, don't hesistate to call me." I really really wanted a scene like that.

Glad they caught McKeen and didn't drag it out all season long.

The episode was good. I give it a solid A. Probably would have given it an A+ if the team had hugged each other in addition to just hugging Sara. And if Nick had found Rick and if Nick had been the one to call Greg instead of Catherine calling him. I think Nick and Greg are closer than Cath and Greg are. Why was Cath the one calling him? She looked to be more distraught than Nick. I guess maybe Nick couldn't bring himself to tell anyone that Warrick was dead. I wonder who told Tina. Probably should have made this episode two hours long instead of one.

But, a good ep none the less. :)

==

Brass was at the funeral, WarioLoaf. He was sitting in the pew across from the team. Brass was sitting with other cops.

Would have been nice to see Sofia, Vartann, Cavalier, Vega, Sgt O'Reilly, etc there too though... And Jackie. She's been MIA for a while now.

15. WarioLoaf

WarioLoaf Civilian

Looking at the recording now, yea I missed him.

I agree, would've loved to see O'Riley back for just this one episode, even though Skip lost like 120 pounds.