Rikki's Coming Back! (formerly Bring Rikki Back!)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Kimmychu, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

[​IMG]

Jacqueline Pinol
    first appeared on CSI:NY as Rikki Sandoval in episode 4x11, Child's Play, and went on to appear in three more episodes after Rikki's son, Ruben, tragically passed away after a robbery gone bad. In just four episodes, she's left a deep impression on many viewers.

It would be wonderful to see Jacqueline on screen as Rikki Sandoval again in season five. :) If you're interested in seeing Rikki back on CSI:NY once more, feel free to send feedback to CBS or post a reply in this thread!

Update:

As of July 9th:

Thank you, CBS, for bringing Rikki back! :D :D :D It is highly appreciated!

Also, Jacqueline Pinol sent an email to say:

Isn't she a sweetheart? :D :D :D As Top41 said, what a classy lady. :cool:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Re: Bring Rikki Back!

I'd love to see Jacqueline come back. She didn't have many episodes on the show, and she didn't have many scenes altogether, but she had scenes that required a great actress to pull them off - and she came through with flying colors. Rikki's shock and terror at finding out her son was gone, her heartbreak and desperation when facing Ollie in 4.13, her obvious internal conflict about what was going on with Danny, the resolve to leave (but the way she obviously didn't want to hurt Danny in the process) - the bulk of her presence on the show required a lot from her, and she definitely delivered!

I had never heard of Jacqueline before CSI:NY, but just those few scenes have convinced me that she's a very talented woman. Not only is she talented, but I think her performance brings out the best in Carmine's performance as well. The emotional scenes between them were particularly powerful, and I would love to see them work together again. I don't know how she'd be back or why, but I would look forward to seeing Jacqueline on CSI:NY again. :D

So bring back Rikki!

3. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Bring Rikki Back! I'd love to see Jacqueline come back. She's got it all, talent, beauty & a character with tons of potential. Not to mention the chemistry with Carmine! ;)

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

TPTB need to make this happen! :D No doubt about it, Jacqueline is a great actress and her scenes made an impression.

5. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I would love to see Rikki back in season 5! Besides being such a wonderful and deep character (and being played by a wonderful actress), her character brought out alot in Carmine, and thats something we havent gotten the chance to see over season three and part of four. Its also great to have a reoccuring character that isn't a CSI or police officer or member of the team-it allows us to see the CSIs in life outside the force and their jobs-and its wonderful to see.

So yes. Bring back Rikki =]

6. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

I, for one, hope they don't bring Rikki back. Danny's been through enough, and bringing her back would just remind him of Ruben and would bring all of his guilt back. He needs to heal, and start re-building his life, including his relationship with Lindsay.

I'm not saying this just because I'm a DL fan. Jacqueline is a great actress, and her scenes were powerful. But I think that storyline has gone on too long, and they need to let it go.

PSG xxx

7. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I definitely want to see Rikki return to CSI NY next season! Compelling character, excellent actress. And it's nice to see the character of Danny have such jaw-droppingly great chemistry with another female character - something we haven't seen in a long time, except possibly with "Nixon" from The Suicide Girls... ;) Hopefully we see the Return of Rikki! :thumbsup:

8. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Hell yes!
    She has such a powerfull apperance.
    In the few scenes she was in she made a big impression which says enough

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree! Having Rikki as a recurring character would do nothing but good things for CSI: NY and Danny's development as a character. Ruben's death isn't something that Danny should ever "get over," and I think having his mother continue to make appearances on the show would be a good way to show that. It would also show that Danny is capable of forgiving himself and healing without having to distance himself from Rikki, which is a good thing. It doesn't have to be and shouldn't always be in the forefront, but Danny should change as a character because of the tragedy of losing Ruben on his watch. Also, Carmine and Jacqueline have amazing chemistry and the two characters keeping in contact would be compelling, sometimes messy and realistic regardless of any further sexual/romantic relationship.

Judging from the statement on her website, Jacqueline Pinol is on board for returning, so please make it happen PTB!

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

W00t! Good to see such positive reactions from you all! :D Indeed, having Rikki back as a recurring character would be excellent for CSI:NY and Danny's development! :D :D :D

The thing is, it isn't her who's constantly reminding him of Ruben, it's himself.

Why is it her return must automatically only result in hurting him and not heal him? Seems to me that her leaving hurt him too. So it's equally likely her return and her patience and obvious care and affection for him will help him to heal and rebuild his life. What Danny needs is a woman of strength who'll give him the genuine support he really needs and not treat him like crap for selfish reasons. Like I said in the spoiler thread, real life is hardly black-and-white.

As for his 'relationship with Lindsay', the jury is still out on that. Interesting ... No one seems to remember it's Lindsay who's adamant about 'getting over her feelings for Danny' and told her boss it was 'so stupid of her to ever get involved with Danny'.

Agreed! TPTB bringing Rikki back is already a great sign of continuity, but showing changes to Danny in the aftermath, especially something really different and outstanding like him forgiving himself and healing without having to distance himself from Rikki would be amazing.

I, for one, will be hooked to the TV screen every week! Please bring Rikki back, TPTB! :D

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Please bring back Rikki. She was great last season and bringing her back would only make the show better. Her chemistry with Danny showed tremendously and it was be brilliant to see what the writer's have in store for this wonderful character.

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Yes, Bring Rikki back, pleeeeeeease!!! Jacqueline Pino is a wonderful actress and Rikki is a great character. I'd love to see her back as Rikki thus giving Jacqueline and Carmine a chance to work together some more since they play so well of of each other. I'd love for her to be a recurring character.

Danny is his own worst enemy and he always will be. Ruben was a child. Danny cared a great deal about him and he died. Danny is ALWAYS going to be reminding himself of Ruben and if Danny and Rikki can heal together, I think that's great.

I totally agree with this. Her return could very well heal him depending on what TPTB intend to do with Rikki. She has the strength he needs to be himself. He doesn't need somebody needy. He's too needy himself.

Danny will probably always blame himself for Ruben's death but just knowing that Rikki didn't and doesn't blame him has actually helped to heal him. Just think how he would have felt had she blamed him.

13. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

oh god NO. she was already in 3 episodes too many.

I didnt like the Ruben story line from the beginning but they really overused the mom. I already said my Hasta nunca to her. I dont need the nightmare to continue. like there wasnt enough annoying things on the show already, no need to add another one

14. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I definitely think they should bring Rikki back as a recurring character. I think they can do it well, and it would be a great thing for both Danny and the rest of the show.

It would be nice to see someone other than Mac interact with someone outside of work.

It doesn't have to be huge, but I'd like to not see Rikki and Ruben drop off into the black hole of continuity. Yeah, sure, Aiden and Louie need some company, but not from Rikki.

15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I don't know why Rikki should come back. People always tell this is a show about crime. So why bringing her back? She's no cop, she's not CSI. Which role should she play? And- if we want some character storyline, why not brining back Louie? He's Danny's brother and we still don't really know what happened to him since season 2.