Episode 6x21 - 'Going Ballistic' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 16, 2008.

1. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I second and third that! Thanks for the promo.

2. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

MaddyAnn, your banner's too big sweetie, if you could resize it to 75x220 that would be great :)

I really hope that Julia doesn't have a huge part in this plot, she's starting to become a second Marisol...only she's alive. It's so unrealistic that Horatio has the wit and charm to score gorgeous and severely younger women. And I really would like to request that the wardrobe committee keep her puppies in their place, they're always popping out at us, and it's very disturbing.

3. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

Ok, I agree. :guffaw: I hope we will have the chance to see a bit of everyone in this ep, not just H. You know, all the team in the same way as it was at the beginning...

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I also agree with the comments about Corey Miller. It's great seeing an episode coming from him, as we haven't seen one from him in a while. Not to mention he has a great passion and talent for writing.

5. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

LMAOROF!!! It would be nice if she could keep keep her clothes on. But I have to say, she's not nearly as nice as nice as Marisol.

6. Thank you very much for the promo. I don't get to see any of it until it gets posted here so I greatly appreciate everything.

The lottery results and the start of nightly news shows up as soon as the narrator guy opens his mouth for next week's eppy info.

Anyway, I can't wait for Monday's episode. It looks quite promising.

xoxo
    elizabeth.

7. Megamel

Megamel Victim

Will this be the finale, or are there more episodes after? I can't wait to see it!

8. Della

Della Police Officer

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  9. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Thank you. For some reason, people from CBS don't like foreigners :)confused:) so I can not watch that. Too bad, I really wanted to see it. :( If somebody posts it on Youtube, a link would be highly appreciated.

10. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Thanks for posting it Della :)

Ok so the whole shooting is staged so people think H is dead and he's free to go after Ron Saris who's a threat to Kyle and Julia. Somehow I knew that had to be it. Like I said tptb wouldn't ruin the air of invincibility about H.

So much for wishing he'd get shot for real....

Still looks like an exciting episode. And I love how EP said they always have a ball shooting the show. Great to know they have fun doing what they do.

Hey Marija I'm not from the US too but I could watch it. At first I thought I couldn't too, you just gota be patient take a real long time to upload.

11. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Oh, thanks, I'll try.

12. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

The video never said that the shooting is staged....

Here's the extended promo for the episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ryr1jr0g0A

Now listen to this snippet about the bullets they are dealing with:

Tripp: Any shot's a kill shot!
    Calleigh: Body armor or not.

So even if the shooting is staged, there is a high chance that H might just forget, or underestimate, what type of bullet he is going up against. He might think that kevlar will protect him, but as a result of his misunderstanding, get truly shot.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  13. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I can't wait!! I bet we get to see Super H!

14. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Wow, you're actually the first one I think I've seen who's excited about Super H. I can't stand Super H. I'd actually like to see Horatio as more of a human. Though it seems in this episode that we're going to see a lot of the lab coat from him. That's a plus ;)

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I found an interesting article published in 2005 stating that it's possible for bullets to penetrate vests, causing serious damage. Though those were made with a material called 'Zylon' and police agencies have been switching out Zylon vests due to safety concerns. Just some interesting reading on the topic.

So I agree that H might be seriously harmed even if he's wearing vest. There are a lot of factors that contribute to whether or not one is protected--there are many different kinds/grades of kevlar. So it depends on what kind of ammunition is being used (AK-47 for example is probably strong enough to cause some damage. Most police agencies want to protect against common threats like .38s, .22 rifles, 9mm, etc.), what distance from the vest the shot came from, if environmental factors such as humidity/excess ultraviolet light or repeat washing/bleaching caused the fibres to degrade, etc. even after waterproofing.