CSINY Season 9

On the renewal front, following the ratings increase for Unforgettable‘s season finale on Tuesday, the renewal chances of the freshman drama also seem to have gone up. Veteran utility player Rules of Engagement also looks good at the moment, while A Gifted Man is unlikely to continue and Rob has been very quiet. Things are still murky around the two CSI spinoffs (the mothership series has been renewed). The drumbeat early on that one of the two will definitely go away has quieted down, and with Jerry Bruckheimer’s pilot Trooper not going, there is speculation that the CSI franchise may cheat death and come back intact. Both sequels are profitable for CBS as they have off-network syndication deals and are big international sellers, along with the main CSI series. Only a week ago, the three CSIs were recognized as the three most watched drama series in the world by the Monte-Carlo TV Festival.

Source: Deadline http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/primetime-pilot-panic-cbs-edition/

:wtf:Not that I'm complaining, but, I thought a week ago one was definately going. Here's hoping this specualation is the right one.

:wtf:Not that I'm complaining, but, I thought a week ago one was definately going. Here's hoping this specualation is the right one.
i was completly convinced that both csi will make the next season, but since the last (u.s)ratings come in, im not so sure anymore.the international aspect was a argument, bottom line if the us ratings are on a downswing, the balance between pro and contra will be a difficult decision to make.

Well CBS majorly dropped across all the shows and time slots this past Fri. Why I don't know, but NY was hardly alone in a struggling CBS demo yesterday.

Just saw this Tweet from an hour ago from TVGuideMagazine:

It's looking like CBS may decide to renew "CSI: NY" but cancel "CSI: Miami" after ten seasons.("CSI" is safe.) Stay tuned for confirmation.

I hope it turns out to be true.

Just saw this Tweet from an hour ago from TVGuideMagazine:

It's looking like CBS may decide to renew "CSI: NY" but cancel "CSI: Miami" after ten seasons.("CSI" is safe.) Stay tuned for confirmation.

I hope it turns out to be true.

i dont. CSI:NY has already had 2 chances to write a proper finale....and they've both sucked. they can't mess up the show more the they already have lol

CBS Renews CSI: NY, Cancels CSI: Miami

CBS has made their decision on the two CSI spinoffs.

The good news is that CSI: NY has been renewed by the network. However, the network has decided to cancel CSI: Miami after its 10th season.

CSI: NY will be returning for its 9th season. It was on the bubble, but is hanging on thanks to good performances on Friday nights. CSI: Miami, who’s been shuffled around the schedule these past few seasons, is the most expensive of the series to produce. CBS had to let go of one of them.

The original CSI has already been renewed for its 13th season.

Source: http://tvdonewright.com/2012/05/cbs-renews-csi-ny-cancels-csi-miami/

TV Guide are reporting that CSI : Miami has been cancelled and CSI: NY Renewed

It looks like the case of CSI: Miami... (David Caruso removes glasses here) .. is coming to an end after 10 seasons.

Insiders tell TV Guide Magazine that CBS will announce this week that Miami, the second in the CSI franchise, has been canceled — but that the original and NY versions are safe. The move is not a huge surprise; CBS almost canceled one of the shows last year as well, but the two CSI spinoffs earned a last-minute reprieve.

Not this year. CBS has an embarrassment of riches on its schedule, and could afford to let one of the CSIs go, even though they still perform well for the network. At 10 seasons, CSI: Miami is an expensive show to produce, and it has already minted more than enough backend syndication money for all involved.

CSI: Miami debuted in September 2002 and will have aired more than 230 episodes. Sources say there are no plans to shop it elsewhere. Will you miss Horatio Caine and crew?

Source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/CBS-Cancels-CSI-Miami-1047457.aspx

WORD!

CBS Renews CSI: NY, Cancels CSI: Miami

CBS has made their decision on the two CSI spinoffs.

The good news is that CSI: NY has been renewed by the network. However, the network has decided to cancel CSI: Miami after its 10th season.

CSI: NY will be returning for its 9th season. It was on the bubble, but is hanging on thanks to good performances on Friday nights. CSI: Miami, who’s been shuffled around the schedule these past few seasons, is the most expensive of the series to produce. CBS had to let go of one of them.

The original CSI has already been renewed for its 13th season.

Source: http://tvdonewright.com/2012/05/cbs-renews-csi-ny-cancels-csi-miami/

TV Guide are reporting that CSI : Miami has been cancelled and CSI: NY Renewed

It looks like the case of CSI: Miami... (David Caruso removes glasses here) .. is coming to an end after 10 seasons.

Insiders tell TV Guide Magazine that CBS will announce this week that Miami, the second in the CSI franchise, has been canceled — but that the original and NY versions are safe. The move is not a huge surprise; CBS almost canceled one of the shows last year as well, but the two CSI spinoffs earned a last-minute reprieve.

Not this year. CBS has an embarrassment of riches on its schedule, and could afford to let one of the CSIs go, even though they still perform well for the network. At 10 seasons, CSI: Miami is an expensive show to produce, and it has already minted more than enough backend syndication money for all involved.

CSI: Miami debuted in September 2002 and will have aired more than 230 episodes. Sources say there are no plans to shop it elsewhere. Will you miss Horatio Caine and crew?

Source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/CBS-Cancels-CSI-Miami-1047457.aspx

WORD!

IF that's true, the big question is, how many episodes? Will it stay on Friday night?

Sad to see my favorite of the series go. But I look at it this way, CSI: NY has one last chance to kill Lindsay off! :lol:

^LOL! :lol:

I'm really surprised they decided to bring CSI: NY back over CSI: Miami. I always thought the latter did really well internationally, but I guess it must have been pretty darn expensive. Yay for CSI: NY! The show has cheated death twice now. :cool:

The only thing I'm seeing officially is that Miami is done. I'm not seeing anything confirming NY will be back. I personally think both S7 and S8 finales were really good and hope they come back for another season.

And as long as they come back I can continue dreaming they will really kill off Lindsay, too. LOL Danny would make a great single father.

I can't say I'm shocked, but it did come off as a pleasant surprise. I had heard that others were rooting for NY to get the renew (no offense), so I wasn't so terrified of the finale this time.

Back