Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

If CSI Miami was to come to an end, I don't see Ann Donahue or the other writers killing his character off. What I would like to see is Horatio become Captain, Kyle comes home, gets married, and comes home with a new baby, making Horatio a Grandpa, Julia is released from the Hospital to be with Horatio and Kyle. Julia will be a Grandma! Oh my Gosh, this is making me feel OLD!
    Just make it one happy family. I feel "H" still has feelings and love for Julia.

All Horatio Fan's, in my opinion, would like that! Maybe after CSI-Miami, we might see a new show that circles around Horatio's life in a new twist? It's never too late for Horatio!

2. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

I, too, have been thinking of seeing H as a grand daddy, haha Grand Daddy Caine! Maybe because so many people I know are popping out kids right now. Kyle's roughly my age, so its not beyond realism. But that baby would have to come out with red hair!!

3. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Ugh... if I never see Julia again it will be too soon! She has caused H and Kyle enough pain. If Kyle comes home, I'd like it to be just him and his dad. IMO, Julia doesn't deserve to call herself his mother after all the times she disregarded his wellbeing.

Wow - Grandpa H! That would be awesome and very cute to see!

But first things first, we need Kyle home!

4. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

Furbi, I understand your emotions, but recall, Julia had a mental problem. Yes, I agree, she does not deserve to be called his mother at all, but in the show, she is.

If this was Reality TV, I wonder how Kyle would think coming home from the military, and she is standing there with "H"? Do you think Horatio would have a problem getting her from the mental hospital just for Kyle to see his mother?

Yes, I agree, she did some horrible things and they were things that were not in Kyle's best interest as a young boy and teenager, even hiding the fact that the "H"-Man was his dad! Put yourself in his position. Would you turn on your Mom, after she has gone through metal treatment? If Julia has turned her life around for the better, Kyle should always love his mother and accept she does have a problem.

He's a man now, and he understands. A man should help and love his mother, "UNLESS" there is a problem that mentally can't be handled by family.

5. Furbi

Furbi Witness

It's doubtful Elizabeth Berkley will ever return to the show, but supposing she does, if she somehow manages to make a turn for the better by 1. Taking her medication as she should and staying off all others 2. Leaving her life as a con artist behind and 3. Apologizing to Horatio and more importantly, Kyle, then I suppose he could forgive her. But she has made so many poor judgments that she will never be the good mother Kyle needs or the mate Horatio deserves.

If bringing Kyle home means bringing back Julia, I'd prefer he stay out of the picture. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll return or at least be granted a mention in season 10 and the Renee/Horatio romance actually happens.

6. Court

Court Prime Suspect

The mental illness part never bothered me so much, but, to me, Julia's character as a whole was just so pointless. I think it would be a tragic mistake for the writers to bring her back, especially if this ends up being the last season. It's just opening a can of worms that needs to stay closed.

If they are going to focus on giving H some closure, yes, bring back Kyle, yes - please GOD, let him finally FINALLY move past Marisol's death (another pointless character), and I guess let him live happily ever after with someone. But I don't forsee that someone being Julia. There's too much damaged baggage between them.

7. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

One of my favorite things on the show is Horatio/Kyle interaction. At first it sounded like a weird storyline, but it wound up being really great. They have excellent chemistry, and David is so awesome at showing the fatherly side of himself. I'd like to see Kyle maybe join the team in the end or be involved with law enforcement somehow. :)

And I agree, I do NOT want to see Horatio killed off at the end. That would be so awful. I think it would ruin the show for a lot of people.

8. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Pretty much all the Horatio fans strongly object to his character being killed off. Therefore I hope CBS doesn't do that and leave the viewers with a sour taste in their mouths.

Me, I will cry either way when it ends :( :(

9. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I agree Furbi, us Horatio fans don't want anything bad to happen to him in the finale of the series or before. I also would probably feel like crying when the show is over.

The big difference, between a bad ending and a happy/good one is that I would have a good last image of Horatio, as opposed to a bad one.

10. Furbi

Furbi Witness

So true!!! :D

11. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

I disagree- I'd like to see Horatio go back to his old roots and deal with the past: New York and the death of his mother and issues about his father and regroup and recoup with Yelina, Ray Jr. Suzie, and Madison. Clear up the mess over Rick Stetler who should have never been written up as a crooked cop.

Forget about this Renee person and leave Julia where she is. Kyle of course, should be the one true to the part of Horatio's life journey that says some one he loves must die- let him get killed in Iraq: I've never believed that he is his son and I've never accepted that a young person that has raised themselves can ever accept someone as their father as a father figure- the most that person could be is a friend. I just can't stand the character at all and the idea that he might show up in the new seasons gives me hives just thinking about him. Please let him GO...somehow.

I don't think that Captain Caine sounds as cool as being a Lt. and I doubt that Horatio would want to sit around at a desk.

Would love the NY business as a NY/Miami cross over. Nice to see the thread still active and that opposing ideas can be expressed.

12. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Aww, I love the idea of H being a grandfather! I doubt it would ever happen on the show, but what a cute picture in my mind :)

Of course the baby would have red hair! Carry on the Caine legacy ;)

OK - something else I don't think we'll see, but I want to know how you feel about it: suppose Horatio finds a new life partner (be it Renee or someone else) and has another child of his own??

13. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I'd think that it would be too cool but then everybody will complain it's too soap opera...I see an added dimension to his character and for him what a challenge to run home for a new baby while demands of a case weigh on him-make for some good emotional moments but the writers don't seem to eager to move anybody else on the team into 'life events' nobody getting engaged, married, babies,etc...pity.

14. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Holly, either you're a mind reader or that saying "Great minds think alike" applies to you and me. You stated how I feel better than I could if I tried. I'm not gonna try. I'm gonna pick up from "I think it would ruin the show for a lot of people."
    It would certainly ruin the series for me. I wouldn't be able to watch it on tv or DVD ever again.
    When the series comes to an end I'd rather see Horatio marry Julia and the 2 of them and Kyle become a real family. As is, Kyle is Horatio's illegitimate son. Last time we saw Horatio with Julia, you could tell he still had some seriously strong feelings for her. I love the chemistry between Horatio and Julia. Unlike Marisol, I can DEFINITELY see and feel the chemistry between Horatio and Julia. I never saw or felt any chemistry between Horatio and Marisol.
    Also, when the series comes to an end, I don't want Horatio promoted. I remember Horatio saying something in season one to Megan Donner about his office. Something like it was just a place to hang his hat when him and the team weren't in the field. The way he said it gave me the impression he's happier out the field. I think if Horatio got promoted and had to do 95% of his work from a desk, he'd be miserable.
    There's a good ideal for a fanfic: Horatio gets promoted but he's so miserable doing most of his work from a desk that he becomes suicidal. Natalia stops him from trying to kill himself.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  15. gsugirl

gsugirl Victim

I too have read that DC wants Horatio killed off at the end of the series. This puzzled me and then it dawned on me that DC might be concerned about future "remakes" of the series (maybe 15 - 20 years from the original) where a different actor would portray Horatio. David Caruso has created a unique character that he has developed since the beginning. It could be that DC doesn't want someone else trying to "redefine" his creation of Horatio. This I can understand although I wouldn't want Horatio killed off under any circumstances. Actors, like other artists, can be very "territorial" when it comes to their work. I am led to believe that DC doesn't want someone else to come along in future years and try to change his unique characterization of Horatio.

Now on to Julia. I don't want to anger people, but I see no redeeming qualities in a woman who has done the things that Julia has done. I don't see how Horatio (who used to have a well-define moral compass in Seasons 1-3), could resume a romantic relationship with a woman who is a "con artist". I always thought that the only reason that Horatio helped Julia out of her "jams" was to spare Kyle more pain, not because of his "love" for Julia. I believe that when Horatio saw the "real Julia", his romantic feelings for her "sailed".

I also find it strange that Julia's character was written off as "mentally ill". She probably is that, but isn't it odd that she always managed to take good care of herself (rich husbands, designer clothes, lavish homes, etc.) while others around her suffered. This woman defrauded charities and therefore made some her "money" illegally. She's sort of indicative of most of the young females on CSI Miami who are always "victims" of bad men (Ron Saris) and can't seem to make responsible choices and are never held to account for the choices that they make. I have more faith in "real women" than that. If Julia is a real woman, then when she gets out of the mental institution, let her turn herself into the authorities for defrauding the charities, reimburse the charities each dollar she stole (with interest), reimburse the State of Florida for Kyle's care when he was in foster care, and face the consequences about the "bribe" (she called it a "gift") that she paid to Kathleen Newberry to make her "disappear" in Kyle's kidnapping case. Witness tampering and bribery are felonies in alll 50 states in the United States of America. She could also turn "States Evidence" on Ron Saris and help get rid of that piece of scum. It is one thing to "say" you are sorry for the wrong things you have done, but is another thing to "show" you are sorry!

I guess what I am trying to say is that there are worse things in life than being single. If a romance with a "con artist" is the best Horatio can muster, he'd better stay single. Yes, he and Julia have Kyle, but they can learn to be Kyle's parents, and should expect Kyle as an adult to accept that they aren't "together" in a familial sense. This is just my very humble opinion.