Grade 'Exit Strategy'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 13, 2011.

?

How would you grade Exit Strategy?

1. A+

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. A

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. B+

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

What a perfect way to end a great season! I love everything about it. I'm still out of words to describe it. I watched it twice as of now!!!

I agree CBS won't cancel a show that's been a big part of the CSI franchise right away without hyping it to be the last. I'm optimistic about NY's chances for another season. The ratings weren't really bad. Pretty good for a show that underwent a shake-up. The show has lot more stories to tell.

For me, this is the best CSI finale this season. Miami is second and third is Vegas. One of the best episodes of the series.

A+

What's the title of the song in the end? Can't wait to download it from iTunes!

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  2. Ruth

Ruth Dead on Arrival

Holding on and letting go by Ross Copperman

3. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Amazing episode! Loved the story and it was a perfect way to end a season. :)

I agree with you totally! Loved especially the wordless scenes, Gary's acting is so powerful even without words. :)

Loved the song in the end. It made my tear up. It was indeed a closure and opening for the new things, future. I really think songs can speak give out much emotions as it happened here.

Have to mention, Adam in the end with that lamp! That made me laugh and the look on Mac's face could tell all! :lol: Adam is Adam gotta love him! :)

Also loved Danny's happiness with that exam result. And the picture is Lucy was just adorable.

Have to say I liked that cross Mac wore, even though it was kinda "new thing' I didin't see that as a bad thing. Especially when yo0u look at this whole episode it suited the theme.

Have to quote you one more time cause again I so agree with you. There was coupla scenes that got me head over hells! :drool::devil::adore:

Almost forgot I gave an A+ :) I really REALLY wanna NY have season 8 but if this is the end. There was no better way to end it. I'm happy. :)

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i'm gonna be the lone dissenting voice here (i suspect) and say i hope they DON'T renew it.

i thought it was a good ep - i agree with most of jade_nolan's points and it was a fitting end to the season and also the series if that is the case. i think i said to her at the time they showed the little montage at the end, something like "ah come on, there's no way they're coming back after showing that!" - and i think i was probably right. that montage was too final to come back from.

i did like it as an ep, for much the same reasons as jade but it pissed me off that after a dreadful season 6 and a mediocre (but with a few high points) season 7 they waited until now to prove they can still produce great episodes. if they'd thought of that half way through season 6 maybe there wouldn't be the imminent cancellation. and maybe i wouldn't be so glad to see it go.

when i say glad, of course i will miss it, having gary on screen every week is rather lovely, especially when, as last night, it's an ep he can really get his teeth into and that lets him really act instead of just coasting on stupid scripts. but i think as a series it's run its course - the last couple of seasons have proved that the writers are no longer capable of producing good episodes on a regular basis. you look at s1-3 by comparison and it's just no contest. it's a different show. i've felt for months that the scripts have been appalling, that the actors - and especially an actor of gary's calibre (ha, biased, moi?) - have been struggling to make it plausible given the dreadful material they have to work with. they've made a sterling effort and in some episodes they were able to redeem the sinking ship but it's been going on for too long and i think it's over. i hope it is.

don't get me wrong, i don't have some vendetta against it, i still enjoy it, but i would rather a show (or indeed anything) quit while it was ahead and went out still popular, with fans wanting more but having good memories of the show in the past, than limping on and on and getting even worse and getting to a point where even die hard fans just can't be bothered, where the actors are visibly fed up, and so on. i think csiny was getting to that stage. i'd like to think it could go now and be positively remembered rather than becoming worse.

but yeah, a good ep, i liked it. and gary was fantastic :D

i gave it a square C - it would've been a A- for the actual ep but the rest of the last two seasons and the fact that the writers waited this long to prove themselves, indeed until it's probably too late, has dragged it down. if only they'd shown us this ability 6 months or a year ago, i wouldn't have to say this.

5. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

If CBS doesn't renew for Season 8 the show has done itself proud. Its left up to the viewers to decide if Mac has resigned or not, and Jo would do a great job as head of the crime lab if he did.

It didn't leave too many loose ends, Mac wrapped up his last case, and each character was seen in the final montage sequence.

It also had a VERY subtle reference to the past, when Mac first opened the unsolved folder, it read "Det Assigned: M Taylor" and underneath "Det Assisting: A Burn". A series finale to do CSI:NY proud, and I wouldn't be sad if it didn't come back.

Its nice to see CSI NY hasn't forgotten Aiden, or its roots. A+ from me.

6. orvladi

orvladi Victim

Fantastic episode, I absolutely loved it. Let's hope it's not series finale. A+

Also, did anyone notice that Sid's autopsy report in the final moments of the episode was really about possible show's cancellation? "One of the perps must have moved the victim while he was still alive. Time of death - Friday, between 7 and 11 p.m.", LOL! :guffaw: It's not that hard to guess that it was about CBS, moving CSINY to another timeslot :)

7. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

To me it really did have the feel of a series finale. I would love another season and I feel like the ratings have been high enough for them to renew it.

I did enjoy the episode overall.

8. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I didn't notice that but certainly sounds like it.

I enjoyed the episode but after those final scenes, I'm nearly certain that it was the series finale. I will miss seeing Gary every week.

I thought the song at the end said a lot too. I teared up at the end when they showed all the characters. I will miss Adam a lot too. All in all I think they made the best of ending the season with a closing show.

I prefer that to what happened on Cold Case when they aired a cliffhanger and the show was cancelled. Not having an appropriate ending doesn't do anyone any good.

I also like Detroit 187, which was cancelled yesterday, a least they tied up their show because it was speculated early on that it was going to be cancelled. That was a shame too because I liked that show.

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I thought it was a great send off. The little girl with the gun gave me chills. And instead of Mac spouting some dribble about how her only 'true' parent is the one who loves her, he agreed with the Madison and said her 'father' loves her too. The scene were the officers killed him was so very touching. A very true scene from CSI NY. That part had me in chills.

But, I kept wondering where the 'big emotional moment' was between him and Jo. The ending was just like every other ending of an episode. I must have missed it. :confused:

If indeed, that was the series finale, CSI NY went out on a great note.

Unlike CSI, this finale was emotional and very realistic. Not that any of the CSI shows are that realistic, but more so than the finale of CSI. Funny, the time in two years the NY finale was better than the CSI finale. :shrug:

If it does come back, I hope it's with the same feeling when it left. I also hope it no longer is on Friday Night. Perhaps CBS doesn't know where to put it so that's why it's in limbo if you will. ;)

Grade: B

10. Hallie

Hallie Dead on Arrival

Well, I don't think that they have written themself into a box and should be canceled and i don't get why people are advocating that if you don't like the show why do you watch and come on fan boards. I think it was really smart they did it in a way for us to assume the ending they left enough bread crumbs it could go either way. Mac saying MAYBE he had enough but we don't see him actully quit and danny taking the sargets test that would take him away from the team but he is not sure he wants to do that so very smart ending i for one hope it comes back

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

I'm guessing this was directed at me since I'm the only one that advocated cancellation. well I watch and come on here because I am a fan, I've been watching for years and alway enjoyed watching and chatting with people here. plus I'm a huuuuge fan of Gary sinise.

that said, I think it's because I'm a fan I want it cancelled. sounds perverse I know but when I think something is great I'd rather it went out on a high than trailed off into a non-entity. I'd hate for csiny to become a terrible show and quite frankly I think it's in danger of doing so at the moment. the writing is not what it used to be and recently has been pretty bad, especially compared to earlier seasons.

y'know, being a fan of something doesn't mean you can't criticise it when you feel it's necessary. and I think it is. if you don't like that, tough, but don't go saying I'm not a fan because I don't meet your high standards of what a fawning acolyte should be. I won't kiss arse, even mac's, if I think something's turning to crap.

also i think gary's considerable acting talents are a bit wasted at the moment. if they give him some killer scripts to work with, like last night, great, bring it on. but if they can't, let him go and do something else.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I liked it but thought the CSI/Vegas was better for a finale. Mac's concern was so heart wrenching and thoughtful, this case for 9 years so bothered him. The little girl and his confrontation with here. He was great. It seems like Mac is burnt out though, he is a great actor/Gary as Mac and played this to the hilt. Is he leaving?:confused:

13. Grindigo

Grindigo Dead on Arrival

I thought the episode was brilliant! It wasn't perfect for me, I thought the script could have been a bit more evened out with the rest of the characters because I'm not a fan of episodes where someone in the main cast barely gets a minute of screentime.

14. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

agreed!!! And i thoroughly support you, just that right now, the sad fact of losing Mac is clouding my immediate judgement a bit.... :p

AGREED! HERE, HERE!! DITTO!! SPOT ON!! COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!! and all that...! :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, i'd sooooooooo rather see it end now on a quality high note instead of limping through a s8. Because if i'm perfectly honest, i do NOT trust it to stay at the caliber it has these last few eps. I'm afraid we'll get a return to s5 and 6 and it'll sputter and die in the end. On the other hand, if I knew ahead of time that Gary was going to be returning to stage (oh please oh please oh please!!!!!!!) or a serious movie, i guess i'd feel a ton better about wanting the show to end....

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

exactly, if it was a racehorse they'd just shoot it now! :lol:

gary, if you happen to be reading (ha, yeah, sure) PLEASE listen to this. there are better things out there for you and they're called plays :D