Eva/Natalia #4: Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Mar 29, 2011.

?

thread title

Poll closed Apr 10, 2011.
  1. Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. I am Woman, Hear me Roar

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Boa Vista - A Beautiful View

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Foreva Boa Vista

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Always There For Everyone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. More than what you think she is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It's about time, she's waited long enough

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. Let's Go Berserk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Berserk for Boa Vista

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Re: Eva/Natalia #4:

That's exactly what's been bothering me about the episode.
    When Natalia woke up in the van she had a mark on her cheekbone - Patrick had to have hit her to knock her out cold, or threw her in hard enough to where it left a mark & knocked her unconscious. It doesn't sit with me well that not only did Natalia overlook that, but tptb did as well just to make us more sympathetic towards Patrick (sidenote - at least the ex-wife & Eric acknowledged it though: "you're injuries,they're from him?"; "after all he put you through").

As much as I loved the episode, I just felt like we missed her DEALING with what she had been through. That said, maybe it was left that way because ...
    the storyline with Patrick isn't over. Like Goonie said, maybe she's forced to recall all those details while testifying.

I like that Natalia isn't taking anyone's crap lately, I think it's good for her. But it's not going to make her past go away or make her forget. I feel like she has yet to actually face anything or open up about it.....her hearing issue resulting from Nick's abuse, Nick haunting her in 'Sleepless', now Patrick.... she needs to get all this stuff off her chest.

2. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Re: Eva/Natalia #4:

You guys express it better. I want to know why she completely ignored what actually happened to her. The scene where the ex-wife asked about her injuries, she sort of has an apologetic look on her face. :confused: When others asked about her, she just continued to talk about the case.

She is generally an emotional person, it is always great to see her letting it loose.

I am still kinda iffy what will happen in the finale though.

3. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

As expected no continunity in this episode with regards to the previous, nothing new. I believe some of us would prefer if there was.

Nice to see her working with Eric, Walter & Horatio in the arena. And good scene with the wife. And oops she got sprayed by blood. Now we know the clipping up her sleeve was a microphone device (I don't know what you call it). :lol:

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ I figured everything would be back to normal with Nat. I guess in this case it was fine though....it isn't like her injuries were anything that would've lasted long anyway. I'm sure we'll see something in the finale with Patrick, some sort of flashback I'd assume....just to update any viewers who might have missed 'About Face'.

Back to 'Caged' -- she seemed to disappear from the episode after Logan dropped in front of her. I was expecting to see something come of that scene, but there was nothing. I thought she looked a little shocked, not so much by the saliva tossed her way, but more by the violence & the fact that this guy was knocked out & bleeding - yet everyone was still cheering. I liked how she kneeled down & put her hand on his back (through the cage)...she's such a sweet/caring person.

The scene with the wife was a little heartbreaking -- I don't think Natalia loves Nick anymore, but anytime there's a greiving widow I always feel like Natalia is connecting personally. The scene wasn't significant to the episode, but I thought Eva did such an amazing job with that little bit of dialogue..."take as much time as you need here, I'm so sorry".
    I praise Eva up & down all the time, but for some reason this particular scene just stood out to me in such a good way - it was so natural; felt like it was really coming from the character's heart, & not the actors mouth. One of the many, many reasons I love to watch Eva perform.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I felt the same way during that scene. I kept thinking, even though Nick hurt her and they were divorced, a part of her still loved him, or the man he was before he became violent anyway. I did feel that she knew exactly what the wife was going through.

6. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Lol, I'm gone for a few days and the threads a booming? :lol:

I was kinda disappointed with Natalia's time this week. She didn't really get to do anything (other than get splat at the arena - made me remember her scene in Hunting Ground - "Ew.")

Can I just say I'm reeeeally disliking Molly :shifty: Nat had to wait over a season to carry a gun yet newbie gets a cop out? And she got more action this episode too :shifty: (plus there's the whole stealing Ryan thing but I won't take this up on this thread :scream:)

Though the scene in the morgue was excellent - shows how great of an actress Eva is. :)

The promo for next week doesn't look too promising either :( I'm still hoping for the finale - let's pray that TPTB deliver on the "Patrick" storyline :confused:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  7. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Yeah, next week's promo looks kinda boring to me. Usually I expect the last few episodes to turn things up. The idea of them going after those escape convicts isn't looking that well anymore since Caged. Well I guess I don't expect any of them to top About Face. ;)

Yeah to also her sudden disappearance in Caged. I mean she was involved then suddenly she just vanished. Maybe she went to take a bath. But she didn't in About Face. Hmph! :lol:

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Well damn!

Patrick is not listed in the press release....guess we aren't getting any follow-up on 'About Face'. I wonder if the actor couldn't fit into thier schedule -- according to his IMDB page, he's quite busy with alot of other projects.
    That sucks though - I was hoping to see Natalia have something going on for the finale, aside from working the case anyway.

9. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

:censored: So you see this is what kind of thing that would happen!!! Now, there is absoutely nothing for me to look forward to anymore for the rest of the season. :mad: I bet TPTB cut the scene so that they can have some romance or whatever nonense going on instead. :rolleyes: No follow up, no nothing at all after About Face? The guest list is pretty darn long, so I doubt we would get to see much of Natalia at all. Also, I don't enjoy an episode which has too much action, I bet all we would be seeing is the same old characters chasing everywhere throughout the episode. Very unhappy and disappointed. :mad: :(

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm still looking forward to the rest of the season - 'GO' seems like a good one & it sounds like Natalia will have a good amount of screentime in that one too.
    I am disappointed about not seeing Patrick. However, the character 'Jack' seems to still be set, so maybe they haven't changed that he helped Patrick escape....maybe he's only mentioned in this one but plans to return unexpectedly in the premiere (it is a cliffhanger)?
    Guess we'll just have to wait & see on that one.
    I'm still looking forward to it regardless. Wish we had more spoilers for it though.

11. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Aww... c'mon now, fellow Eva/Natalia fans! This season has been so incredible with the amount of screen time our favorite actress and character has been getting; in fact, it just might be the most we've ever been treated to in one season! I'm confident that number nine will end strong for us Natalia fans. Certainly not every episode can or will revolve around our girl, but at least we're still getting to see her every Sunday night (a definite change from the last several seasons)!

A little gif I made; a present from me to all of you! :)
    [​IMG]

12. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

13. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Ah, thanks for including the link to the video; no idea why I didn't! And yeah... the second I saw that shot in the vid, I just KNEW it had to be made into a gif. She is all gorgeous and glowing, and then she bursts out into that glorious smile and starts laughing... be still my heart!

In other news... I re-watched Sleepless in Miami last night. Such an enjoyable episode; definitely one of the best of the season! Eva was so phenomenal (though that's nothing new!), Natalia kicked ass, and so much hilarity was brought by Ryan, Walter, and Tom. I think I might have to write a fic based off the episode... maybe... ;)

Edit: I feel like we should have a moment of silence for All My Children's cancellation. While it's not exactly where Eva got her break, she was there for so long and played such a well-loved character, etc.

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Hey guys, mark your calenders -- Eva will be on 'Live with Regis & Kelly' Friday, April 29th.
    :D

Love the pic, Ris. She could brighten any room with that smile/laugh of hers.

I agree about 'Sleepless' -- that episode was just cool! Definitly my top favorite.

Re: AMC cancellation -- I suppose we lucked out; we still get Eva on our screens every week, but had she stayed put as Maria then we'd soon be missing her. Thank the CSI:Miami Gods for snatching her up when they did.

15. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Natalia wasn't involve in this case much and I don't know why but the show is starting to bore me actually, since the last episode and now this. At one point, I thought she wanted to do more for the case but her role seemed to be restricted in this episode. I would love if she was more connected to the case. Though at least this is more like a CSI episode. Maybe I need to watch it properly but I don't really have the mood.

When will we ever see her relate to a case???? :(