Who is your least favorite character?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by peakchua, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Re: Who is your most unfavorite character?

I agree.

2. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

Well, the network doesn't seem to share your sentiments. A recent quote from a CBS exec said they were quite pleased with the ratings CSI:NY was getting for them on Friday nights(where expectations are much different than Wednesdays), and if they held steady then he saw no reason why the show wouldn't continue next year.

3. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Well, I have to say, I disliked Peyton. Yes, you can call me out on that, as I am a huge Mac/Stella shipper. I also felt the character really had no depth. She could've been much more than just "Mac's girlfriend", but that isn't what happened. She seemed slightly pushy and whiny to me.

I haven't watched the show since the first episode of this season but what I saw of Jo, I didn't like. Again, you can totally call me out on this as I loved Stella. I felt that she was obnoxious and a bit of a know-it-all.

4. PHANTOMERIK

PHANTOMERIK Dead on Arrival

Jo second best Danville now and always with Lindsay bringing up the rear in an extremely respectable 2nd place! LONG LIVE QUEEN STELLA BONASERA OF NY I say!

5. Re: Who is your most unfavorite character?

As Always,Lindsay,Jo,And Peyton.Evereytime I hear Peyton talk,Her accent actually sounds a lot like a Fake version of a British accent.

6. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Hawkes ties with Lindsey as my least favorite character too. And i think for the same reason you have. It isn't necessarily that the character is written dull, but that Harper never puts the right emotion, if any, in. A perfect example is this past week's ep ('Vigilante') where he and Lindsey had that talk in the lab. He was going on about how is girlfriend had been raped and that he had entertained the thought of killing the guy who did it. But there was nothing in his face or body language. No anger or disgust at the memory, no sadness or shame....nothing. He's not given the most interesting material to work with in the first place, and then when he doesn't give it any life, the whole thing becomes insufferable.

And as far as what he was like back in s1, the minimal role of ME masked the very limited range he has as an actor.

And I could simply cut and paste what i just said about Hawkes/Harper in regard to Lindsey/Belknap. The writers haven't given her character a whole lot to work with, but when she is given material, it falls completely flat.

I understand it's probably difficult to give the secondary characters interesting and developed stuff all the time, but good god, that just makes acting ability even more important. And i would like to present Adam/AJ as a prime example of how it should be done! Sure his interactions with Mac are somewhat legendary imo, but that's because AJ makes them that way. If you isolate what the script would read, it could be really boring and stuffy. But AJ and Gary turn it into hillariousness that i go back and re-watch and laugh every time! :guffaw:

Hawkes and Lindsey are written kinda flat, but they're acted even flatter, and hence why they are my least favorite characters.

7. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I have to disagree about Lindsay/Anna being bad, she's one of my favorites on "CSI:NY", i have to say my least favourite character has always been Hawkes... I can't stand him, he's not a CSI, he was a great ME, but as a CSI, yuck!

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i think his worst offence was it happened to me last season. this guy's about to jump off a roof (ok, not a roof but whatever that fire escape thingie is called) and hawkes not only takes time to preach but to preach about himself and in a monotone! argh! at least gary had the good grace to look horrified, i like to think more at the delivery and self centredness than at the content...

there is one hawkes scene i really like - the one in recycled when mac comes to the morgue and can't find hawkes and he's hiding in one of the dead body fridge thingies. that was a good scene, and hawkes did his side of it fine, but even then when he had the comedy entrance, gary managed to outdo him on the comedy cheese by talking about how the bite marks were no canine canines. which was possibly mac's cheesiest line ever but done with aplomb :D

9. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

It's one of favourite scenes ever! The look on Gary's face when Hill (Hawkes) poppes out of that dead body fridge things....(haha I dunno the real term sorry! :lol:) it's just prizeless! :D He looked a bit surprised/scared but not too much so it was belieable I agree that Gary has done a great job when he has to look horrifield there ain't that many scenes but I can think up couple. I really like them cause his reaction looks real and he has not overdo it. :)

Ah that "canine canines" was a good line! :lol: It's a bit cheesy yeah but I liked it! :D It took me couple months actually to understand the real meaning of it! At first it only had a nice ring to ear! :guffaw: I gotta say I nearly liked Hawkes the most in s1...but than again I prefer Sid as a M.E :lol:

I think the humour and drama/crime is generally in good balance in a show but I have to say that Gary is the best on the cast who can make such a little effort on the comic side and still be funny. I especially like the scenes with Adam (A.J) usually even Gary's look (glance) is enough for me to laugh in some scenes! :lol:

10. TwoGreenGloves

TwoGreenGloves Civilian

Well,As much as my friends will hate me now,Jo Danville.I don't know so much about why,Dissapointment because of Melina Leaving,II guess.

11. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Everyone except Gary.

12. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: Can't say at some point i haven't agreed with you!!! ;) :lol: :devil:

13. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

My Fav is and remains Mac. Without Mac CSI NY is nothing. Also Sheldon is a miraculous Character. Jo is a likeable woman. But it is no good character for CSI NY. She stands only with a cup of cafe and talks and talks. She does not worked in the laboratory. It is only one exhibition piece. I had hoped more of it.

14. UKFAN

UKFAN Dead on Arrival

I am a UK Fan of CSI New York and I loved the chemistry between Mac and Stella it blew off the screen. I'm afraid Sela Ward's Jo Danville's character is my least favourite, she has no chemistry with any of the other actors like Melina's Stella did. Season 7 lacks a little something without Melina. Melina had good chemistry with all the characters, even with the younger actors, but Sela seems more like their mother and the actress seems to have slowed down the pace of the show. BRING BACK MELINA.

NOTE TO PRODUCERS - please give Lindsay and Hawkes more interesting then they won't be voted the least favourites.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Melina CHOSE to leave of her own free will, so saying "bring her back" is not that simple. She has to WANT to come back and it doesn't seem that she wants to return to the show.