Episode 9x05 - 'Sleepless in Miami' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 29, 2010.

1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm literally on my hands & knees begging - can someone please, please, please make screencaps for this episode? I have candy....& brownies, cupcakes, pie, cookies....cash?

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    I'll beg for screencaps too.
    I can help add to the cash mjszud but I don't have any goodies.

3. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Loved this episode from start to finish, lots of twists that kept me hooked until the end! Natalia got a chance to shine in this episode and she didn't disappoint.

Ryan is adorable and it definately an interesting change seeing Natalia get worked up over a suspect and Eric being the one to say calm down

Definately a must watch episode, especially on Halloween

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I still have an hour and a half before its supposed to come on here. I turned the tv on at 630 and 60 minutes was on, so I assume if it was running late, it was only for a bit. Does anyone know if the game went over on time tonight?

5. Court

Court Prime Suspect

One of the best episodes I have seen in years! :thumbsup:

Eva did an outstanding job in this ep. It was so awesome to see her really showcase her awesome range. It was definitely a long-time coming too.

I loved the interaction with H and Ryan at the end. So far, S9 really does have a good team dynamic going. I hope TPTB keep it up.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ I thought you & I were in the same time zone -- it aired on time for me.... I just finished watching.

I so loved it. Definitly one I'll watch over & over again....& there hasn't been one of those in a very long time. :p

Jason was easy for me to feel sympathetic towards. I really felt bad for him through the entire episode. Natalia being there for him at the end was quite perfect. I adore any person who can admit they were wrong, & Natalia made sure he & everyone else knew she'd made a mistake by not trusting him. She's just awesome.

So, Nick tried to play the dream defence when he attacked Natalia. Interesting - I wasn't expecting that one at all. Understandable now that Natalia had such a hard time believing Jason. I really wish we'd seen more on her past with Nick, but I'm pretty satisfied with what we got.....for now ;)

The scene with Ryan & Elena was downright hilarious! I loved Walter pointing out the oil on his forehead later. :guffaw:

The ending was so touching. Between Ryan & Natalia's friendship being showcased, to Horatio & Ryan agreeing to never let anyone ("especially Natalia") know that she fired her gun......so sweet. I loved watching them sneak her gun back into her locker. They're like her "big brothers" & I'm really becoming so fond of their relationships.

Egg cracked open was nasty. :wtf:

I don't think I even need to go on about Eva's performance....everyone knows what I think of her. All I can say is that I was not disappointed at all -- she's simply fabulous & shows every emotion & expression so well.

My heart broke a little as soon as Natalia saw "Nick" at the lab & said his name ...felt so bad for her. And Horatio grabbing her face like that? The poor thing probably thought "Nick" was going to break her neck!

Tom was fantastic as always -- his "oh!oh" over the numbness in the hands had me giggling.

What else can I say.....just overall wonderful. My only disappointment was that the drug effects didn't last longer with Natalia. She snapped out of it a little too fast for me, but the scene at the hospital where she was kinda flipping out on Eric was good. On that note, I agree with CSIMandy.....it was a really nice change seeing Eric be calm! while Natalia freaks.

I can't forget the fade-to-black ending with all the change flying out of the machine at Ryan. Too funny. :p

A+++++++ :thumbsup:

7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I LOVED THIS EPISODE. I really, really hope a lot of people did. It makes me sort of sad when I love an episode and everyone comes in here complaining about it. :lol: I want other people to enjoy it too!

Anyways, I loved the beginning. Really trippy and just whoa. So weird.

Seriously loved Ryan and Eric's interaction when they were at the crime scene. "Looks like you owe me lunch" and then "maybe I owe you lunch". And the little fish "It's supposed to read your romantic mood". I kinda wanted them to say what Ryan's romantic mood was, but they didn't. :lol:

Seriously, loooooved the "psychic" touching Ryan's face and telling him about his aura or whatever she was doing. xD Then telling him to put oil on his forehead. Awesome.

Natalia in this episode, just completely convinced the guy was guilty. I really loved it.

Horatio is so casual in this episode. :lol: When he and Eric went to the wife's house and heard her moaning and everything, thinking she was being held down there or something against her will, then Horatio going "Ooh boy..." when they realized what she was really doing. :lol: Also when he told Natalia that her idea of going undercover was good. Sounded so weird coming from H.

"I think there's something oily on your forehead."

Natalia on the drugs. That's the ONLY thing I didn't like about the episode, that there wasn't enough of Natalia on the weird drugs. :lol: But for the amount that there was, she was SO AWESOME. Eva is such a good actress. After Ryan tackled her and she was freaking out, wow. So good. Also, Horatio holding her face and telling her "it's US!" was sad because she didn't recognize them. Who knows what she thought was happening!

Eric, Calleigh, Ryan AND Horatio all in the hospital room with Nat? Awesome. Then all of them and Walter talking about how the guy really died, and Loman in there with them then just going "OH!" and running to the morgue. I loved how much of Tom there was in this episode!

I was actually shocked when the guy got hit by the bus. When the first two cars went by I was like "well he's not gonna get hit" then BAM. I actually jumped and gasped. xD

Ryan asking Natalia if she was okay and everything. :) I'm so glad they had that in there.

Horatio and Ryan agreeing that no one can ever know that Natalia fired her weapon at them, including her. Aaw.

And oh em gee the end, when Ryan went to the vending machine and all that money came out of it. :lol: Loved it.

Long post is long.

8. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

OK best episode of Miami so far this season!!!!! I am super stoked for the 200th episode, but this one takes the cake for #1 so far this season :)

9. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Wow! One of the best episodes in awhile! I really loved the "team" scenes, and the interaction between Eric and Ryan with the psychic - it's like TPTB have finally listened to the fans and heard that we're tired of seeing Ryan be Eric's "punching bag" - I'm starting to like seeing those two together :thumbsup:

But I probably should've started off with noting how AWESOME Eva La Rue was in this episode! :bolian: She did an excellent job, and I especially liked the hospital scene where she apologized to Eric and wanted to protect Jason right away - Eric could learn something from her for sure, like a little humility :rolleyes: But you know I haven't minded Eric that much this season, so I probably shouldn't knock him - just hope he continues to be more level-headed and job-oriented this year.

Natalia's "dream" sequence was frightening, and a part of me wishes she had actually hit either Ryan or H, but then it would've really complicated matters. (H has yet to be injured on this show, and that would've been a great way to do it! But I wouldn't want to see Nat fired either...) So sweet how H and Ryan protect her - I agree w/whoever said they're like her big brothers - definitely a family feel.

The team scenes were great, too - I also loved how they were all in the conference room together when Nat volunteered to go undercover. (Did anyone else notice how Horatio was "conveniently" positioned by Calleigh, hiding EP's baby bump :lol: I think they're doing a great job with that, and Emily is such a trooper! I hope she's doing OK as her due date gets closer. I may be one of the few who miss Calleigh, but I also like that she doesn't have all this "drama" around her and she can just do her job - get back to being that competent second-in-command, Cal!)

And the scene w/Tom and the gang where Tom was like "Oh!Oh! - very quirky and funny - kind of reminded me of what they do on CSI:NY and Vegas. Miami needs a bit of "quirkiness" and that was PERFECT - keep it coming! :thumbsup:

I can't say enough about Jon Togo - he's AWESOME! :drool: The ending with the change was sooo funny, and I LOVE his interactions with Walter - they're a great "dynamic duo." Here's to hopin' Ryan gets a good storyline this year too!

Even Horatio was a little quirky in this ep. - like when they discovered the guy and girl making out on the table - that was kind of funny. And his reactions during Nat's "meltdown" were great, too. Unfortunately, even though he's the lead I see him as the most predictable character, and somewhat stale. He never surprises me or gets out of that "H Zone", if you know what I mean....I'd like to see him crack a few jokes or even a smile w/the team - even at the Basketball game in the first ep. he was super-serious....:rolleyes:

Well...that was a superlong review, but I really wanted to give this ep. the positive feedback it deserves, in the hopes that TPTB will continue to do eps. like this in the future! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It was just 20 minutes late for me. Probably a local game or something that went over. I didn't pay attention to who was playing, just saw that a game was on lol.

My thoughts on the episode:

The fish flopping around on the floor in the beginning reminded me of that asthma commercial where the kid says that having asthma is sometimes like a fish out of water or something like that. The guy jumping out of the mirror reminded me of Nightmare On Elm Street for some strange reason.

Did Nat say "thank you, son" to Travers? Or did she say "thank you so much"?

"You need and ID and I don't want you to go away empty handed". haha, Tom.

Ryan's expressions when the psychic was touching him were hilarious.

Raise your hand if you thought of Quantum Leap when Horatio said, "oh, boy" when he and Eric walked in on the vic's wife with Pete. :raises hand:

Ryan: That's when she said I was gonna make a lot of money and I thought "honey, where were you three years ago?" hee.
    Walter: There's something shiny on your forehead. lol

Tom's "ooh oh!" before he ran off made me chuckle.

I really thought the wife physically killed her hubby. I didn't even suspect the lover, oddly enough. I had a feeling he was gonna get hit by a car though. I wish I hadn't seen that coming, but after that scene in "Final Destination 2", I almost always expect that to happen when someone steps out in the middle of traffic on a movie or tv show lol.

Loved Horatio and Ryan protecting Natalia and not wanting her to know that she fired at them. I think she'd feel so guilty if she knew, so it was nice that they wanted to spare her that feeling.

The money falling out of the machine at Ryan's feet was funny.

Loved the scene where the whole team was discussing the case together.

And of course Eric, Cal, H and Ryan all in Nat's hospital room with her... and Cal calling her "sweetie" or "sweetheart" or whatever she said was kind of nice.

11. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I think she said "thank you, sir" but she said it in a British accent, so it sounded kind of weird. :lol: And that's what Ryan said! I was trying to figure it out and I even watched the episode twice and I couldn't catch what he said. :lol: I love that.

12. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

Freaking A-W-E-S-O-M-E episode!!! I LOVED the case and the different turns to it, I LOVED the team interactions, Delko was HOT in this, I LOVED Natalia, Eva did an outstanding job, and - I LOVED the ending! Best we had in years, even though I really liked Fallen as well except from Jesse dying... now I am a believer too, think we're in for a EPIC season, folks! Would have been nice to have a little bit more Calleigh at this point though, I'm starting to miss her :), but it was great that she got to be at the hospital at least!

Someone's helping mjszud out with caps? I don't know how to do it on my new computer, but I'll give it a shot :)

13. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

This episode lived up to all my expectations! The previous reviews captured all my thoughts. What a great episode! Loved the team interaction and especially all the scenes with Ryan. So glad they had the bonding moment with Ryan and Natalia and Ryan and Horatio at the end! Was I the only one who got a little nervous when they showed Ryan wandering off alone at the end? I briefly thought, "oh no, what trouble is he going to get into now?" When it turned out to be a funny scene, I was soooo relieved! This was a dream episode with Ryan and Natalia stealing every scene. Thank you writers!

14. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

This episode sound amazing....I'm going to watch it in a couple of hours, hope it will be as good as you make it look :lol:

It will take a while, but I'm gonna make the caps from the episode :thumbsup: