Sela/Jo Thread #1 "I'm Jo Danville. I didn't do it."

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 25, 2010.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I thought a shiny new character and new addition to the cast deserved her own shiny new thread. I have to say I already love Jo as a character after only one episode. She brings a whole new dynamic to the team and I love the psychological/profiler aspect that the other characters don't really do all that often.

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I still haven't watched the season premiere but I think bringing Sela on the show was a great move.I hope she enjoys her time with the show!!!I'll watch the new episode the following days so I'll be back for more!!!:)

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i thought she was great, i liked that she had a more profiley outlook on things, while keeping the forensic side, and that she was prepared to bend rules a little bit without ever breaking them. or indeed, creating new ones :)

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I like Jo too! She seems really fun and interesting, and I like her interaction with the rest of the team. I think Sela is still getting her bearings, though, so it can only go up from here.

[​IMG]

She's adorable. ^_^

5. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

I LOVE her!!!

I have always been a big fan of her and I really enjoy her character Jo. Her calm yet very sweet attitude is great and I'm very happy she joined the CSI team. She's a fantastic "replacement" and has already won me over long before the episode even aired.

6. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I think she's a great addition to the team! She's was quite funny yesterday and seems to fit in nicely with the team! I'm interested to see how the writers will develop her character.

7. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I love her! She's already fitting in!!

People can complain all they want, but I love Jo/Sela, she brings a new breath of fresh air into the old team, and I am so glad to see it!!!

8. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I really like her! She already has a great connection with the team, especially Mac. I love Sela Ward so I can't wait to see more of her. Agreed she can only move up.

9. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I haven't seen the eppie either but I've seen promos and some small clips that she's in and I like her character. Seems nice addition to team and she works well and is belieable. I'm waiting the scenes with Mac a lot in future. :)

10. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Finally watched the episode!!I loved Jo.Sela Ward was awesome!!!

What surprised me more is that she seems to get along with everyone on the set pretty well.It seemed that Sela is on the show for several years now.Great chemistry with every member of the team.Now looking forward to see her family status in the following episodes.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Here's a Tweet from CBS:

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: - that's all i have to say about that ;) oh and that i'll try to watch it, i like CF anyway so i won't mind ;)

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

:lol:

I really liked Jo. Thought she had great chemistry with the rest of the team. It'll be interesting to see how they react to her lack of organization skills :lol:. The profiling twist is interesting too. Though I wonder how long they'll go before it becomes a problem with someone from the team because "you have to follow the evidence and not make assumptions". I imagine the writers could use that somewhere along the line to create some tension. Anyway, thought Sela/Jo was great :cool:.

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

to me it seems they've already set up at least 3 (that i can think of) possible causes of tension between her and other people (especially mac); one because she values profiling as much as forensic evidence and he might struggle with that; another because he's so logical, thorough and organised and she, well, isn't; and there was another one that i've mentioned in a post somewhere but i'm darned if if can remember what it was - it exists tho!:rolleyes::lol:

15. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist